AU Bonus Materials Discussion (**OFFICIAL THREAD**)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 6th 2003, 7:08 pm

Finally, an East Coaster has received the disc and lunch box! Hopefully mine won't be to far behind since I am right across the Hudson. Let's hope that everyone who has still not received one gets it soon so this can be done with.

Thanks for the post Norler.

richard
Liberty High Student

Re: reply from AnotherUniverse

Post by richard » Nov 6th 2003, 7:25 pm

trustella wrote:I just received the following email from AnotherUniverse customer support:
We are working around the clock shipping out the Bonus DVD and Lunchbox. We have researched your order and should be shipping it shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Leslie A. Balko
I recieved the same email exactly (word for word) after sending an email to ross@comicshop...

anon
Frozen Embryo

Post by anon » Nov 7th 2003, 7:26 pm

My bonus disc doesnt even work! It must be from a different pressing cause there is no sound and only plays on my pc. Even when it does play the speed on the interview seems to shift around. What a train wreck but i honestly forgot about ordering this, it was what 2 years ago?

bizarropaul
Frozen Embryo

Post by bizarropaul » Nov 11th 2003, 12:23 am

Could someone please help me track down how I can get some relief? I live in southern California and I still haven't received my bonus materials. I've e-mailed Another Universe to let them know I moved since they first shipped me the DVDs a millenium ago, but they have not responded at all. What can I do? Anyone else have this problem? If so, have you figured out a solution?

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by vapspwi » Nov 11th 2003, 10:46 am

bizarropaul wrote:Could someone please help me track down how I can get some relief? I live in southern California and I still haven't received my bonus materials. I've e-mailed Another Universe to let them know I moved since they first shipped me the DVDs a millenium ago, but they have not responded at all. What can I do? Anyone else have this problem? If so, have you figured out a solution?
You and [nearly] everybody else that ordered the things. Just have a run through the various threads here and you'll see just how bad things are. Since you're in Southern California, I suppose you could actually drive up to Another Universe and pick the thing up in person.

JRjr

kappster
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kappster » Nov 11th 2003, 11:32 pm

vapspwi wrote:
bizarropaul wrote:Could someone please help me track down how I can get some relief? I live in southern California and I still haven't received my bonus materials. I've e-mailed Another Universe to let them know I moved since they first shipped me the DVDs a millenium ago, but they have not responded at all. What can I do? Anyone else have this problem? If so, have you figured out a solution?
You and [nearly] everybody else that ordered the things. Just have a run through the various threads here and you'll see just how bad things are. Since you're in Southern California, I suppose you could actually drive up to Another Universe and pick the thing up in person.

JRjr
And while you are there, could you pick mine up too? I will pay you for postage :wink:

bizarropaul
Frozen Embryo

Post by bizarropaul » Nov 13th 2003, 2:51 am

i would go and pick them up if i knew where the darned office was in sacramento. if someone has the address i'll think about it.

brainysmurf
Liberty High Student

Post by brainysmurf » Nov 13th 2003, 2:16 pm

bizarropaul wrote:i would go and pick them up if i knew where the darned office was in sacramento. if someone has the address i'll think about it.
Would we be allowed to post it here, or would the mods delete it?

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 13th 2003, 3:18 pm

brainysmurf wrote:
bizarropaul wrote:i would go and pick them up if i knew where the darned office was in sacramento. if someone has the address i'll think about it.
Would we be allowed to post it here, or would the mods delete it?
No problem if it's a (published) business address.

BTW: The AU phone number is published on the AU website: (916) 451-5741 --- but who knows how long this number will last...

The site also links to a special "About Us / Contact Us" page, but it only gives me an error: http://www.anotheruniverse.com/aboutus.aspx

trustella
Nicky Driscoll

Just Got Lunchbox & DVD - In San Francisco Bay Area

Post by trustella » Nov 13th 2003, 10:27 pm

I placed my order with AU on 2/11/2002, and over 21 months later, I received my lunchbox and bonus DVD. My lunchbox has a small defect below Bess Armstrong's right elbow, but I'm just glad to finally get some resolution. I had complained to the NE California BBB and written directly to ross@comicshop.net so I don't know if any of these things helped at all. I haven't had a chance to view the DVD yet, but the cover art and text is a little grainy.

I too got the "certificate of authenticity" for the first 2,500 orders, but what's to stop them from just putting them in all of the lunchboxes? Only a handful of people have responded saying they received their stuff. Has anyone gotten a non-"first 2,500 orders" lunchbox?

---stella

sid_barrett
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by sid_barrett » Nov 14th 2003, 10:10 pm

i was one of the first 2500, and didnt have any problems with my order but still no extras. i havent been on the boards in months because i thought the bosus disc was a lost cause. seen somone selling it on Ebay, figured id take a look at what was going on. if anyone who lives in ohio recieved there stuff, post it up. hope everyone gets there stuff soon.
"...and I said ' oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, what a feeling'"

DaytonBuzz
Frozen Embryo

Post by DaytonBuzz » Nov 15th 2003, 9:16 pm

I received the following e-mail from Another Universe on Nov 14, 03:
This update is to inform you that your MSCL lunchbox and bonus disk is being sent out in the current batch of shipping. Your tracking #...

Please be advised, planned USPS pick up of current batch is Monday, Nov. 17, 2003
I live on the east coast.
- Terry

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 16th 2003, 12:03 am

Deleted.

Yippee
Frozen Embryo

Got it

Post by Yippee » Nov 17th 2003, 3:01 am

I received my bonus DVD (works fine), my lunchbox (it's in good shape) and my certificate last week -- I live in Birmingham, AL.

It only took 2 years, but I ended up getting it all for free (after getting my CC company to refund the entire charge).

Wade

Artaraxl
Frozen Embryo

Arrived in NJ. It's pathetic, but...

Post by Artaraxl » Nov 18th 2003, 1:14 am

I was pretty shocked, but received the "bonus disk" today.
The interview is *almost* worth the extra cost -- quite interesting.
The "tour" is a joke.
Both are completely unedited and amateurish. A beginner with a miniDV cam made this disc. Both were shot in May, 2002, apparently. And that's all folks.

It's really puzzling to me why this was finally released after all this time. I had written it off long ago. So, just for the amusement of receiving it after a year and a half, I'm grateful. Almost as funny as the time my bike was stolen and then turned up 3 weeks later at the same place it had been swiped with a new lock! What are the odds?

Registered just for this post. Good luck to all those waiting. Don't worry, you're not missing much. The interview is the only thing worthwhile about the set and I'm sure it will turn up on the Internet somewhere.

Ciao.

http://www.TheInstrumentMovie.com