Live Chat with....

Comments/questions about the site or the forum? Post them here. Additionally you'll find here important announcements and news releases from MSCL.com.
JPP13
Angela's best friend

Live Chat with....

Post by JPP13 » Jan 8th 2004, 8:30 pm

Has a live chat with any of the producers or writers ever been attempted? Sure, maybe not Winnie, but there were many folks involved with the show. Oftentimes professionals like to discuss their past projects.

I'm good at pestering people. I'd be happy to try and see if someone would be interested. Has it ever been tried? Does anyone here have any real contacts? Does anyone care?

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jan 8th 2004, 9:55 pm

I'd like to chat with them. Or I'd lurk in chat with them. I'm awfully shy. Well, I might be able to come up with a question or two.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Jan 8th 2004, 10:01 pm

You're a lawyer, how can you be shy?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 9th 2004, 12:46 am

Well I guess I can give Claire and Jared a call....

j/k ;) :P

This would be cool though, wonder how to go about getting someone affiliated with the show involved.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jan 9th 2004, 6:33 am

There were some AOL chats back in 1994/95 with cast and crew (I think the transcripts should be somewhere here on the site... or maybe not. :? )

The problem with chats is that they are very demanding to the server software and other technical aspects. As soon as more as 30-50 users access such a chat at the same time, you'd need good server hardware, so MSCL.com is out of the picture for such an event. One could also use some public IRC chatroom, but there are always risks like netsplits, channel takeovers and so on. I guess there are other professional chat solutions, but you probably have to pay money for using it. And celebrities are almost always bad in typing ;-), so you'd need one or two professional typists to record their answers.

Much easier would be IMHO some kind of e-mail interview. We collect questions (like we did for the bonus disc interviews) and send them to the cast/crew members (of course with their agreement) so they can answer them whenever they have time. Or we send them a tape recorder...

But however, it will always require a lot of work to find out the contact addresses, asking them to participate, and so on.

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Jan 9th 2004, 8:26 am

Ok, appreciate the input on that. So a live chat here is out. But I do like your email suggestions. I spent some of last night researching current positions of some of the individuals on the show (which this site nicely catalogues), and have actually found a few email addys. I'll try to come up with something to see if I can get a response. If so, I guess the next step will be to solicit questions from everyone. But that's getting ahead of myself obviously.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jan 10th 2004, 12:56 am

Back in the first days of this website, Wilson Cruz and Devon Gummersall where both spotted and confirmed signing the guestbook, so maybe it's not too much of a stretch.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

tennisgirl55
Nicky Driscoll

Post by tennisgirl55 » Jan 24th 2004, 2:50 pm

I'd love to have a live chat w/ them....

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Jan 28th 2004, 2:46 pm

Gosh me too. Anything to do with getting to know more about the show / making of / cast and crew etc.
Mom. Streamers?

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Feb 1st 2004, 10:11 pm

I'm still working on it. Researching who we can speak with, drafting letters, etc. My plan is to see if someone would agree to answer some questions about the show, and get some email questions ahead of time, since it appears the chat won't work.

Keep your fingers crossed.