Saved by the Bell

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jun 11th 2003, 11:27 am

I agree w/ Candygirl, what the hell does 'Screech' expect? Like we know him from anything besides SBTB.?... OK, so he did celeb. boxing, (yeah, so did Vanilla Ice) and he dated some she-male bodybuilder on Star-dates, but really; does he really expect people to think of him as anything other than Screech. Get over yourself pal, and be glad anyone recognizes you at all. On a lighter note, I hope SBTB is coming to disk!
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

ducksqueak
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ducksqueak » Jun 11th 2003, 11:23 pm

candygirl wrote:from tvshowsondvd:
Pricing, running time, and exact list of episodes are not available yet (don't, however, count on "Miss Bliss"). A September 2nd release date is mentioned, though.
:cry:
Am I the only one who is upset about the no Miss Bliss thing? There are some great episodes from when the gang hung out at John F. Kennedy Junior High. Zach, Screech, and Mr. Belding are the only regulars featured in the early days, but is so much fun. I was a huge fan of Milo, the janitor who knew everything. My fave episode is the one where Miss Bliss plays a history game and everyone comes dressed up as historical figures.
"Gee, you're beautiful when you're unconscious."
---Link in "Hairspray"

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 11th 2003, 11:35 pm

Honestly, I am NOT at all disappointed about starting the Saved by the Bell DVDs with Bayside. Miss Bliss never did it for me (although I did love Hayley Mills movies like Pollyanna and the Parent Trap when I was a kid)!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jun 23rd 2003, 12:36 pm

ducksqueak wrote:Zach, Screech, and Mr. Belding are the only regulars featured in the early days, but is so much fun.
Lisa was also in the Miss Bliss episodes.
Hey, SBTB is on TBS right now. I'm going to watch!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 23rd 2004, 1:19 am

Info from tvshowsondvd:
Lions Gate Home Entertainment has set April 27th as the release date for the third and fourth seasons of this popular show. The set carries a suggested retail price of $44.99, but DVDEmpire.com is already selling the set for $33.74, and DVDPlanet.com has the pre-order on it for $31.47.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 25th 2004, 4:49 am

You can view the cover art here!

msclrules
Liberty High Student

Post by msclrules » Feb 20th 2004, 7:27 pm

i admit that i'm obsessed with save by the bell, i alway watch the reruns in the morning at 7 am!
~msclrules~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 25th 2005, 5:12 pm

Info from tvshowsondvd:
When I wake up in the morning, my alarm gives off a warning,
I don't think I'll ever make it on time!
By the time I get my books, and give myself a look,
I'm at the corner just in time to see the bus fly by!
It's all right, cause I'm saved by the bell!

If the teacher pops a test, I know I'm in a mess,
and the dog ate all my homework last night!
Riding low in my chair, she won't know if I'm there.
If I can hand it in tomorrow, it'll be all right!
It's all right, cause I"m saved by the bell!
The unforgettable theme song plays for the last season of the original series this Summer, as Zack, Slater, Screech, Kelly, Jessie, Lisa, and Mr. Belding ring what should be the final Bell together on DVD. Previous news had said that Saved By The Bell - Season 5 was going to hit on the day after Independence Day, but earlier this week TVShowsOnDVD talked to Lions Gate, who told us that the street date is now set to July 19th (two weeks later than the previous report).

We don't know yet whether or not you can expect the Hawaiian Style special on this release, but according to information from about a year ago, the episodes on this 5th Season release are:

* Student Teacher Week
* The Fight
* Screech's Spaghetti Sauce
* The New Girl
* The Bayside Triangle
* Teen Line
* Day of Detention
* Masquerade Ball
* Wrestling With the Future
* Drinking and Driving
* Class Ring
* Love Machine
* Isn't It Romantic
* The Will
* The Teacher's Strike
* Slater's Sister
* The Video Yearbook
* The Senior Prom
* Snow White and the Dorks
* The Best Summer of My Life
* Earthquake
* School Song
* Graduation
* Time Capsule

One of those episodes, "Screech's Spaghetti Sauce", guest starred a Soleil Moon Frye, who's best known from younger days as Punky Brewster.

This will be a fun release, that fans have been waiting excitedly for! Official details and cover art for this release are still to come, so stay tuned and we'll bring that to you just as soon as we can.

msclrules
Liberty High Student

saved by the bell

Post by msclrules » Feb 25th 2005, 5:43 pm

i used to watch it like crazy at 7 am b4 school but then i decided to watch music videos instead!! :D :D
~msclrules~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 28th 2005, 6:06 am

More news from tvshowsondvd:
The other day we posted news that Saved By The Bell - Season 5 was slated to arrive on DVD this July 19th. At the time we didn't know if the "Hawaiian Style" special - which aired between what's officially called Season 4 and Season 5 - would be included on this release.

Lions Gate reps have let us know that "Hawaiian Style" is indeed going to be included on this set! No other info was offered just then; just answering what we'd already asked about the one special.

In retrospect, we also should have asked about the other missing special, "Wedding in Las Vegas", which logically should have been included with Image's release of Saved by the Bell: The College Years (since the final episode of that show, "Wedding Plans", led directly into the prime-time special). It wasn't included there, so we're not sure if Image owns that special, or if it's Lions Gate and could make it onto the S5 release, but we'll try to find out.

Also, it's worth mentioning it (since we've had a few people already ask): Good Morning, Miss Bliss was a Disney production that turned into Saved by the Bell after Disney cancelled the show from their cable channel, and NBC picked it up and re-vamped, re-cast, and re-titled it. We can only presume that Disney holds the rights to GMMB, and if so then callilng 1-800-72-DISNEY to request it might not be a bad idea. If a different company owns those rights, please speak up and say so, and let us know what your plans are with the property.

There's still more SBTB news to come in the future, so stay tuned!