"a sophomore"?

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Oct 23rd 2003, 8:12 pm

For me, I had Pre-School, Kindergarten, Grade school (which was grades 1-8, no middle school; I don't know anyone personally who attended anything called "middle school"), 4 grades of high school (freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior; very rarely referred to as grades 9, 10, 11 or 12 around these parts) and 4 years of college; again freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior. All in all, 18 years of hell.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 23rd 2003, 8:13 pm

Oh, come on - kindergarten wasn't that bad! Coloring and blocks and naps and snacks :D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Oct 23rd 2003, 8:24 pm

candygirl wrote:Oh, come on - kindergarten wasn't that bad! Coloring and blocks and naps and snacks :D
I guess so. I did learn how to tie my shoes in Kindergarten. And a good thing I did, because I wouldn't want to have gone through grade school and high school as the only student who still didn't know how to tie his own shoes.
- Jim

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 23rd 2003, 8:28 pm

Because then you'd be that kid with Velcro shoes waaaaay after Velcro shoes were cool. Good to know you learned something useful in kindergarten. It's not just all fingerpainting and eating paste!

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Oct 24th 2003, 12:08 am

candygirl wrote:Because then you'd be that kid with Velcro shoes waaaaay after Velcro shoes were cool.
If Velcro shoes aren't cool, then this whole world has gone mad. :shock:
- Jim

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Oct 24th 2003, 9:33 am

Speaking of tieing shoes, I just couldn't learn how to tie my shoes using one loop. I could only get the hang of using two loops, aka using bunny ears to tie shoes. My friends looked at me as if I was insane. "Why do you tie your shoes like that?" Kids tease each other about the smallest things. I eventually learned how to tie shoes using one loop.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 24th 2003, 9:47 am

I find it really annoying when you have to get ready and you have to do every small thing just to walk out the damn door!!! thats why I have slip on sneakers and i pre tied my boots so I just have slip them on... Im so lazy... :oops: BTW i think to be teased because you cant tie your shoes is just ridiculous!!!
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Oct 24th 2003, 1:42 pm

TomSpeed wrote:Speaking of tieing shoes, I just couldn't learn how to tie my shoes using one loop. I could only get the hang of using two loops, aka using bunny ears to tie shoes. My friends looked at me as if I was insane. "Why do you tie your shoes like that?" Kids tease each other about the smallest things. I eventually learned how to tie shoes using one loop.
I was exactly the same way, I eventually figured out how to do it with one loop but my routine was already set so I still use the 'bunny ears' :oops:
The kids made fun of me too, that's when i realized how easy it is to push someone over when they are crouched down tying their shoes :twisted:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 24th 2003, 1:49 pm

I used bunny ears for the longest time too - I just could not figure out how to wind one end around one loop to do the other tying method.

Grim - :lol: