Resolutions anyone?

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
Nik
Liberty High Student

Resolutions anyone?

Post by Nik » Jan 4th 2004, 1:56 pm

I love to hear other's resolutions. Care to share??

Mine:

Of course to eat better and exercise more (isn't that an obligatory resolution).

To organize my craft room and actually use it.

Finish painting my kitchen (I started it the beginning of Nov, then life got in the way--I went through the holidays with a 1/4 painted kitchen)

Catch up on my scrapbooking

Make more time for books

actually take care of my yard this year (yuuuuuck)

return all rented movies on time (we have hugely racked late fees at all three video stores in town)
Nik

“Well, I guess it depends on how-- badly you need wallpaper”
“I would say pretty badly”

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jan 5th 2004, 5:51 am

Yep, I'll share. And this year I'm going to stick to them :shock:

1. Stop Smoking. This has been my resolution for the past 6 years but right now I'm having some success. Haven't smoked since 19th December (I was ill) and I'm absolutely determined not to touch another cigarette. So far my ability to smell the stench on other people has returned, and I do actually feel physically better, so that's good.

2. Wear nicer clothes (especially to work) where I work it is a very casual dress code. However this should not provide me with an excuse to walk around looking like something the cat dragged in.

3. Be nicer to my mum . She deserves it.

4. Learn French, and keep learning til I'm good at it well, have got the books and tapes, just don't have the time... *sigh* will get there this year.

5. Join the public library and USE IT have done this one already! They had Donnie Darko on DVD for the mere price of £2 for a week's rental!! What more convincing can a girl need?

So those are it. If anyone else is giving up smoking and wants to start a 'support thread' (though I realise that's a bit Oprah, it might help...) then let me know :) [/b]

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jan 5th 2004, 6:30 pm

Hehe, I can copy & paste my resolutions

- Learn French, and keep learning til I'm good at it. I actually live in France for 9 years now (although I spend lots of time in Germany), but my French is still lousy. Mais je vais essayer. Or something like that ;-)

- Learn English, and keep learning til I'm good at it. I finally want to post errorfree messages on this forum *g*

- Of course to eat better and exercise more. :oops: Well yeah. And maybe I should cook more "real food" instead of pizza...

- Finish painting my kitchen. Okay, copying and pasting isn't exactly working. The kitchen is the only room which is finished :) Got still lots of work to do on my bathroom, my living room, sleeping room... and get all my computer stuff moved out of the living room... Everything has to be finished by the end of this year - not to mention the work which has to be done on the rest of the house...

- Find a new job, buy a new car.

- Finish the "new" MSCL.COM. Lots of MSCL related anniversaries this year - time for bringing the new site finally online.

- Travel to the USA. With the Euro up to US$ 1.26 it's a must to make a trip. I planned this for years, but never had the time or money to do it.

- Start to mentally prepare for the big "30". ;-)

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jan 5th 2004, 8:58 pm

starbug wrote:Yep, I'll share. And this year I'm going to stick to them :shock:

1. Stop Smoking. This has been my resolution for the past 6 years but right now I'm having some success. Haven't smoked since 19th December (I was ill) and I'm absolutely determined not to touch another cigarette. So far my ability to smell the stench on other people has returned, and I do actually feel physically better, so that's good.
Way to go Starbug. Hey, Illness is never fun, occassionally amusing but never fun, sometimes though it can help you in ways never anticipated.
For example, when I had jaw surgery, I lost 15 pounds.

Still that's fantastic. Keep it up, just think about how much money you will save from all that tobacco you won't be buying.

As far as resolutions go, I want to keep my excersize program going.

-LanceMan

Nik
Liberty High Student

Post by Nik » Jan 8th 2004, 12:50 am

Learn French, and keep learning til I'm good at it. I actually live in France for 9 years now (although I spend lots of time in Germany), but my French is still lousy. Mais je vais essayer. Or something like that
Ya --want to do that too--but too much pressure to place that in my resolutions. Also want to become fluent in German and Spanich as well. Too many hours in too many days--wait a minute--that dosen't solidify my argument--scratch that!! I HAVE TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS!! But don't tell anyone I told you so!! It's a deep dark secret :oops:
Nik

“Well, I guess it depends on how-- badly you need wallpaper”
“I would say pretty badly”

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jan 18th 2004, 12:56 pm

Nik wrote:
Learn French, and keep learning til I'm good at it. I actually live in France for 9 years now (although I spend lots of time in Germany), but my French is still lousy. Mais je vais essayer. Or something like that
Ya --want to do that too--but too much pressure to place that in my resolutions. Also want to become fluent in German and Spanich as well. Too many hours in too many days--wait a minute--that dosen't solidify my argument--scratch that!! I HAVE TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS!! But don't tell anyone I told you so!! It's a deep dark secret :oops:
Ya know, savor that moment. Savor the feeling of having tons of time to do whatever. That is a great feeling, too often lost in the hustle and bustle of life.

-LanceMan