Everybody's best scene?

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Emeralduk
Liberty High Student

Post by Emeralduk » Aug 18th 2003, 3:23 pm

I agree with 'KrokRos', the scene with Angela & Jordan outside the dance in "Life of Brian" is great. Exactly what you said, it gives us all butterflies. I'm always shouting at the TV "Just kiss!"
There's been lots of moments throughout the show when I've really cringed with what Angela's said or done - eg. in "Why Jordan Can't Read" when she's trying to explain to Jordan that she didn't write the letter to him. I would just say "Look, I did write it about you. I'm crazy about you, can we hang out?" But then again, being faced with a person that intense (and gorgeous!), I would most likely bottle up and run out!
That's the whole MSCL thing, teens being all nervous and awkward around each other. I can't blame Angela for acting strange around Jordan all the time. Again, that's why MSCL is such a great show, it's so true to real life. :Fade-color

*~Emerald~*
"Hello, you've reached the winter of our discontent."

1987 Angela
Frozen Embryo

Post by 1987 Angela » Oct 20th 2003, 1:24 pm

May seem hokey to some, but keep in mind I'm weird and love horror movies so, here goes. ONe of my favorite scenes and episodes is Halloween.
Why? Because it sums up what Halloween in my highschool was like exactly. In the part.episode,I love the shots of:
1.Brian stealing a peek at Rayann shaving in the girls bathroom.
2.Of seeing Angela's little sis dress up as Angela and the momentary look of sheer terror on the her parents face.
3.Seeing the English teacher dressed as Obi Wan in her attempt to bond and 'look cool' to her students.
4.Rayann running around like a retarded maniac cause she just loves Haloween. Yep....that was me....I know...pathetic.

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 20th 2003, 10:12 pm

I have to admit that my favorite scene is in self esteem when it shows the both kind of looking at eachother and he like takes a deep breath and then goes over to her and is like "can we you go somewhere" and shes all like "sure" and he grabs her hand... OMG I LOVE THAT SCENE!!!

I love other scenes almost as much...

~in the zit at the end Angela's VO is so beautiful... "Sometimes it seems like we're all living in some kind of prison, and the crime is how much we all hate ourselves. It's good to get really dressed up once in a while and admit the truth -- that when you really look closely, people are so strange and so complicated that they're actually beautiful. Possibly even me."

~in why Jordan cant read when they share there perfect kiss and when he sings red...

~in the pilot when Rayanne and Angela are in the backseat of the police car and she says to her "you know with your hair like that, it hurts to look at you"

~in the pilot when Jordan calls out her name when she is getting in the police car

~in strangers in the house when angela and sharon have the seen at the end when she tells her squeeze my hand as much as it hurts and when jordan hugs angela behind the bleachers

~in pressure when jordan teachers her how to drive

i dont know its hard to just choose these... :?
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life