if u like brit comedy like the office...

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
guest420

if u like brit comedy like the office...

Post by guest420 » Jan 7th 2004, 6:44 pm

Moderator note: this topic has been moved to the Other TV Shows forum

i remember reading something about the office (ON BBC). being a uk resident i have to agree that this is a fantastic program. Another great british comedy IMHO is 'phoenix nights' - i dont know if u guys get this in the US but if u get the chance, do watch it.

I just watched the US version of trigger happy tv and i gotta say it kinda sucks compared to the original but i kind quite put my finger on the reason for it. it's a shame cause i was really looking forward to it.

i generally love american comedy that we get over here such as friends, frasier, will and grace. could anyone suggest any others i should be looking to get into

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jan 8th 2004, 5:54 am

?? think this might have been moved to the wrong place

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 8th 2004, 12:54 pm

I don't believe Phoenix Nights airs here in the US at all...maybe on BBCAmerica. I have been curious about this show for awhile now, it has been recommended to me. Eventually I will pick up a DVD of it.

As far as US comedy shows, if you like something a little on the bizarre end of the comedy scale you should check out Strangers With Candy, it is a spoof on the "after-school-special genre" of TV.

IMO on regular network TV it doesn't get much better than Will & Grace.

guest420

Post by guest420 » Jan 8th 2004, 1:23 pm

thanks fnordboy. i'll try to get a dvd of it or something even though i really should be revising for my exams. :lol:

Something tells me my priorties aren't what they should :twisted: :twisted:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 8th 2004, 3:31 pm

guest420 wrote:thanks fnordboy. i'll try to get a dvd of it or something even though i really should be revising for my exams. :lol:

Something tells me my priorties aren't what they should :twisted: :twisted:
Priorities Schmiorities! :P

If you want more info check out this page: http://www.jerriblank.com/swc.html#mytop

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jan 10th 2004, 1:53 am

Well it's not America (it is Canadian however), but The Newsroom is just like The Office, brilliant and hilarious, and predates it by 5 years.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

guest420

Post by guest420 » Jan 10th 2004, 8:02 pm

just remebered another show that fits into the not ur usual comedy show-
try peep show that airs here on channel 4.
it's the same station that shows graham norton (i heard he has like a cult following over there), ali g, trigger happy tv. :-P

For good stand up i would definitely recommend 'eddie izzard - Dressed to kill'. i dare you to watch it and not laugh ur ass off.
anybody who does not laugh at this has no sense of humour