Angela's appearence

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.

Angela's appearence

Post by Guest » Dec 2nd 2003, 3:38 pm

Do you think Angela is ugly or were that was her self-confidence issues?(The Zit )

Re: Angela's appearence

Post by Guest » Dec 2nd 2003, 3:39 pm

Anonymous wrote:Do you think Angela is ugly or were that was her self-confidence issues?(The Zit )
sorry,my keyboard sucks,but you know what I'm asking so...

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 2nd 2003, 7:28 pm

Personally I never found Angela ugly, a little goofy in her appearance sometimes (mainly her at times questionable fashion sense :lol: ). I think almost everyone goes through a point where they think they are hideous (for some it stays with them their whole life). It was definitely her self confidence issues...also known as being a teenager.

guitarchick
Overlooked Sibling

Post by guitarchick » Dec 2nd 2003, 8:00 pm

Agreed. I think Angela's really pretty actually but yeah she's got some fashion issues... :wink:

Emilie

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Dec 2nd 2003, 8:11 pm

She was pretty enough for me to have a crush on in high school. If she was in my HS than i'd say she would have been desirable, but not a stand out, basically how she is protrayed on the show.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Loz_179
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Loz_179 » Dec 3rd 2003, 12:16 am

For me, the fact that Angela dresses down and isn't made to look stereotypically "good looking" is what makes the show so much more real. She's beautiful to the viewer because we can hear the amazing things she thinks. And hey, even the hottest guy in school wants her, once he gets to know her.

And besides, it was 1995. I was 15 then too and also dressed kinda frumpy. I thought I was so cool with my flannel shirts...

lithiumkat
Three Rivers Resident

Post by lithiumkat » Dec 11th 2003, 10:53 pm

i would kill to look like angela...shes beautiful. but i can relate to the way she feels, people tell me i'm pretty but i think i'm ugly x.x
"people always say how you should be yourself, like yourself is this definite thing...like a toaster or something, like you can know what it is even."

Sophia CH4
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Sophia CH4 » Jan 10th 2004, 3:41 pm

that kind of beauty lasts a lifetime
So understand
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand,
And realise you're living in the golden years.

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jan 10th 2004, 6:22 pm

I've probably this somewhere else in the forum, but Angela would have really turned my head in high school. She's pretty, without being too pretty. As a somewhat insecure young man, I wouldn't be too afraid of her to try to be her friend. It's amazing how Claire Danes can change her looks so much. She can look high-end sexy or girl-next-doorish from one project to the next. I really think she captured something while playing Angela.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

chaseface888
Tino

Re: Angela's Appearance

Post by chaseface888 » Jan 17th 2004, 5:57 pm

Actually, I agree with the previous comment and I too feel like Angela. People tell me I'm pretty, but I don't feel like it, and I don't feel like I get any extra guy-attention from it. But I think Claire Danes (as Angela and in general) is beautiful in the unconventional way that people who are truely beautiful are. As Angela she was not the pretty high school preppy type, that was supposed to be Sharon, and she's not the skanky guy-catcher, that was Rayanne.
Ethel the Pirate's Daughter

Post by Guest » Jan 17th 2004, 6:27 pm

chaseface888 wrote:Actually, I agree with the previous comment and I too feel like Angela. People tell me I'm pretty, but I don't feel like it, and I don't feel like I get any extra guy-attention from it. But I think Claire Danes (as Angela and in general) is beautiful in the unconventional way that people who are truely beautiful are. As Angela she was not the pretty high school preppy type, that was supposed to be Sharon, and she's not the skanky guy-catcher, that was Rayanne.
Nicely put.And I think that in school you only get extra guy attention if you're slut like, Mrs.Graff for example :P

chaseface888
Tino

Post by chaseface888 » Jan 17th 2004, 9:26 pm

Yeah, being in high school myself and being able to observe it, its the sharons and rayannes who get guys. The abercrombie, stick straight hair thing (which I think is a modernization of the Sharon type) seems to catch a lot of guys attention too
Ethel the Pirate's Daughter

Chivas

I agree

Post by Chivas » Feb 13th 2004, 9:38 pm

Angela is not ugly, though at times I think she looks better than others (like in the Halloween episode, I think she looks great).
Throughout the show I notice that Angela seems way mature for her age, she represents the type of girl older guys would date, not typical high schoolers. Her beauty lies within which in high school is not appreciated. In high school it is the sluts or the high maitnence that get the attention from the guys.

Overall her beauty lies in her eyes and her deep internal thoughts... :wink:

msclrules
Liberty High Student

Re: angela's appearance

Post by msclrules » Feb 18th 2004, 7:43 pm

i think she's very pretty, but can sometimes be out of style, from what i saw from the commercials on the N. i never saw the show b4, but from the clips, when she was in the car with jordan, i could see that terrible outfit she was wearing that made her look like a boy.

if this show is so popular and lots of ppl liked it, why was it cancelled?
~msclrules~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: angela's appearance

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 18th 2004, 7:50 pm

msclrules wrote:if this show is so popular and lots of ppl liked it, why was it cancelled?
There are a couple of theories why in this thread.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?