Jared Leto in Panic Room

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.
somamoons
Overlooked Sibling

Jared Leto in Panic Room

Post by somamoons » Mar 3rd 2002, 7:10 pm

I noticed Jared Leto is in the credits for that new Jodie Foster movie "Panic Room." Anyone know what his role is? Is the movie out and if so - was he any good?

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Re: Jared Leto in Panic Room

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Mar 4th 2002, 1:31 am

This movie will be in theaters March 29, and Jared plays Junior in the flick. You can find out more at the official site, <A HREF="http://www.spe.sony.com/movies/panicroo ... icroom/</A> .

"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Mar 5th 2002, 3:20 am

The ads for this movie have started running on TV. The one I saw last night did show a glimpse or two of Jared, but you have to be watching for him because it doesn't even look like him. As for the film itself, it does look pretty freaky.

Brooklyn
Tino

Post by Brooklyn » Mar 7th 2002, 12:39 am

I must say Jared Leto looks pretty hot with corn rows in "Panic Room" previews. Its worth seeing the movie just for him.

somamoons
Overlooked Sibling

Post by somamoons » Mar 8th 2002, 5:17 am

Ahhh...so THAT's why I saw some pictures of him with corn rows. Thanks for the info! :)

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Colene » Mar 30th 2002, 6:16 pm

Just saw Panic Room last night! Very freaky movie! I loved the camera work (you'll understand when you see it).

He was great in the movie (cept his corn rows were icky!) I just couldn't help but think "Jordan Catalano" every time he talked ;)

Jack
Yearbook Team

Post by Jack » Mar 30th 2002, 11:49 pm

I just saw Panic Room tonight as well. It was pretty good, as far as formulaic Hollywood movies go. I will say though, I thought the performances all the way around were top notch, especially Jared's. I thought he was the most interesting bad guy and he added great comic relief. On several occasions, the audience broke out in laughter following his well delivered lines. And though the camera work is typical Fincher (and we've seen it all before), it was atmospheric and kept you watching. The plotting and climax was familiar, over the top, Hollywood-type stuff, but it was fun. Hell, I only went to see it because Jared was in it, and as far as I'm concerned, that alone was worth it.

Jack

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Colene » Mar 31st 2002, 5:12 pm

I thought Jodie Foster was great in it :) She was my reason for going...that and seeing Jared's corn rows. hee

Lacy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Lacy » Mar 31st 2002, 7:39 pm

Two thumbs up for Panic Room and My So-Called Life alumnus Jared Leto. I don't care what anyone says, he looks hot with corn rows.
The movie was pretty intense, but worth seeing. I will admit I only went to see Jared and his corn rows, but it ended up being a great movie regardless. And our friend Jordan Catalano does deliver a few classic comedic lines.

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » May 22nd 2002, 4:05 am

Resurrecting for Joanna who recently saw this movie and wanted to discuss it with all of you. BTW, this thread was on Page 3 and not started by me so that might have been why you couldn't find it, girl.

Post by Guest » May 22nd 2002, 6:39 pm

Jared is good, but the material is weak. His reaction to the gas explosion was totally Tyler Durden but I guess he just did what he was told. It wasn't the only time Fight Club was referenced so I don't blame him for the overlap.

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » May 25th 2002, 1:43 pm

Good movie!

Jared has a main part in the film (won't give too much away) - looks and acts scary - no sign of good ol' Jordan in there that's for sure! Not keen on the hair - but the eyes give it away every now and then......that's one mad character he plays.....still didn't look 'tough' enough in my opinion though......just looked like a nutter! Good acting for the lack of material his character was given to work with. Lets hope we see more of Jared in the future.

"And dance by the light of the moon!"