ordering any DVDs as holiday gifts?

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

ordering any DVDs as holiday gifts?

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 30th 2003, 2:27 am

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com already has pretty low prices and free shipping, but now through December 5th you can get an additional 20% off if you enter DVDSALE in the promotion code box when you check out. I usually order some movies for my parents and sisters then have them shipped to my parents' house so that I have THAT much more room in my suitcase, but now I have motivation to do it early!

:mrgreen:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 30th 2003, 4:26 pm

How has your service been with them? I have heard some mixed things as of late. I always heard good things before, but lately I have heard of some problems.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 30th 2003, 8:23 pm

I have been ordering from them on and off for about a year, and I haven't had any problems with them. Like amazon, if you pre-order you can often have new releases get to your house before they are in stores. My last order was in September and I have nothing negative to say about it - what I wanted was in stock and it arrived when it was supposed to.

My sister had one "problem" with them earlier this year, but it was actually her own fault and the order was already in the processing queue when she contacted them so they couldn't change anything (which is the same problem I have had with amazon before).

What specific problems are you hearing about?

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 30th 2003, 9:50 pm

The one time I tried ordering from them, it was a preorder, and it was supposed to ship the day the dvd was supposed to be released. They they pushed the date back over a week (I guess because of stocking issues).

Most sites I buy from, if they don't make their shipment date, they're willing to either refund all the shipping, or offer some sort of compensation. DDD didn't offer me anything, even after complaining to them and telling them I'd cancel my order. So I ended up canceling my order, and never shopping with them again (which I told them).
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 1st 2003, 12:51 am

that is what i have heard the most, delaying in shipping. Sometimes even weeks.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 1st 2003, 2:18 am

I use DDD for sending movies as gifts, so I rarely preorder anything with them (I would rather go to Cost Co and Tuesday and take my precious home with me on the release date). The one time that I preordered, I placed an order for my sister's birthday and warned her that she wouldn't get it until a few days after her birthday because it was being released on her birthday. She ended up receiving it the day before her birthday.

Depending on how long I have procrastinated, sometimes I use the free shipping and other times I use the $4.95 shipping but I haven't had anything arrive late. Wait, I bet I just jinxed myself!

:wink: