AU Bonus Materials Discussion (**OFFICIAL THREAD**)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Dec 22nd 2003, 8:56 pm

I can't believe it. :shock:

I got my bonus materials. Wow. I am off to watch the bonus disk now.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Pedro
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Pedro » Dec 23rd 2003, 10:54 am

I got an email from AU 3 weeks ago saying my bonus materials were being ahipped out and still nothing.....I understand it will take a little longer because of international shipping, but surely it doesn't take THAT long!

I won't be content with this until I get them.
:roll:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 23rd 2003, 1:58 pm

Well, I just got a call from my grandmother that a package arrived today from Another Universe (i had it sent there since I am never home). She opened it up for me and it was the lunchbox, DVD and certificate. Of course they didn't listen to my special directions of putting my check for $115 still owed from the 3rd overcharge in the box.

I just can't believe I got this much from them. :shock:

AFAIK I never recieved an email with a tracking number, though I haven't checked that account in a few days.

Dave Reed
Jody Barsh

Post by Dave Reed » Dec 23rd 2003, 3:07 pm

fnordboy wrote:AFAIK I never recieved an email with a tracking number, though I haven't checked that account in a few days.
I never received any notification, either. I don't know why they would e-mail some and not others. But, heck, why be consistent at this stage? :)

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 23rd 2003, 3:27 pm

Dave Reed wrote:I never received any notification, either. I don't know why they would e-mail some and not others. But, heck, why be consistent at this stage? :)
:lol: So true... atleast they are consistent in their inconsistency :P

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Dec 23rd 2003, 4:56 pm

fnordboy wrote:
Dave Reed wrote:I never received any notification, either. I don't know why they would e-mail some and not others. But, heck, why be consistent at this stage? :)
:lol: So true... atleast they are consistent in their inconsistency :P
I never got an e-mail, either.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

sirhansirhan
Account Suspended

Post by sirhansirhan » Dec 24th 2003, 4:55 pm

I woke up at 2:30 PM today after having gone to bed at 12:00 AM last night (how'd I sleep so long?), I have to leave at 4:00 PM, and wrap presents and whatnot beforehand. Upon waking up, I discovered that I had a box from Another Universe in today's mail. So, I had to add "change my underwear" to my list of things to do.

I live in Missouri, ordered the set around October of 2002, changed my address around September of 2003, and did not think that I was one of the original 2500, but got a certificate. I am sorry for all of you who ordered it before me and still haven't gotten it. But wheeeee, I got mine. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Now I wish I didn't have anything to do today so I could watch the bonus crap right now.

Oh well.

neppie
Nicky Driscoll

Wow - surprise - mine arrived

Post by neppie » Dec 27th 2003, 2:45 am

No e-mail advance notice or anything, so was shocked that the lunbox and bonus DVD arrived today. :-P Woo hoo!

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 27th 2003, 4:54 am

Looks like a bunch of people are getting their bonus items all at once. Maybe Ross got into the christmas spirit :lol: :roll:

Hopefully everyone will get theirs and we can close this ugly chapter. At this point I highly doubt any of us will see our overcharge money though :( I guess we can still hope though...

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Dec 27th 2003, 5:24 am

fnordboy wrote:Hopefully everyone will get theirs and we can close this ugly chapter. At this point I highly doubt any of us will see our overcharge money though :(
I wouldn't ever consider it closed until everyone who's owed anything (discs, money, t-shirts?) gets it from him. Oh, and then Ross gets thrown into that Oz prison. Hehe, then I'd say the chapter could be closed. ;)
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Dec 28th 2003, 6:05 pm

So at least some in UK and Canada has recieved their bonus discs. I still haven't heard anything about mine. I'm in Sweden. I get more and more impatient whenever I hear people are recieving it. What about me? :D

And the subject of copying the material and sending it out to fans is NOT in my taste since I strongly believe I've overpaid for this whole thing.
I would really like to get a refund of half what I've paid, even when recieving the bonus material. It has not been worth all this, especially since amazon and other places sold it off for half the price (and this is because I don't think the bonus material is at all what I was expecting, but it's better than nothing I guess, if I ever recieve it).

And at last I'd like to wish everyone a happy xmas and a happy new year! :P

sirhansirhan
Account Suspended

Post by sirhansirhan » Dec 28th 2003, 6:12 pm

You know, since the whole bonus material debacle is over (for me, at least), I am amazed how many people on this site seem to be placated by finally getting the damn thing. I don't think that any amount of complaining or feeling sorry for ourselves will get us anywhere or any more stuff, but really, that bonus disc is embarrassingly bad and cheap. Why should I (we) act like we're happy just because we got it? I'm happy that I got something, but the final product is almost as insulting as never having gotten anything at all. The only reason why I'm happy that I got it at this point is because I don't have to worry about it anymore, and can delete all those space-wasting AU emails that have been clogging up my box for over a year.

Hardware
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Hardware » Jan 1st 2004, 12:26 pm

I live in the UK - I haven't received my lunchbox & disc from AU yet - I've mailed them several times but not had a reply. Gonna be pretty pi55ed off if I don't get them - I ordered within a couple of days of the original announcement so there's no way I wasn't in the first 2,500.

Jim
Overlooked Sibling

Re: boooo

Post by Jim » Jan 3rd 2004, 3:25 pm

Jim wrote:I'll go out on a limb here and predict that (1) AU is mailing these a few at a time, and (2) foreign orders will be mailed last, no matter when the order was placed. If I get mine before the end of the year, I'll be very surprised.

Jim
I posted the above on November 5th, and guess what: there's still no sign of my bonus items.

Sometimes, it's no fun at all being proved right. :(

Jim
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

angelgirl
Nicky Driscoll

Post by angelgirl » Jan 5th 2004, 2:55 pm

i still haven't gotten my bonus stuff, i know i'm not the only one, but it's kind of annoying. i was in the first bunch of preorders too. i wonder if there is any sort of system, cause i am wondering why i wasn't one of the first ones to get it. it didn't take so long for me to get the episode dvds. anyone have some insight? meanwhile i'll just sit here and wait......... :(