Newbies!

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 20th 2003, 10:59 am

Welcome to the boards Hunee! We are all pretty big TV watchers here so you should fit in just fine :lol:

(BTW, the nickelodeon shows was called "Fifteen" ;) )

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 20th 2003, 11:09 am

fnordboy... thanks for the welcome!!! ooh yeah!!! fifteen... but its been like 10 years... my mind is like so strung out... really... :oops:
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Oct 22nd 2003, 9:57 am

Hunee wrote:fnordboy... thanks for the welcome!!! ooh yeah!!! fifteen... but its been like 10 years... my mind is like so strung out... really... :oops:
Hunee,

Welcome to the forum.

LanceMan

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 22nd 2003, 10:01 am

THANKS LANCE :wink:
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 22nd 2003, 11:07 pm

Holy cow! Hunee is totally owning the mscl forums! He he he, Its quite amusing to look at the Show forum and see a row of about 30 Last Post: Hunee. Welcome welcome. :wink:
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Oct 22nd 2003, 11:25 pm

andrewgd wrote:Holy cow! Hunee is totally owning the mscl forums! He he he, Its quite amusing to look at the Show forum and see a row of about 30 Last Post: Hunee. Welcome welcome. :wink:
It's a good thing you found this site Hunee. All these thoughts about mscl being pent up could not have been good your health
Welcome Hunee! I'm glad you are enjoying the forum so much.
:mrgreen:

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 23rd 2003, 12:03 am

grim4746 yeah you dont know how long I have been longing to speak my piece about mscl!!! thanks for the welcome :wink:

andrewgd thanks for the welcome... I really am posting not only because I find it interesting to speak about what I know but also there are names under the user names that tell you what you are and I just want to know the different names... I think I am a resident now... I wonder how many more to be Angela... or a true fan... :D :D :D

Loz_179
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Loz_179 » Oct 29th 2003, 8:18 pm

Hi. I've been visiting this site since sometime in 1999, but only joined a few weeks ago. Been a big fan of mscl since it was first shown here in oz in '97. I am a major Brian supported, Jordan is seriously overrated IMHO.
My other fave shows are Buffy, Friends, ER (but not so much with no Anthony Edwards) and I'm just starting to get into Angel, since there's no more Buffy.
Top 3 Claire Danes movies:
1. Romeo & Juliet
2. Brokedown Palace
3. To Gillian on her 37th Birthday

Anywho, just thought I'd introduce myself. This site makes every day at my boring job so much more interesting!

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 30th 2003, 12:19 am

WELCOME TO THE BOARD LOZ_179!!! I think out of all of claire danes movies to gillian is my favorite... Also scince edwards left er it has not really been the same... when they have the letter that he wrote and it is up on the board it is really sad... his departure was one of the greatest written departures i have ever seen... truely beautiful... extremely moving... Well anyway have fun :P

Loz_179
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Loz_179 » Oct 30th 2003, 6:46 pm

Thanks Hunee!
I loved how he effectively died in 2 episodes, once with his family in hawaii and once with the hospital staff in Chicago, none of this dying only once for Dr Green. Now that's good TV!

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 1st 2003, 7:41 am

[spoiler discussion moved to its own topic here]

Dave Reed
Jody Barsh

Post by Dave Reed » Jan 3rd 2004, 2:39 am

I guess I'll take a little time and introduce myself here. My name is Dave, and I live in the lovely Northern California realm called Sacramento.

I watched My So-Called Life when it first aired back in 1994, when I was a Junior in high school. I remember being rather ticked that it was cancelled and wrote to ABC about it. I still have that form card they sent me in response to my letter. My sadness of its demise was quickly subdued by watching the then-very-new show on Fox called X-Files. :-)

I don't really watch much TV, actually. I tried Felicity, thinking it'd be a good college-level show similar to MSCL, but it never grabbed me. I did make it through 7 or 8 seasons of X-Files, all of Millennium, and all of Six Feet Under so far.

Nowadays, I just catch some sports (baseball, football, basketball) and take a peek at re-runs of M*A*S*H and The Twilight Zone.

Music tastes varies from metal, punk, and hard rock to classical, Scottish pipes and drums, and "oldies."
"Where it's not just a way of life but a toxic adventure & 60's-style love-in"

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jan 3rd 2004, 3:43 am

grim4746 wrote:My head was always in the clouds and between the lines.
Beautiful. Like William Carlos Williams you seem to have found the poetry in daily life.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jan 3rd 2004, 3:51 am

Hello. I happened upon MSCL.com as did, I do not doubt, many others – the DVDs. I did not post during that nightmare, but I did find solace in reading other’s posts. I eventually wandered into the “Show” forum, and much later found myself reading some of the others. I posted as a guest for a while (same name) and finally registered. I did not intend to formally introduce myself, but after I posted on the Christmas thread (The Wonder Years pulled me in) I felt it was time to say hello.

I watched MSCL when it first aired; I too was a fifteen-year-old high school student. I have loved it ever since.

In regards to the suggested questions:
Your goals and aspirations: PHD in English literature, improve my handwriting, to be on time (the last seems to be pretty much a hopeless cause)
Your greatest accomplishment in life thus far: my senior thesis on Black American literature as history, and my Masters on the literacy of reading literature.
Your shoe size: 7.5 (Women’s USA)
Favorite fruit: Harry and David pears
Most guilty pleasure: I’m not sure I have one, guilty, that is. My So-Called Life?
Best childhood sugary Saturday morning cereal: all we had was original cherios and oatmeal. It was the dining commons that introduced sugary breakfasts.
Favorite cartoon character: Trent from Daria. Also Jane and Daria.
What you consider to be the ultimate disco song: Disco?

Voluntary info:
Nobody writes better love songs than The Cure.
After graduating, twice, and entering the working world, I am going through college withdrawl. (Perhaps that is why I am spending time here, I need something to write analytically about :wink: No, I love this site and really enjoy hearing other's readings of the show and the correlations everyone makes between the show and their own lives!)
I do not like having roommates.
Something that has always bothered me about MSCL is the absence of sweatshirts.
Mr. Darcy being the most desirably-engrossing male character I have encountered, (by this I mean one that lingers with you; one that makes you hold the book tighter in hopes of extracting everything possible; one simultaneously devilish and endearing,…) I recognize elements of him in Jordan Catalano. A villain in many ways, yes, but also so redeemable, intriguing, and enigmatic.
I chose Jody Barsch as my username because I love the unkown history behind her – I love that the series never explored her story, that it is left as an ellipses in the characters’ lives. So much of it, as in the show and in life, seems to depend on the vantage point you look at it from.

That really turned out to be much longer than I had intended. Anyway, hello!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

KelseyRM87
Tino

Hi Everyone!

Post by KelseyRM87 » Jan 16th 2004, 11:58 pm

Hey,
My name is Kelsey(obviously). I'm sixteen and I live in a small town in Indiana. I play volleyball and run track. I work at a movie theater and love to watch movies and tv.
I've always loved teenager tv shows. Even when I was a kid, my favortie show was 90210. I liked Saved By the Bell and Wonder Years. Now, I love The O.C., but none of those shows are near as good as MSCL.
I first saw My So-Called life on ABC when I was still pretty young. My mom and I used to always watch it. I watched it on MTV, too, and I recorded some of the episodes that I liked. My favorite episode was Self-Esteem(which I always used the call the boiler room episode) Anyway, my dad gave me a simon mall giftcard that can be used as a visa so I bought myself the MSCL dvd set. I watced them everyday after school and I finished them in like a week. It was like I feel in love with the show all over again.
I'd love to talk to anyone who likes the show sometime. My aol sn is Sunkist0787.

Peace