Server Offline Report - 10/18/03

Comments/questions about the site or the forum? Post them here. Additionally you'll find here important announcements and news releases from MSCL.com.
mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Server Offline Report - 10/18/03

Post by mglenn » Oct 18th 2003, 7:50 pm

Hey fellow lifers,

Sorry about the outage, I was pulling out some really hidious 70's style shag carpet from my living room. In the process the power got pulled to the server.

Note to Sab: I had to run myisamchk on the phpbb tables to get the forums running again, so you may want to look over things and make sure I didn't hose things up to bad.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Oct 21st 2003, 3:50 pm

Not a problem,

It wasn't by chance orange shag carpet you were pulling up?

LanceMan

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 21st 2003, 3:55 pm

I'm guessing it was brown :wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 21st 2003, 4:34 pm

candygirl wrote:I'm guessing it was brown :wink:
It was orange at one point though ;)

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Oct 22nd 2003, 5:42 am

Ugh. I'm going for chintzy old-people style with patterns.

:D

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Oct 22nd 2003, 9:18 am

Actually you are both right. It was Orange, Brown and Yellow in some big camo type pattern. Along with the hideous color patterns (capable of causing epileptic fits) it also sported a well-worn traffic pattern where the previous owners had walked around a couch against the wall. I did attempt to get in contact with Mr. Rivera about the possibility of locating Jimmy Hoffa, but my calls were not returned and so I had to proceed with out and document the endeavor with my digital camera.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Oct 22nd 2003, 9:37 am

mglenn wrote:Actually you are both right. It was Orange, Brown and Yellow in some big camo type pattern. Along with the hideous color patterns (capable of causing epileptic fits) it also sported a well-worn traffic pattern where the previous owners had walked around a couch against the wall. I did attempt to get in contact with Mr. Rivera about the possibility of locating Jimmy Hoffa, but my calls were not returned and so I had to proceed with out and document the endeavor with my digital camera.
LOL! :D At my mother's house there is still hideous orange shag carpet left over from the 70s. One day, this carpet will be replaced.

LanceMan

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 22nd 2003, 1:30 pm

Our old basement had a hideous green berber - ugh! I suppose it was better than naked cement (unless you're going for bomb shelter chic) but I always thought it was ugly. So many levels of ugly from the 70s still live on!

:lol:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?