The Office

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Nov 14th 2003, 6:33 am

Someone bought me an advance present of the Office Season 2 on DVD!
Hooray for them - major brownie points!

Anyway, I've watched the first two episodes and the extras... the deleted scenes are wonderful and I can only imagine that the reason they were taken out was time rather than quality :D I mean, how funny-looking is Gareth?

Also the video diary and outtakes are so fabulous - though i would ring Ricky Gervais' neck if I had to work with him :shock:

Fnord, 2 additional episodes of the Office are airing on the BBC on 26th and 27th December, and that will be it - I can't wait to see them and I'm sure they will be released on DVD in due course... No series 3, which is devastating but also good - Gervais had the good sense to finish on a high which I think so many producers of shows lack nowadays.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 14th 2003, 3:50 pm

starbug wrote:Fnord, 2 additional episodes of the Office are airing on the BBC on 26th and 27th December, and that will be it - I can't wait to see them and I'm sure they will be released on DVD in due course... No series 3, which is devastating but also good - Gervais had the good sense to finish on a high which I think so many producers of shows lack nowadays.
Great news! I am anxiously awaiting the DVD release of them.

Make sure to watch the whole S2 before you watch them though! There will definitely be spoilers.

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Dec 24th 2003, 8:47 pm

I've just started watching this show, it is the funniest thing I've seen in years.

Between the Office and Bargain Hunt, I'm moving to the UK!

Rites of Spring

Post by Rites of Spring » Dec 29th 2003, 4:29 pm

We just had the new Christmas Specials on over here this weekend. That's the last of The Office, they're not making any more. If you've seen season 2 then the specials tie up a few loose ends from that. They were good, very dark but I wasn't too sure about the ending. I guess they'll be out on DVD in time for next Christmas, or maybe one of the US networks will show them before then.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jan 2nd 2004, 1:43 pm

I tried to post on this thread a few days ago but the link went down and I couldn't get it back as the cafe I was in refused to let me coz they wanted to close... *sheesh*

Anyway, I won't reveal what happened, but I would say the specials were hugely enjoyable. I did find it a bit dark, like you say, but I really thought they were well done... though the first episode was inferior. I would definitely say watch them and I think the writers have finished on a real high.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jan 23rd 2004, 5:27 am

This arrived in my in-box the other day...

http://homepage.mac.com/elliottday/theo ... reyou.html

try it to see which office character you're most like.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 23rd 2004, 10:58 am

starbug wrote:This arrived in my in-box the other day...

http://homepage.mac.com/elliottday/theo ... reyou.html

try it to see which office character you're most like.
So who were you?

I got Tim Canterbury, which is fine by me. He is definitely the character I most empathize with in the series. :)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 23rd 2004, 5:17 pm

Info from tvshowsondvd about the R1 S2 release:
Welcome to Wernham Hogg, the paper company a world away from London, where life is stationery. Critics and fans alike have lauded this hilarious, biting look at the everyday hell of office life as a cult comedy classic in the vein of This Is Spinal Tap and The Larry Sanders Show. Series two marks the final full season of the life in the office.

The first season of The Office proved to be the #1 selling BBC title in 2003, and now BBC has announced that the second season of this hit show will be released on 4/20/2004.

This single-disc release will contain all 6 series 2 episodes along with a "Video Diary" of the making of Series Two, deleted scenes, out-takes and "slough slang" - over 40 minutes of extras. As with the previous release, season 2 will feature an anamorphic widescreen transfer, Dolby stereo audio, English subtitles and will carry a suggester retail price of $24.95.
You can view the cover art here.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

kidbro77
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kidbro77 » Jan 23rd 2004, 5:53 pm

lol, I got Dawn, which is actually pretty spot on...
-------------------------------
Blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/oyvavoy

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 23rd 2004, 6:03 pm

kidbro77 wrote:lol, I got Dawn, which is actually pretty spot on...
lol, did you pick the correct gender? It was the first question.

Post by Guest » Jan 23rd 2004, 8:39 pm

yep, i picked male....

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 25th 2004, 10:43 pm

Woohoo! Two Golden Globes so far. Very happy for Ricky and crew :)

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Jan 25th 2004, 11:40 pm

So who were you?
I got Gareth. And then when I was unsatisified with that answer and cheated selecting my second choices for some questions, I still got Gareth.

:( :x

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 26th 2004, 12:25 am

grim4746 wrote:I got Gareth. And then when I was unsatisified with that answer and cheated selecting my second choices for some questions, I still got Gareth.

:( :x
:lol: that is too funny! :D

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jan 26th 2004, 5:52 am

fnordboy wrote: So who were you?
Heh - Jennifer Taylor Clarke... I'm not sure how I feel about it; I thought I was softer than that. But at least she's not a woman who messes about. :D

A goodly proportion of my colleagues got Finchy. Which I suppose tells you something very sad about my work environment :shock: