Interesting radio show about Ahnold and his campaign/history

Political Discussion: You've been warned! Please remember we are all friends here. Insults will not be tolerated!
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Interesting radio show about Ahnold and his campaign/history

Post by fnordboy » Nov 1st 2003, 2:27 am

I was listening to WFMU on my way home from work on Thursday and they were playing Dave Emory's For the Record program. He was doing a show entitled Triumph of the Shill about Schwarzenegger's campaign and his questionable allies and past. It was very interesting and I recommend you all to check it out. You can find it here: http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/DX

Just go to the October 30, 2003: FTR #429: Triumph of the Shill "listen" link. The show is about an hour long, but worth it. In the show he references an old Sports Illustrated article, more specifically an image in the article, and that can be found here: http://www.spitfirelist.com/arnold.jpg Of course, it is referring to Arnold's "adoration" of Hitler, which I still take with a grain of salt.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 1st 2003, 4:52 am

You question if he did have an "adoration" of Hitler, or if he's lying about not having one?

Actually, to me, what I've heard him say makes sense. That he admired the ability to rally his people, and his speaking ability. I think one can separate the monster that he was, with his political ability. But I guess not if your a public figure.

I might listen to this later, and comment...I should probably sleep now :wink:
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 1st 2003, 2:20 pm

andrewgd wrote:You question if he did have an "adoration" of Hitler, or if he's lying about not having one?
When I posted I was questioning the extent of his adoration. I really don't think it is to the extent that a lot of the media makes it.

I actually agree with what he said about hitler in the alleged book proposal that was leaked right before the election. It was amazing for someone so small and insignificant to become as big and powerful as he became.* I can also understand the media frenzy over those statements.

What I find more interesting is the stuff that was not brought up so much in the media after that. Arnold has some questionable associations that seem to me more incriminating than what he has said in the past. I haven't fully looked into them so I can say that what Dave Emory refers to is in actuallity (whole) truth.

*Disclaimer: Of course, I do not agree in the slightest with hitler's viewpoints :wink: