What did everyone get for christmas?

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

xmas

Post by lance » Jan 2nd 2004, 10:55 pm

Some of my highlights:

Buffy Season 5 on DVD

War of the Ring game for PC

and a new Epson Printer.

-LanceMan

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jan 3rd 2004, 1:51 am

Dave Reed wrote:I'll try to keep this thread going on things here:
Sorry. :oops:
My favorite gift was a Levenger home library kit: stamps, check-out cards and envelopes.

My most necessary gifts were money towards the new car I must buy (apparently our high school cars do not last forever :cry: ) and the trip I am taking to Paris for Spring break.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Dave Reed
Jody Barsh

Post by Dave Reed » Jan 3rd 2004, 2:43 am

Jody Barsch* wrote: Sorry. :oops:
No problem! :D I just happened to poke myself into the middle of things.

Jody Barsch* wrote: My most necessary gifts were money towards the new car I must buy (apparently our high school cars do not last forever :cry: )
I think my high school car lasted a little over a year. Hunk of junk. :) It died on the fast lane of I-80 as I was heading towards San Francisco. It was fun coasting across three lanes to get to the shoulder.

Good luck on finding a good car!
"Where it's not just a way of life but a toxic adventure & 60's-style love-in"

Nik
Liberty High Student

Post by Nik » Jan 4th 2004, 1:49 pm

I do not have a list of gifts that I received myself, a my family does not exchange for adults. Instead we compile the money we would have spent on each other and adopt a needy family for Christmas.

However, my son did get a PSII for Christmas this year. One of the games he got with it was ROTK. I am not a gamer at all, but I became addicted to this game and wasted the better part of 3 of my vacation days playing the time sucker. I am way too goal oriented to play those games. I could not stop until I had reached the end (single player and co-op with my son)!! I have to admit though, it was very fun :oops:
Nik

“Well, I guess it depends on how-- badly you need wallpaper”
“I would say pretty badly”

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jan 5th 2004, 9:02 pm

Nik wrote:I do not have a list of gifts that I received myself, a my family does not exchange for adults. Instead we compile the money we would have spent on each other and adopt a needy family for Christmas.

However, my son did get a PSII for Christmas this year. One of the games he got with it was ROTK. I am not a gamer at all, but I became addicted to this game and wasted the better part of 3 of my vacation days playing the time sucker. I am way too goal oriented to play those games. I could not stop until I had reached the end (single player and co-op with my son)!! I have to admit though, it was very fun :oops:
Ahhh, I too know the satisfied feeling of looking up from a computer game and going, "Hey what time is it? For that matter what day is it?" Many an hour have I spent battling orcs in Warcraft games or Harkonnens in Dune Games.

-LanceMan

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jan 5th 2004, 9:11 pm

Yeah, I gave a game to a couple I know (NOLF 2. Shh, don't tell them I got it for cheap off the discout rack :wink: ) which worked out good and bad. They both like it, but the wife likes it so much that she is totally dominating their computer and the husband has hardly had a chance to play it!

:lol:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Loz_179
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Loz_179 » Jan 6th 2004, 9:54 pm

I got a new wallet and the Robbie Williams live at Albert Hall Dvd from my boyfriend;
A care bear from my bestest friend;
LotR: The Two Towers dvds, Hilary Duff cd, clothes, and most importantly a dvd player from my parents;
A weekend holiday from my boyfriends parents, and lots of chocolate;
Last but not least, from Ebay I got the MSCL Dvd set! and I got the bonus disc too (good old Ebay). They came a few days after christmas, but I'm still counting them as christmas presents... from...me...

Nik
Liberty High Student

Post by Nik » Jan 8th 2004, 12:58 am

Ahhh, I too know the satisfied feeling of looking up from a computer game and going, "Hey what time is it? For that matter what day is it?"
It's Sunday--right--right--?!! Haven't been to work in a week--oh!!--I've only been playing this games for a couple of hours---right?? It's 12-25-2003 I'm sure of it:lol:
Nik

“Well, I guess it depends on how-- badly you need wallpaper”
“I would say pretty badly”