GOOFS ON THE SHOW....

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Hunee
Between Names

GOOFS ON THE SHOW....

Post by Hunee » Oct 20th 2003, 6:58 am

ok i was wondering if anyone else notices the goofs in the show....

ok the only two i noticed is in father figures shane is wearing a cast in the hallway when rayanne tells jordan to give the teacher the walkman and the second one is in self esteem when she is in the boiler room with jordan and she is wearing a pink turtle neck sweater when jordan tells her to keep them a secret but when she walks up to the door to see him with shane she is wearing that sweater from the biginning of the episode?
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 20th 2003, 2:32 pm

Yes, the infamous Sweater Incident. Duly noted in Uhhh...Angela's sweater in Self-Esteem and goof on self esteem.

I'm not sure what you mean by the first goof you mentioned. Shane has his arm in a sling, but how is that a goof?

:scratchinghead:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 20th 2003, 9:36 pm

yeah in the beginning of the episode he has his arm in a sling but then when they are all sitting in class when jordan diagrams her scentences we see shane by the door with him and his arm is out of it... but i was wondering if anyone else has noticed any other goofs?
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 21st 2003, 12:35 am

I don't think it's so much of a goof as it was Shannon's way of doing something extra with the character (much like seeing him carrying drumsticks around in Why Jordan Can't Read). He had his arm in a sling at the beginning of the episode. When we see him in class without the sling, it is the next day so whatever his reason for wearing it on Tuesday was (seeking attention from girls, getting out of doing something in PE or shop, really having a hurt arm, etc.) no longer exists by Wednesday.

I'm pretty sure there are other goofs mentioned in the episode discussion threads, but off the top of my head I don't remember which ones. There are also the contradictions about the basement and Brian's sister.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 21st 2003, 12:43 am

i never thought of it like that... umm i guess that makes scence but I was just curious... thanks anyway...

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 21st 2003, 12:55 am

A friend of mine who lived in LA used to do extra work on tv shows so he said one of the things that extras try to do is stand out without being totally obvious which is why I thought of it more as Shannon making his part a little more recognizable rather than it being a goof.

Post by Guest » Oct 21st 2003, 12:59 am

thats like totally understandable because if there is something that makes the character stand out more then rather just blend makes more scence... everyone wants to be noticed

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 21st 2003, 1:19 am

Exactly, because they like having believable extras. The more they like the extra, the more likely they are to have the extra return, which means the better the chances that the extra will end up getting into the union! All part of the game.

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 21st 2003, 1:38 am

ok but shannon does not even have to stand out cause he is so cute!!! :oops:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 21st 2003, 1:43 am

Sometimes that just isn't enough. Heck, in the BF interview, they said that they almost didn't hire Jared Leto as Jordan Catalano because he was just too gorgeous!

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 21st 2003, 2:00 am

you know what i think is a trip... When Jared was asked about how people think he is so good looking he said he thinks he isnt... I think it is his eyes really... they are just so beautiful... and I know that there is more to there characters then there good looks but I honestly think Shannon is hot... His character was a jerk but at least he looks normal!!!

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Oct 22nd 2003, 1:52 am

candygirl wrote:Sometimes that just isn't enough. Heck, in the BF interview, they said that they almost didn't hire Jared Leto as Jordan Catalano because he was just too gorgeous!
just keep showing off that bonus disc knowledge. I'm completely jealous :cry2: but eager to hear any tidbits of information.

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 22nd 2003, 8:58 pm

i wish i had the bonus disc to... :?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 23rd 2003, 2:10 am

grim4746 wrote:
candygirl wrote:Sometimes that just isn't enough. Heck, in the BF interview, they said that they almost didn't hire Jared Leto as Jordan Catalano because he was just too gorgeous!
just keep showing off that bonus disc knowledge. I'm completely jealous :cry2: but eager to hear any tidbits of information.
I know, I'm such a tease!

:wink:

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Nov 18th 2003, 9:29 pm

In "Resolutions" in tutoring the boom drops into the shot for an instant.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !