2004 Christmas Wish List

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
starbug
Lifehead

2004 Christmas Wish List

Post by starbug » Nov 10th 2003, 5:58 am

Well, it's a good way into November now, so I think I feel safe in starting this thread...

what do you want for Christmas?

I would like:

DVDs:
Red Dwarf Series 3 and 4
Alien Quadrilogy set
LOTR The Two Towers special extended 4-disc set
The Office Season 2

(I may never move from my sofa again!)

Books:
The Da Vinci Code
Dude, Where's my Country? (I should have bought this already but I can't bring myself to spend £17 on a hardback)
Fury (Salman Rushdie)

Other Misc. Stuff:
A new jewellery box
A laptop (well, we can dream...)

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

xmas

Post by lance » Nov 10th 2003, 11:16 am

Great Thread:

Here is my wish list:

Printer
War of the Rings PC Computer game
Buffy the Vampire: Fifth Season on DVD

LanceMan

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 10th 2003, 8:44 pm

- A road atlas
- Steve Martin's new book
- Several cds (too many to hope or ask for)
- Several dvds (again too many to hope or ask for)
- My (relatively) new boyfriend to come to the last Packer game of the season with me in Green Bay, WI.

That last one is the one I'm really concerned with getting! I'm too comsumed with thinking about what I'm giving to others for Christmas to think of a real gift list for myself. I'm going to draw portraits for my grandparents - of their wedding days. I'm giving my parents a painting I did in class this semester. I'm burning compilation cds for my cousins.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 10th 2003, 9:48 pm

I see you're all novices at the wish list. :wink: (That or you've already bought yourself everything you'd like. :P )

DVDs
Lord of the Rings - Two Towers (Platinum Series Special Extended Edition) Naqoyqatsi
Disney's Lion King (Special Platinum Edition)
Six Feet Under - The Complete First Season
The Storyteller Collection
The Work of Director Spike Jonze
Finding Nemo
Boogie Nights - New Line Platinum Series
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Perfect Collection
Homicide Life on the Street - Seasons 1 & 2
Band of Brothers
The Work of Director Michel Gondry
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Criterion Collection
Sports Night - The Complete Series Boxed Set
The Animatrix
Willow
Anima Mundi
Muppets Take Manhattan
Great Muppet Caper
Muppet Movie
Muppet Christmas Carol
Very Merry Muppet Christmas
The Work of Director Chris Cunningham

CDs
Volume 1: Sound Magic ~ Afro Celt Sound System
Elton John - Greatest Hits 1970-2002 ~ Elton John
10,000 Hz Legend ~ Air
Middle of Nowhere ~ Orbital
The Virgin Suicides: Original Motion Picture Score ~ Air

Games
The Simpson's: Hit and Run
Game Boy Advance SP - Platinum by Nintendo
Delta Force V: Black Hawk Down by NovaLogic
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Gold Edition by Red Storm Entertainment
I.G.I. 2 Covert Strike by Codemasters
Anachronox by Eidos Interactive

Comics
Midnight Nation by J. Michael Straczynski, Gary Frank (Illustrator)
Monkey Food: The Complete "I Was Seven in '75" Collection by Ellen
Forney
Jinx: The Definitive Collection by Brian Michael Bendis, et al
FLCL, Vol. 1 & 2

Books
Spectrum 1
Spectrum 10
Super Flat Times: Stories by Matthew Derby
Diary: A Novel by Chuck Palahniuk
Fugitives and Refugees : A Walk in Portland, Oregon by Chuck Palahniuk

If anyone feels festive and giving, I'll send you the link to my Amazon.com wishlist. :P
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 11th 2003, 1:36 am

andrew, some good stuff on your list :D I have the "work of the directors" DVDs and they are pretty good. Definitely worth the little money they each cost.

Hmm my wishlist:

DVDs:

I don't know what I would want that I won't buy myself before then, some of the one's I want are -
Alien Quadrilogy
Sick: The Life and Times of Bob Flanagan Super-Masochist
Someday's Dreamer vol1 + box
Last Exile vol 1 + box + figure
Futurama Season 4 (R2)
Lilja 4 Ever (R2)
Ring: Virus
X-Files S2 - S8
Buffy S5
Forever Knight S1
L'Age d'or (don't think this will be released by then though :( )

Books:

The Complete Far Side: 1980-1994
Sandman vol3 - vol10
England's Hidden Reverse: Coil-Current 93-Nurse With Wound
Dialogues With Marcel Duchamp
Man Ray: Photography and Its Double
Nobuyoshi Araki: Shino
Ghost World
Disciple & Master by Joel-Peter Witkin
Tokyo Novelle by Nobuyoshi Araki
Richard Kern: Model Release
Divine Invasions: A Life of Philip K. Dick
What If Our World Is Their Heaven? The Final Conversations of Philip K. Dick
The Bone House by Joel-Peter Witkin

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 11th 2003, 3:21 am

Alien Quadrilogy- I have mixed feelings about this. I'd love to see the new cuts, but they're not "Directors Cuts" just another version the studio wanted to put out, with the available footage. Plus I have the dvd set of the first 3 anyways... :?

Forever Knight S1- I think my mom might like this...she liked the show. Thanks for reminding me that its out, I'll have to keep it in mind.

The Complete Far Side: 1980-1994- Have you seen this thing yet?? Borders had two copies, and one was open to look through. The thing must weigh 50 lbs!!
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 11th 2003, 4:08 am

andrewgd wrote:Alien Quadrilogy- I have mixed feelings about this. I'd love to see the new cuts, but they're not "Directors Cuts" just another version the studio wanted to put out, with the available footage. Plus I have the dvd set of the first 3 anyways... :?

Forever Knight S1- I think my mom might like this...she liked the show. Thanks for reminding me that its out, I'll have to keep it in mind.

The Complete Far Side: 1980-1994- Have you seen this thing yet?? Borders had two copies, and one was open to look through. The thing must weigh 50 lbs!!
I, surprisingly, have no Alien (1-4) in my DVD collection at all. Don't know why but I just always put it off, so I am interested in picking this up.

The Far Side books are beautiful, but yes huge lol. They have them at Costco for like 75 bucks though if you are interested. Eventually I will pick the set up.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Nov 11th 2003, 5:26 am

Well, this list has proved its worth already - its reminded me of a few things I'd forgotten!
six feet under definitely needs to be purchased...
Fnordboy wrote:Lilja 4 Ever (R2)
Yeah, I saw this... talk about getting into the christmas spirit :? I started crying after about 20 mins and didn't stop. I was still crying when I arrived home and after another like, 15 mins. I'm glad I saw it, but I'm not going to watch it again - too much pain.

I forgot, though, I'd quite like City of God on DVD.

Alien Quadrilogy - I have the first 3 films (personally I don't give a monkey's about Resurrection) on VHS. They are battered and worn, and don't have any extras so I will be picking this up for myself if nobody gets it for me.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 11th 2003, 6:34 am

starbug wrote:
Fnordboy wrote:Lilja 4 Ever (R2)
Yeah, I saw this... talk about getting into the christmas spirit :? I started crying after about 20 mins and didn't stop. I was still crying when I arrived home and after another like, 15 mins. I'm glad I saw it, but I'm not going to watch it again - too much pain.
Ah, the new movie by Lukas Moodysson. It's scheduled to start here in Germany sometime this month or in December (it took a while to find a distributor). I've seen "f***ing Åmål" (damn, I knew that swearing filter would bite my ass sometime ;-)) a few years ago (and own it on DVD) and it's an amazing movie, so I'm looking forward for some new work from Lukas Moodysson.

Regarding my wishlist, well, I don't have one yet :). I'll probably buy the "Indiana Jones boxset", X-Men 2, Lord of the Rings SEE, T3 and "Firefly" sets all when they come out during the next weeks - so there's nothing left for Christmas :-). Okay, maybe some Buffy and Babylon 5 box sets...

But one of my wishes is also to have finally more time to get the "new" MSCL.com online early next year.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

xmas

Post by lance » Nov 11th 2003, 11:53 am

Okay,

I will have to add to my list (Darn you Starbug, see what you have started :wink: )

My favorite basketball team in the known universe (Houston Rockets) have new uniforms and a new logo. So I will add one Houston Rockets baseball cap with new logo to the pile.

Andrewgd, how right you are about people buying their own Xmas gifts. My brother just picked up Stargate SG-1 Season 4 on DVD. I will have to get him something else.

-LanceMan

starbug
Lifehead

Re: xmas

Post by starbug » Nov 11th 2003, 12:39 pm

lance wrote:
Andrewgd, how right you are about people buying their own Xmas gifts. My brother just picked up Stargate SG-1 Season 4 on DVD. I will have to get him something else.

-LanceMan
Isn't that the most annoying thing in the world? I had that happen twice last year with presents I got for people. I mean, people should be banned from shopping for themselves in the 2 months before christmas. :)

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Nov 12th 2003, 7:18 am

I just want one thing:

Sensi perfume. It's beautiful. I sniffed a sample and I'm hooked.

Oh. I lied; there are two things I want. The second is a string of chili pepper lights. They are so great and will hang in my future kitchen one day, next to my bubblegum pink SMEG fridge. xx
Mom. Streamers?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: xmas

Post by lance » Nov 12th 2003, 2:20 pm

starbug wrote:
lance wrote:

-LanceMan
Isn't that the most annoying thing in the world? I had that happen twice last year with presents I got for people. I mean, people should be banned from shopping for themselves in the 2 months before christmas. :)
Yeah!

I hate when that happens. Oh, wait I have already bought myself several items of late...

:oops:

uh, never mind, carry on.

-LanceMan

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Nov 14th 2003, 5:48 am

to be happy... and for everyone i know to be happy
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 15th 2003, 7:48 pm

andrewgd wrote:I see you're all novices at the wish list. :wink: (That or you've already bought yourself everything you'd like. :-P )
Definitely #2 for me! Especially with DVDs, I tend to just buy them the week that they are released. Luckily, my family knows this so I haven't had the "oh no, I already have that" experience on Christmas morning. They know I just can't wait!
Kristin wrote: Steve Martin's new book
A friend of mine sent The Pleasure of My Company to me last month, and I liked it even more than Shopgirl!

FYI - info from the 10/14/03 NY Daily News:
The publisher Hyperion is making up for a couple of boo-boos that appear in the first edition of the book which exceeded 300,000 copies.

Hyperion is allowing stores and consumers to replace their books with copies from a second printing that corrected errors found on Pages 65 and 96 in "magic squares" - boxed names of characters who figure in the plot.

Meanwhile, Hyperion has sent stores errata slips to include in the flawed copies.

The customer service number is (800) 759-0190.
(there is another error in the numeric magic square on page 45 - the number at r3c4 should be 21, not 12)
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?