did you see?

Get updates and talk about new (or "pre-LIFE") projects of former "My So-Called Life" cast and crew members in this forum.
emmie
Liberty High Graduate

did you see?

Post by emmie » Nov 6th 2001, 11:59 pm

I was flipping channels during a commercial break tonight when I stopped on Three Sisters. they were back in time a few years. A.J. Langer was talking to one of her sisters in her room. on the wall above her bed was a MSCL poster, the famous pic of Angela leaning against the lockers!! I was laughing so hard. how classic is that?! I just love inside jokes. did anyone else see it? was there a verbal reference to the show or poster? or was it just the poster on the wall, I didn't get to see the entire scene. anyway, I just had to share that!

emmie

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Re: did you see?

Post by K-man » Nov 8th 2001, 3:58 pm

emmie,
Unfortunately I did not see that episode of 3 sisters. I do try to watch that show, just for A.J. if nothing else. I am glad you made this post though as
I wanted to ask if anyone has noticed some of the old MSCL characters on TV lately. I was channel surfing about a month ago and I happened to stop on Frasier (which I don't watch) and I noticed that Graham...err...Tom Irwin had a small part as Frasier's father's police partner. I don't know if this is a reccuring role for him or not. Last night I was watching Ed (which I do try to watch every week) and Ed's brother (the doctor) was examining Uncle Neil...err...Danton Stone for a broken arm or something. It was a small part. Both the Chase brothers look good. Graham looks the same, save for gaining a few pounds. and Uncle Neil looks the same with a gray goatee beard. I just wondered if anyone else saw them. K-man

k-man

oldguy
Substitute Teacher

Post by oldguy » Nov 17th 2001, 4:13 am

Emmie --- Wow! I saw that too! And for me, truly I just happened to be flipping channels. I didn't even know what show that was. But I just happened to be flipping channels and saw two women talking on a bed, and in the background was this MSCL poster (very large-sized). I was struck for several seconds and then I moved on. I made a mental note of it but I thought it was one of those "no one would ever believe" bits of trivia. I am truly impressed that I am not the only one at this site that caught that!

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Nov 19th 2001, 1:43 am

Oh man, I have to catch this in re-runs. i did, on occassion, watch that show during the first season, even though it isn't funny. I just wanted to see AJ Langer finally be on a show that lasts more than a season. this would be her 5th.

as for MSCLers on TV: I havent seen anyone pop up in a while. devon odessa made a very rare appearance on once and again or whatever the show with sela ward is called, but i missed it. devon gummersall was on it too, along with a lot of other guest appearances, but i havent seen them myself.

"Close your eyes, you can find all you need in your mind if you Take the Time" - Dream Theater

Alee
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Alee » Nov 21st 2001, 12:58 am

i wish i had seen that! i didn't hear about once and again...

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 7th 2001, 3:47 am

I watched Three Sisters last season just for A.J. but I haven't seen it at all this season. Even though I am not a nielsen family, I feel like I am supporting MSCL by watching A.J.'s shows (even It's Like You Know). The first time that I saw Mr. Katimski on Nash Bridges, I started yelling and pointing at the tv. Needless to say, everyone else thought I had lost my mind. Some time ago I also saw a commercial with Hallie Lowenthal. I think it was for coffee.

Related story: A few years ago, I got tickets to see the Rent tour open at the La Jolla Playhouse. I was flipping through the program before the show started because I love reading the bios. The only person I knew for sure who was in the national tour cast was Neil Patrick Harris because the media was making a big deal about Doogie Howser singing and dancing. Anyway, my eye fell on a picture of a familiar face and then it was like a reenactment of Girls Just Want to Have Fun (when Helen Hunt's character is in the DanceTV lobby with Sarah Jessica Parker). I grabbed my boyfriend's arm and said, "Omigawd, it's Ricky!" I had NO idea that Wilson Cruz was part of the cast. I started squealing and pointing at the program and generally embarassing my boyfriend with my antics, but I was so excited to see him. He was so awesome! I tried to get tickets to go again, but they were already sold out so I had to settle for buying the Broadway soundtrack and pretending it was Ricky singing. He is a true triple threat - singing, dancing, and acting up a storm.

Post by Guest » Jan 2nd 2002, 8:02 pm

A while ago I was watching The Wonder Years reruns, and I saw "Rayanne" and "Sharon." It was strange seeing them together before MSCl. It was the episode where they went to a planetarium to watch and eclypse or something.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Jan 5th 2002, 2:04 am

Yeah, I've seen that episode too!! it was really strange seeing them together but in another setting. plus they were so young!! it's funny when you watch re-runs of old shows and see stars before they were famous.

emmie

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » May 20th 2002, 3:57 pm

Has anyone else seen the commercials with Hallie Lowenthal? I think she is in one for some gunk you use to clean your toilets(Lime-Away or something). At the end she is like standing in a kitchen looking out a window and a bunch of Jamaican dudes in flowered shirts are standing in the back yard singing. The other is for SBC. There is a short scene of her staring blankly into a monitor while Tommy Lee Jones does a V/O. Ohhhh man is she scary looking. I can't prove these sightings but I am pretty sure is was her. Anybody else see these?

So my feeling is, whatever happens, happens. K-man

Jack
Yearbook Team

Post by Jack » May 21st 2002, 1:40 am

Could you elaborate on "scary looking"?

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » May 21st 2002, 2:27 pm

Jack,
Well; maybe scary looking wasn't the appropriate term to use here. I always thought Hallie was 'scary' looking but that description was probably a combination of looks and her ultra-annoying personality. I couldn't/can't stand Hallie. This is actually just a testament to the actresses excellent job of playing a character. {note to all...these are just my personal opinions}

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » May 21st 2002, 10:43 pm

A week or 2 ago, there was some blooper special on NBC, and one of the bloopers was from Three Sisters. Well, it must've been from that exact scene because you could see the poster in the background. So now I've seen it.

- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com/

Cat22
Frozen Embryo

Post by Cat22 » May 28th 2002, 11:44 am

Yeah - Mr Katimski was in an episode of Frasier recently (well recently in the UK) too, as an overbearing father. This lot do get around, don't they?

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » May 28th 2002, 3:41 pm

Katimski was also frequently on that show with Don Johnson and Cheech Marin. (Nash Bridges was it?) I am not too sure if he was a regular or not. I am also not sure if that show is even on anymore. It used to air on CBS on Fri. nights. What little I saw; he was a cop I think and was always wearing a beret. Cat22....welcome to the board!

worldsapart
Between Names

Post by worldsapart » May 28th 2002, 6:44 pm

Yeah, he's a regular.

Tracey

I mock you with my monkey pants