AU Bonus Materials Discussion (**OFFICIAL THREAD**)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 5th 2004, 5:44 pm

angelgirl wrote:i still haven't gotten my bonus stuff, i know i'm not the only one, but it's kind of annoying. i was in the first bunch of preorders too. i wonder if there is any sort of system, cause i am wondering why i wasn't one of the first ones to get it. it didn't take so long for me to get the episode dvds. anyone have some insight? meanwhile i'll just sit here and wait......... :(
If they do have a system to their shipping I can not figure it out. At first it seemed to be from west to east, but they had skipped a lot of people in that first "wave". At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Ross is pulling names out of a hat to determine the order shipped.

Dave Reed
Jody Barsh

Post by Dave Reed » Jan 5th 2004, 7:10 pm

fnordboy wrote:If they do have a system to their shipping I can not figure it out. At first it seemed to be from west to east, but they had skipped a lot of people in that first "wave". At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Ross is pulling names out of a hat to determine the order shipped.
I'm not sure what it is, either. I know I responded to an e-mail of theirs complaining of hearing nothing about it, only to receive it within a week or so (I think). I think that's just coincidence.
"Where it's not just a way of life but a toxic adventure & 60's-style love-in"

BrodysMom
Frozen Embryo

I got it!

Post by BrodysMom » Jan 7th 2004, 11:52 am

I finally e-mailed AnotherUniverse, basically told them I would be filing suit if I didn't receive notification that my bonus materials were sent along with a tracking number. Low and behold, less than a week later guess what was on my front porch when I arrived home? My bonus materials.

kez
Nicky Driscoll

Post by kez » Jan 7th 2004, 1:28 pm

who did you email?

i've already filed a complaint with the courts in california, but i don't have my extras :(

Dave Reed
Jody Barsh

Post by Dave Reed » Jan 7th 2004, 8:20 pm

kez wrote:who did you email?

i've already filed a complaint with the courts in california, but i don't have my extras :(
I believe I used dvdsupport@anotheruniverse.com to contact them. If you really want to be thorough, you could e-mail Colleen McNiece freakbiscuit@yahoo.com , who e-mailed a lot of us concerning returns and refunds.
"Where it's not just a way of life but a toxic adventure & 60's-style love-in"

wend74
Overlooked Sibling

Post by wend74 » Jan 11th 2004, 5:14 pm

hi all
haven't looked in for a while,
just remembered the promise of imminent shipping of lunchboxes e-mail back in sept and thought i'd see what, if anything was happening and to my suprise and slight horror there are people actually getting their goods!!
i have just read pretty much all the posts in this thread and am a little gutted that people who ordered so late on in this whole fiasco are getting the so-called bonus stuff before people like myself who paid up at the very start. grrrr i don't begrudge people getting it eventually but still its a bit off.
sounds like people over here in the UK are getting them too which is at least a hopeful sign.
Also just want to say to Jason......you are such a star i can't believe you are still posting and trying to help out, i would have buggered off ages ago!!
good luck with your new boxset venture :)

well i will be back as sonn as i get anything resembling a package from AU i shall not hold my breath though!

sorry if i sounded bitter and grumpy i'm just jeaous that those people are enjoying their sandwiches whilst being able to gaze at jordan!!

hope everyone gets theirs soon (including me of course!)

oh and the guy near heathrow...i live near there too......just saying !

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jan 13th 2004, 9:05 pm

They misspelled my name on the label, but I got the bonus package today. Lunchbox is in good condition, haven't checked to see if bonus disc works. The certificate has the AU logo on it -- blech! Oh well, that's about it then.

:roll:

:)
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

feisty_jenn
Frozen Embryo

it really came!!

Post by feisty_jenn » Jan 14th 2004, 10:23 pm

i'll second (or more at this point) the suggest of contacting AU re: the materials....when i read on here that people were receiving them i replied to an old email of theirs...never heard anything back and was getting more and more annoyed...then lo and behold my stuff arrived by post today...sent ground mail to Canada (hence no tracking info and a month long shipping period) but they're here!

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Nothing here in Georgia...

Post by vapspwi » Jan 15th 2004, 3:38 pm

feisty_jenn wrote:i'll second (or more at this point) the suggest of contacting AU re: the materials....when i read on here that people were receiving them i replied to an old email of theirs...never heard anything back and was getting more and more annoyed...then lo and behold my stuff arrived by post today...sent ground mail to Canada (hence no tracking info and a month long shipping period) but they're here!
I sent them a nastygram about a week ago to the addresses suggested above a week ago, threatening to update my reports with the various agencies that we're all dealing with, and to pursue legal action if they didn't communicate with me and complete my transaction with them.

I have not heard ANYTHING from them. No e-mail, and I haven't received anything in the mail yet. I'll give them a few more days and then I'll try to get somebody on the phone so I can yell at them personally. :-)

JRjr

feisty_jenn
Frozen Embryo

Post by feisty_jenn » Jan 15th 2004, 6:52 pm

[quote]I sent them a nastygram about a week ago to the addresses suggested above a week ago, threatening to update my reports with the various agencies that we're all dealing with, and to pursue legal action if they didn't communicate with me and complete my transaction with them. [/quote]

while i understand the temptation to send them an oh-so-deserved nastygram, i personally sent a sweet and gentle reminder...easier to catch flies with honey etc. etc.

Todd B.
Tino

Post by Todd B. » Jan 15th 2004, 9:50 pm

feisty_jenn wrote:
easier to catch flies with honey etc. etc.
And what do you use to catch rat bastards? :D

As far as getting your bonus materials faster, I would suggest sending an e-mail to AU asking when yours will be shipped. I'd suggest sending the e-mail 2-3 times a week until you get an answer. I sent the following to customerservice@anotheruniverse.com

--------
Hi,

This inquiry is in regard to Order No: XXXX. I hear the lunchboxes
and bonus DVD discs are shipping. Do you know when I can expect to receive them? As you can understand, I'm getting anxious after all this time, to have them so close, yet still be waiting.
--------

After sending that e-mail to them a couple times, I got an e-mail saying mine would be shipped out in the next batch. And a short while later I got a shipping notice, and then I received the package. So I think if you make a little noise, you'll get your shipment bumped up in the queue.

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by vapspwi » Jan 16th 2004, 10:43 am

feisty_jenn wrote:while i understand the temptation to send them an oh-so-deserved nastygram, i personally sent a sweet and gentle reminder...easier to catch flies with honey etc. etc.
Well, I didn't cuss them out or anything. It was all "please" and "thank you," mixed in with "Internet Fraud Complaint Center," "California Attorney General," and "legal action."

It's been over a week, so I believe I will send them a follow-up.

JRjr

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jan 17th 2004, 1:47 pm

OH MY GOD!!! Hell just seriously froze over!!! I stepped out on my front porch this morning to walk down to the pier, and what was there? MY LUNCH BOX AND BONUS DVD!!! I know others of you have had them for quite a while, but I never though my time would come! What is this, like THREE YEARS later? Anyway, it was a big surprise, it’s been like four months since that email said to look for them coming. What’s with the key/Tino thing n the bottom? That’s kind of lame, especially since Tino had nothing to do with that.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 17th 2004, 1:56 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:What’s with the key/Tino thing n the bottom? That’s kind of lame, especially since Tino had nothing to do with that.
What are you talking about?
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jan 17th 2004, 3:03 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:What’s with the key/Tino thing n the bottom? That’s kind of lame, especially since Tino had nothing to do with that.
I can't remember exactly how we came up with that idea. If I remember correctly, it was meant to be part of a "larger concept", i.e. Tino should be an important part of the DVD navigation like guiding the user through the Bedford Falls Company location. He would be the "red string" throughout the entire DVD collection with the cast&crew referencing him in the interview and lots of other easter eggs and hidden features to make the (bonus) disc a really entertaining adventure for the user/fan by telling a small story. The handcuffs could have been a scene in the user interface - only if you select the handcuffs and the key in that order you get access to a secret section on the bonus disc...

Well, we all know what happend to our good ideas and intentions, the only insider joke that was left is that little "Tino/key" thingy on Dan's design for the lunchbox.

BTW: We're talking about this thing on the backside of the lunchboxes: (I don't have a lunchbox (and who knows if I ever will get one), so I don't know if it really looks that way, but that's how Dan designed it)