It's All About Love, part deux

Discuss former or new projects of Claire Danes ("Angela Chase") in this forum.
sine
Three Rivers Resident

It's All About Love, part deux

Post by sine » Dec 18th 2003, 7:47 am

eyeboogers wrote:The filmmakers are commenting on something they feel to be deeply wrong with the way people in generel view the world today, the characters needed to be blank slates personality wise, they needed to be cold, distanced and numb except for the faintest possible spark somewhere behind a ton of emotional debris. Anyways let's table this for now and i'll write something more indept in a week or so.
(Source: The Afterlife of Cast and Crew - It's All About Love)

If you have time to consume on this this matter, please do -- this reading/interpretation of the film is quite interesting and I (for one) would like to read more about it.

---
No matter how hot the weather gets, there should be no sleeping on the roof of the cider house.

sirhansirhan
Account Suspended

Re: It's All About Love, part deux

Post by sirhansirhan » Dec 18th 2003, 12:42 pm

sine wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:The filmmakers are commenting on something they feel to be deeply wrong with the way people in generel view the world today, the characters needed to be blank slates personality wise, they needed to be cold, distanced and numb except for the faintest possible spark somewhere behind a ton of emotional debris. Anyways let's table this for now and i'll write something more indept in a week or so.
(Source: The Afterlife of Cast and Crew - It's All About Love)

If you have time to consume on this this matter, please do -- this reading/interpretation of the film is quite interesting and I (for one) would like to read more about it.
I second that motion.

sirhansirhan
Account Suspended

Post by sirhansirhan » Jan 14th 2004, 1:33 pm

Today's edition of Time Out London lists a preview of this film with a Q & A on Thursday, January 22nd at the UGC Shaftesbury Ave. It does not, however, say who the Q & A is with, and I have not found a place on the web that says, either. When it showed at the London Film Festival, no one came to promote it, except for the cinematographer, Anthony Dod Mantle. Have any of you UK-based folk happen to have run across this? I'd call the cinema, but I live two hours out of London and don't have a phone.

sirhansirhan
Account Suspended

Post by sirhansirhan » Feb 12th 2004, 4:25 pm

Here's a funny little bit I pulled out of the February 11-18 Time Out London, though it is unclear where exactly the author of the piece heard it (this is from an interview with director Vinterberg, but the following quote is the interviewer's, not Vinterberg's):

"I had heard that Claire Danes was so panicked when she saw the film she cried for two days and held a crisis meeting with Joaquin Phoenix about it."

Vinterberg's reply?

"The film is about the distances between people, cosmopolitan relationships, and I'm sitting here with a journalist in London hearing about how my actors in America feel about the film...You make something like this, something which is more like a poem than a conventional story, and you see how the panic spreads out because it's not a commercial product. This is the most stubbornly conservative art form, the whole industry is obsessed with careerism. It's so boring..."

So, it looks like Claire's on my side regarding the quality of this film. Even so, I have become anxious to see it again; God knows I don't always judge a film right the first time I see it. Besides, Vinterberg's above quote is right on the mark. Even if his new movie still sucks after the second screening, his words here are right on the mark.

lmukerjee
Frozen Embryo

Its All About Love

Post by lmukerjee » Mar 29th 2004, 10:30 pm

Where can I see this movie? You'd think that living in LA, it would be easy to find a screening somewhere, but no, there's not even a release date on the Focus Features website. Help! I've watched the trailer far too many times now ;)