The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

Discuss your favorite books, stories and other literary matters here. Recommend reading material to other forum users. What's on your bookshelf?
Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Nov 4th 2003, 7:10 pm

This stinks! I missed the special, I checked at 7, 8, and 9 pm and didn't find it so I gave up and went to my hockey game. I am very intrigued by the idea of Jesus being married and having a continued lineage. Damn football for causing me to miss this. Part of the reason this interests me so is that I often wonder how Jesus's original message differs from the current accepted one. Given two centuries of human nature and the tempation and usage of its power, I have to believe there have been some changes. Personally, I am not totally conviced of Jesus's divinity, though I do not question the goodness of his message. I'm sure they'll be more books and articles to come on this old, but newly popularized topic, I'm just dissapointed I missed this one.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 5th 2003, 3:08 am

Really, if you read the book you didn't really miss much. They didn't go very deep into any of the ideas mainly just scratched the surface. They did talk to one of Jesus' alleged great-great-great-great-whatever X-times removed though :lol:

Personally I find Jesus no more divine than any other religious leader. I find it very hard to believe any of the stories of him based mainly on the fact that his story mirrors almost every other religion's messiah story. Nothing new there. It is amazing the similarities between Christ and many well known religious figures.

The Gospel of Debbie

Post by Guest » Apr 5th 2004, 12:51 am

I just read The DaVinci code, and found this article that I found kind of funny.
(Hope it doesn't offend anyone, it's just supposed to be entertaining).

http://www.newyorker.com/shouts/content ... 5sh_shouts