DVD Set Problems and Questions

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
rossi27530
Frozen Embryo

DVD Set Problems and Questions

Post by rossi27530 » Jun 4th 2002, 6:41 pm

On April 8th, 2002 I was chargerd $115 by thecomicstore.com

When I send my confimation # to JA5ONROBOT, I get this reply:
Please contact postmaster@anotheruniverse.com to request a confirmation email (include your order number)1 - MY SO CALLED LIFE DVD SET 1- 19 (PREORDER)79.98

When I submit my e-mail that I ordered it with, I get this reply:
Sorry, that order number was not found. Please email jasonr@mscl.com

When I try to contact postmaster@anotheruniverse.com to request a confirmation email, with my Confirmation # and from the e-mail address I ordered from, I don't get back a reply. I've sent 3 e-mails.

I'm just wondering, am I getting charged $115 or $79.98? And I getting the lunchbox or not. Am I getting episodes 1-19 or 4-19? Will I even receive anything since confirmation didn't seem to go through e-mail?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thx everyone.

-Rossi

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

also having problems

Post by Colene » Jun 5th 2002, 2:29 am

Jason, I've emailed you quite a few times now and haven't received any response from you. I've been trying to find out when I am getting the refund of my deposit, but haven't gotten a straight answer. Please, please, get back to me as I am very anxious to have this resolved. Thanks.

Re: DVD Set Problems and Questions

Post by Guest » Jun 5th 2002, 5:50 am

I've had exactly the same problems as Rossi. After taking $115 from my account, I've heard nothing at all from Another Universe. I have sent them 8 emails without getting a single reply.

just-likeKrakow
Overlooked Sibling

Post by just-likeKrakow » Jun 5th 2002, 8:07 am

I too was charged $115 and i wasn't sure why...It does say on Another Universe that that is the cost but then this website and with my confirmation letter they don't refer to that price at all. They refer to the lower price. I dont know if this is correct or not and i don't know if i am receiveing the lunchbox (which, really doesn't concern me a whole bunch) i just want to know if i AM getting the entire box set and if i was charged the correct amount...i don't know.

"There´s something about my life. It´s just automatically true that nothing actually happens."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jun 5th 2002, 8:34 am

For orders not fount on the Bot, the bot does provide instructions to email me. So, I anxiously await your email.

To clarify a few things. The $99 price was only for the first month of pre-orders. It ended sometime in March. The $89 (episode 4-19 set) was also only available in March. This was simply done as a courtesy to those who already owned disc one. The offer was temporary and will not be repeated.

Therefore, the only price I know about is the $115 retail price. I understand that a form letter went out. IMHO, the wording could have been much clearer.

Jason

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: also having problems

Post by Jason R » Jun 5th 2002, 8:40 am

First, you know that it is simply untrue to say that I have not responded. I have emailed you repeatedly. In the past few days I have *not* responded because I am trying to working things through with AU.com.

Let me just say that I have told AU.com that I think the entire amount should be refunded. The cancellation of the 30 lunch box sets in your order, to me, poses a great opportunity for fans on the wait list. I know that Mike at AU felt that his offer of reducing the order size was fair, but I have been going to the CEO to override this. This is an unusual order due to the size.

If questioned publicly, I will answer publicly. If there are other things to discuss, please email me at jasonr@mscl.com. But as you can see, I am familiar with your order, I am involved in providing a resolution, and this order is outside the norm due to the quantity.

Thanks,
Jason

danguyf
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: also having problems

Post by danguyf » Jun 5th 2002, 8:43 am

Those of you asking why I said that, for those on the waitlist, a new hope dawns? This is why:

The cancellation of the 30 lunch box sets in your order, to me, poses a great opportunity for fans on the wait list.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jun 5th 2002, 8:48 am

you should have received an auto-generated email. if you are using a service such as hotmail, make sure your junk filter is turned off. it's going to mean you will receive lots of other junk, but those filters have a knack for killing these auto emails. Also, snail mails went out, and are still going out. I am hoping to update the bot for all orders on which a snail mail was already sent. When? I need the data from AU, but I could theoretically get this done very quickly.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jun 5th 2002, 8:50 am

I see what you are doing wrong. The bot is telling you to email me at jasonr@mscl.com, but i am not getting CCed on your orders.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jun 5th 2002, 8:54 am

I should also add that the last time the bot data was updated was several weeks before your order was placed. I just left it up because whenever I pull the bot down, I get at least 30 emails telling me it is broken. It is still serving a purpose, though, because the first 2800 orders are there.

30 sets?

Post by Guest » Jun 5th 2002, 10:58 am

30 sets eh? And I bet those were exclusively for yourself, your friends and family and the idea of cashing in on ebay never entered your head. Twat.

Re: 30 sets?

Post by Guest » Jun 5th 2002, 11:37 am

30 sets??!!!!!!! Colene you disappoint me. You have been posting here for some time now and I thought you were a 'real' lifer. Do you know how many Lifers missed out on the special package 'cause you did this? ( 29 in case you were wondering) Shame on you. Greed is not a virtue.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jun 5th 2002, 12:00 pm

Before people get critical of people buying multiple sets, I'll just add that everyone helped to get this done, including those who ordered multiple sets. If you remember, we had to make a 1000 pre-order minimum to move forward. I see things from a different angle, but I think that orders like that helped get past the minimum.

I don't think that anyone should be disparaged. I regret posting some replies publicly, but I sometimes have no choice if only one side of a story is given. I admit that I have my side, and as they say "somewhere in between lies the truth." That's not an intentional thing. That's a perspective thing.

I should add that a lot of people, at first, thought that we were full of baloney about the set coming out. Anyone who pre-ordered could have gotten it for the special price, so it is not like 30 sets were gone, just 30 more were made. In the case of this order, I am trying to get everything resolved today. It will be a good thing for those on the waitlist, so I am happy for that.

Post by Guest » Jun 5th 2002, 12:18 pm

Well I guess if there aren't enough people on the waiting list to claim those 30 sets and they end up rotting on AU's shelf it would have been a good thing for fans to order multiple sets. But does anyone believe there aren't 30 people on the waiting list for the original packaging? The way I see it Colene is directly responsible for the first 30 (disappointed) fans on the waiting list who didn't make the preorder list. If I was one of them I wouldn't be too happy with Colene about now. Lucky for them her underhanded scheme fell apart and it looks like they will now get what they deserve and have waited for. However if Colene hadn't cancelled I am sure she would have been good-hearted enough to sell each and every one of them a set for around $500 a pop on E-bay. How kind!!!!!

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

before jumping to conclusions

Post by Colene » Jun 5th 2002, 2:07 pm

Before you all go attacking me, I'd like the opportunity to defend myself. But first, thank you Jason for responding to me on here. I had emailed you in the a few times in the past week, and hadn't received a response. I was worried about the status of my account as I had gotten no word regarding when I would get my refund. I didn't mean to imply that you had never responded to me.

As for everyone else, I did want to buy the 30 sets. All 30 were not for me (as that would be ridiculous) but for friends of mine and relatives. They <u>are</u> die hard fans and wanted to buy the set but they a) didn't have the money right now or b)were worried about getting ripped off or c)not familiar with buying things online and skeptical. I wasn't worried about that seeing as how AU is a business and can't just go around taking people's money and getting away with it. So I went ahead and put up my own money for them. At the time, I had the money to do this for them and I was excited about the dvd set coming out. Believe that if you will or not.

As for why I am requesting a refund, there has been a very personal death in my family and I desperately need the money that I put up as the deposit. It is very important that I get that large sum of money as I need it to make certain arrangements. I won't go into anymore details but that is why there is an air of worry and anxiousness regarding my order.

I just wanted to say that, so you all would not jump to anymore conclusions and think that I am some sort of evil person. In reality, it is a sad, personal matter and not some sort of "underhanded scheme".