Posting Ranks

Comments/questions about the site or the forum? Post them here. Additionally you'll find here important announcements and news releases from MSCL.com.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Oct 23rd 2003, 1:52 pm

candygirl wrote:The pants are a must - don't want anyone peeking up my skirt!

:wink:

Congrats Lance!!
He hee, thanks Candygirl.

LanceMan

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 23rd 2003, 7:26 pm

are there any immortals?
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 23rd 2003, 7:33 pm

No, the forum is only a few years old and we didn't even have this format until last year. The posting ranks are not intended to encourage people to post random nonsense just to up their post count until they become Immortal - they're just a fun little thing to amuse our members.
Last edited by Natasha (candygirl) on Oct 23rd 2003, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Post by Guest » Oct 23rd 2003, 7:34 pm

ooh... do you ever think there will be an immortal...

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 23rd 2003, 7:51 pm

Honestly, I hope that if anyone DOES become Immortal, it will be years from now. I have seen other forums where people post the most RIDICULOUS things just to increase their post counts (posting ten times in a row just to count backwards from 10 to 1, replying with only smiley faces/lol, posting pointless responses to other people's questions like "I don't know," posting one word per post to create a sentence going all the way down the thread, the list goes on and on), and I like that when people post here, it's because they have something to say. Yes, we do show each member's post counts (some forums don't) and yes, we offer our public congratulations (again, some forums don't allow those kinds of posts) when people hit a momentuous number, but more importantly, posting 500 or 1000 or however many times here means that someone has been here for months or sometimes years sharing opinions about the show, telling us what is going on in real life, and being part of the MSCL.com community. Some members have been around since the site came into existence back in 1999 and don't have very high post counts, but that doesn't mean they aren't great forum members. I love that members like that are still here and have seen the changes the site has gone through. Aaliyah said that age is just a number, and I believe the same is true of posting!

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 23rd 2003, 8:36 pm

candygirl wrote:replying with only smiley faces/lol
Good point!

Best,

Andy Man

(hehe :P just ribbin' you!)
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 23rd 2003, 8:41 pm

LOL!

:shock:

:wink:

:twisted:

:roll:

:D

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 23rd 2003, 8:48 pm

I concur :D

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Oct 23rd 2003, 11:04 pm

I for one have liked slowly increasing my number of posts. Sometimes I actually have something about the show that i'm eager to discuss and other times I'm a little bored so I figure hey why not (any guesses as to which sort of post this is?). I think that the post rankings are fun, i'm now enjoying being a 'Liberty High Student' but my favorite so far was 'overlooked sibling'. I like to be surprised when suddenly my ranking changes to something new. A couple of times while scanning the forums I've gasped and quickly scrolled down passed when I've realized that I was looking at a list of the rankings and how many posts it takes to reach each one. But if anyone wanted to make me "Immortal" based on the intense joy and excitement that my posts bring to each and every one of you, I wouldn't mind.
:admire:

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 24th 2003, 5:22 am

candygirl wrote: Aaliyah said that age is just a number, and I believe the same is true of posting!
I know what you mean... I use to be on an MB for almost 4 years and when I started out I started posting alot that gave me a post count of like 300 my first week... umm but over time I started not to post as much because it just got to addicting... I mean I still go to the MB but I know so many people on that MB and sometimes there are as many as 100 new posts everyday so it is like you want to read all of them but it kind of gets in the way... just because someone does not post all the time does not mean that they are not a good MB member... but at the other MB i have a post count of over 5000 and there they celebrate every 100 posts you get because they look at it as you are apart of there group and they want you to know that they know you are there... but also I think that a post count does not even matter because as long as you have something to add to the thread that makes peple want to add more that makes it important... does that make scence?
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Oct 24th 2003, 12:27 pm

andrewgd wrote:
candygirl wrote:replying with only smiley faces/lol
Good point!

Best,

Andy Man

(hehe :P just ribbin' you!)
He hee or how about just LOL!

LanceMan

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Dec 30th 2003, 1:02 am

47 -- Number of MSCL.com forum members to reach 100 posts.

255 -- Number of members to contribute at least 10 posts.

Keep on typing!

:turn-l:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jan 27th 2004, 4:57 pm

Yay! :multi: I hit 300, my own mini milestone. :P
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Dave Reed
Jody Barsh

Post by Dave Reed » Jan 27th 2004, 5:17 pm

From #239 to possibly about #227 with this post.

Maybe the Moderators can give awards to people when they pass certain posting landmarks. Maybe it can be some sort of special small image for whatever the occasion is. There can be the usual number landmarks (250, 500, 1000, etc.). You can also have other ones as well, such as "Person who Passed Up Ross" landmark. :-)
"Where it's not just a way of life but a toxic adventure & 60's-style love-in"

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 27th 2004, 6:00 pm

Well, we already have posting ranks that change when you have a particular number of posts. Is that what you mean?