Angela's hair..thoughts

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Angela's hair..thoughts

Post by north_Star98 » Nov 1st 2003, 12:05 am

So...I've noticed that Angela NEVER has her hair up throughout the whole series except...at that little clip while the credits are rolling during "The Zit" episode. I think that's the only time at least.

What are your thoughts about her hair never being up? Do you think her hair is a mask sheilding her from the outside (part of her innocence) since it often times falls in front of her face, causing her to move it out of the way in order to see beyond herself (to try to break away from her innocence in a way and move into the real world).

First her hair is down the entire episode...shadowing her perception of self confidence and beauty. At the end of the episode...she has her hair partly up...signifying her realization that she, too, could possibly be beautiful. And...During that clip at the end of the episode when she has her hair up (exposing her entire face) for that moment...her unconscious acceptance that she is beautiful and confident.

What are your thoughts?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 1st 2003, 12:47 am

FYI - there was a previous discussion about this in hair as a metaphor.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?