Server Outage Report

Comments/questions about the site or the forum? Post them here. Additionally you'll find here important announcements and news releases from MSCL.com.
mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Server Outage Report

Post by mglenn » Nov 22nd 2003, 2:52 pm

We're Back!!!!

Sorry about that lifers, my cable modem seems to be acting strange. Its has a router, firewall and DHCP server in it. And as long as I use the gateway everything works fine. But the webserver has to pass thru to the internet so that all you guys and girls can get to it. Well for some reason thats beyond me that feature just quit working. So I had to go dig out my old cable modem and hook it up for the server. Seems everything is working now.
Last edited by mglenn on Feb 16th 2004, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Nov 23rd 2003, 12:33 am

mglenn,

Sorry to hear about the mystery glitch (honestly, I didn't do it, but I'm sure fnordboy had to be behind it... :D).

Thanks for working through it and getting the site up and running again.

:go:

Gary

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 24th 2003, 3:55 am

GaryEA wrote:Sorry to hear about the mystery glitch (honestly, I didn't do it, but I'm sure fnordboy had to be behind it...
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I will never tell :wink:

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Nov 24th 2003, 4:36 am

good job getting things back online. I guess we'll have to keep a closer eye on fnordboy from now on. [the ideal emoticon for here would be a smiley face behind a newspaper with eye holes cut out but I've not yet found one]

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 24th 2003, 10:06 am

GaryEA wrote:mglenn,

Sorry to hear about the mystery glitch (honestly, I didn't do it, but I'm sure fnordboy had to be behind it... :D).

Thanks for working through it and getting the site up and running again.

:go:

Gary
He hee. I am just glad that the website is up and running again.

:D

-LanceMan

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jan 9th 2004, 7:07 pm

In case you were wondering why the site was unreachable in the past few hours - someone in the Netherlands (*.a2000.nl) was causing a denial of service by trying to flood our site with hundreds of requests, probably trying to mirror the content of MSCL.com. Normally, that's no problem, but trying to mirror the entire content of our forum is insane. However, the IP in question is now banned from accessing our site and mscl.com should be running as usual.

P.S.: "Thanks" to Inktomisearch for leeching more than 800 MB in just 5 days from our server ;-)