AU Bonus Materials Discussion (**OFFICIAL THREAD**)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: It was me

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 27th 2003, 6:28 pm

brainysmurf wrote:Why can't people distribute the bonus disc?
GaryEA wrote:Hi guys and gals,

I recognize that the news of the bonus disc is very exciting (an understatement, to be sure), and it's great to see some light at the end of the tunnel. It's also tempting, especially to the many people who did not order their set from AU (like myself) or cancelled their AU order, to ask to get copies of the disc or exchange ideas as to how they can get one.

From now on, please try to refrain from such discussion on the boards as MSCL.com does not endorse it. We'd love for everyone to get to see what AU slapped, er, put together (:wink:), but in the long run, we're discussing what people in expensive business suits call an "illegal act".

Thanks! :D

Gary
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

trustella
Nicky Driscoll

Post by trustella » Oct 27th 2003, 8:35 pm

candygirl wrote:The text of the most recent AU email is available on the first page of this thread. Do you need the headers too?
Yes, I need the email with the headers. My credit card company doesn't put much weight on internet forum postings. Could that be posted here as well? Or could someone forward it to me?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: It was me

Post by Jason R » Oct 27th 2003, 8:44 pm

Hey Brainy, Go you! That's awesome. Don't know why it's worth $177 to someone, but hey. At this point I'm happy when anyone comes out of this made whole.
brainysmurf wrote:I saw someone found my little eBay auction. I was the one that initially drove up to AU to get my original set, in case anyone remembers. Anyhow, I am no longer mad at all at Ross Rojek. My bonus disc sold for $177.00, and needless to say I'm quite pleased.

That said, and I have a feeling this might get deleted. Why can't people distribute the bonus disc like they did the "unofficial soundtrack", wasn't it candygirl helping out...blanks and postage or something like that? How would this be any different?

Heh, now that I sold mine I too am looking for a copy. =)

blueone
Overlooked Sibling

Post by blueone » Oct 31st 2003, 6:05 pm

Oh this is taking a looong time.. I'm waiting and waiting.. Come on AU.. :(

kappster
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kappster » Nov 1st 2003, 1:12 am

blueone wrote:Oh this is taking a looong time.. I'm waiting and waiting.. Come on AU.. :(
I know how you feel...no packages showing up here in Nebraska either. I didn't cancel my order, I didn't have to fight for a refund, I haven't moved, and still no package for me. There really haven't been that many people on this forum that have stated that they have received them...I would have thought more people would have popped on to say that they got theirs too. Doesn't look promising.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 1st 2003, 2:16 am

kappster wrote:I know how you feel...no packages showing up here in Nebraska either. I didn't cancel my order, I didn't have to fight for a refund, I haven't moved, and still no package for me. There really haven't been that many people on this forum that have stated that they have received them...I would have thought more people would have popped on to say that they got theirs too. Doesn't look promising.
I too would have thought more would have posted on here if they did in fact receive their bonus disc & lunchbox, but a lot of the people that frequented here when the s**t hit the fan haven't been on here (atleast actively) in awhile. They may have received their items and haven't posted. Also there were plenty of people not on this site who might have received it.

I will agree that things are not looking that promising, but I am hopeful that we all will eventually get our stuff. Sooner rather than later.

kappster
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kappster » Nov 2nd 2003, 1:04 am

[quote="fnordboyI too would have thought more would have posted on here if they did in fact receive their bonus disc & lunchbox, but a lot of the people that frequented here when the s**t hit the fan haven't been on here (atleast actively) in awhile. They may have received their items and haven't posted. Also there were plenty of people not on this site who might have received it. quote]

I don't know....I think that if more people were receiving their lunchboxes, they would be so damn shocked that they would search out this site again and post. I realize that not nearly as many people are on this site as at the height of MSCLgate, but i would think that getting the lunchbox a year or more after ordering would bring them back for a post.

blueone
Overlooked Sibling

Post by blueone » Nov 2nd 2003, 10:00 am

Maybe it's the same as with the refunds. Maybe they can't afford to mail the lunchboxes all out at once.

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by vapspwi » Nov 3rd 2003, 2:45 pm

blueone wrote:Maybe it's the same as with the refunds. Maybe they can't afford to mail the lunchboxes all out at once.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm in Atlanta, one of the first people to order the set, and I still haven't received my bonus materials. When the set itself shipped, you could kind of track the pattern of distribution across the states by people posting as it arrived. While the same thing appeared to be happening with the bonus materials initially, I haven't really seen any posts from people far from California saying that they got their stuff.

JRjr

TessD1891
Overlooked Sibling

Post by TessD1891 » Nov 4th 2003, 4:26 pm

New York here, checking in. Still waiting for the lunchbox. I originally signed the petition as a college freshman - I am now a senior. I'm graduating half a year early, and still kinda hoping to get the lunchbox before I leave for good mid-December. I'm sure I'll have to rely on the campus post office mail-forwarding it after I'm gone.

-Tess
Brian, we're not talking about wallpaper here, are we.

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

boooo

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Nov 5th 2003, 3:41 pm

i still havent received my lunchbox/extras either :( im in ontario canada and placed my order very early back in the day.

Bond1217
Frozen Embryo

I also still have not gotten them

Post by Bond1217 » Nov 5th 2003, 5:04 pm

This is my first post, but I been here since the beginning reading all of it. I havent gotten an Email from Another Universe because my email address changed. But since thats the only thing that changed, I dont see why I will have a problem. I think I received a letter via regular mail a few months back, but I could be mistaken. Anyway, I just wanted to join the forum so when I do get it I can let you all know. Im in Staten Island, NYC.

Jim
Overlooked Sibling

Re: boooo

Post by Jim » Nov 5th 2003, 5:15 pm

crimsonglowgurl wrote:i still havent received my lunchbox/extras either :( im in ontario canada and placed my order very early back in the day.
Hey, I'm in Ontario too and I don't have my bonus stuff either, so you're not alone.

I'll go out on a limb here and predict that (1) AU is mailing these a few at a time, and (2) foreign orders will be mailed last, no matter when the order was placed. If I get mine before the end of the year, I'll be very surprised.

Jim
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

trustella
Nicky Driscoll

reply from AnotherUniverse

Post by trustella » Nov 6th 2003, 2:27 pm

I just received the following email from AnotherUniverse customer support:
We are working around the clock shipping out the Bonus DVD and Lunchbox. We have researched your order and should be shipping it shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Leslie A. Balko
The email was sent just to me and included my order number in the subject line. I don't know if this is a reply to my numerous emails to mscldvd@anotheruniverse.com, or if this is in response to my Better Business Bureau complaint that I registered just a week before receiving this unexpected response. Has anyone else gotten an email from AU recently?

----stella

I'm in Northern California, not 2 hours away from AU offices, and I still haven't received my DVD and lunchbox. I will post here if I do receive something.

norler
Frozen Embryo

Got my lunchbox today

Post by norler » Nov 6th 2003, 3:25 pm

hey everyone,

Well, i placed my order in early February of 2002, and today the lunchbox and bonus disc finally arrived. I was never double-charged, so I didn't get super-pissed---it's just been a way-too-long wait. I did file one of those IFCC complaint forms. Hopefully pressure from all of those helped this matter finally have some resolution.

I was disappointed that the certificate of authenticity simply stated that this was one of the first 2,500 ordered---i would've liked a specific number. I would be curious to know where i stood in line (though with the amount of people that got refunds, who knows where I would've ended up.)

I hope the rest of you don't have to wait too much longer.

later, eric