The Lion King

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
Frances Farmer
Nicky Driscoll

The Lion King

Post by Frances Farmer » Oct 14th 2003, 5:14 pm

Ok, did anyone else get the special edition, I did and it's great. The thing is I can't find any cast interviews or anything about the cast, there has to be, I can't imagine there wouldn't be, but I can't find it anywhere, its sort of a confusing dvd, what the heck is all the asia africa stuff on disc 2, can someone help me.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 14th 2003, 5:19 pm

I bought the Lion King last week when it was released but I haven't watched any of the special features yet. Usually Disney DVDs have a fold out menu to help you navigate through all of the features and find exactly what you're looking for (I just finally got around to watching some of the special features on Sleeping Beauty last weekend and I used the map instead of poking around everywhere).

I don't know if there are any cast interviews. Amazon lists the special features as:
DVD Features:
* Disc 1: 2 Versions – Special Edition (featuring a new song) and original theatrical release both digitally restored and remastered
* Deleted scenes
* Audio commentaries
* Sing along track
* 2 music videos including "Circle of Life" performed by the Disney Channel stars
* Disc 2: Go beyond and explore the complete worldwide phenomenon in five areas: Animal Journey, Story Journey, Stage Journey, Film Journey, and Music Journey
* Exciting games with all-new animation: Virtual Safari, Grab A Grub, Pesonality Profile & Sound Sensations
* 2 navigational platforms
* Widescreen anamorphic format
I don't see cast interviews anywhere on the list, so it's very possible they don't exist. I can tell you that of the few Disney DVDs that do have cast interviews (Sleeping Beauty showed Mary Costa, Lilo & Stitch showed Tia Carrere), they are VERY brief.

Disney loves patting itself on the back, so they usually list most of the special features on the box. If there are cast interviews, they should be listed there (Disney isn't big on easter eggs - usually just credits for the DVD as they have done on Snow White, Beauty & the Beast, Lilo & Stitch).

I recommend looking through the menu on the insert. If you don't see cast interviews listed anywhere, then you're looking for something that doesn't exist.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?