AU Bonus Materials Discussion (**OFFICIAL THREAD**)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Oct 11th 2003, 11:02 pm

still havent received my extras...im scared they'll never come :(

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Oct 11th 2003, 11:41 pm

You can bet i examined the merchandise pretty closely. Fortunately i couldn't find a scratch on the lunchbox, although the latch is slightly wonky. I haven't had a chance to watch the DVD yet.

I don't care much about the T-Shirt or "gift" certificate either. I just hate to see Ross and AU weasel out of this. I've recently found material here and there on the net that shows him in constant trouble starting a couple years prior to this project.

He's dodged a lot of bullets.

And i just checked and found a bit of a surprise: The AU Website is back...up! ... Again!

Of course, there are no photos, and it's not possible to put anything in your cart, so i don't know what the point is.
Last edited by So-Called Loon on Oct 13th 2003, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 11th 2003, 11:57 pm

One thing I forgot to mention before about the bonus disc is that the sound gets funny around the 16 minute mark, kind of an intermittent hissing sound. It goes away and then comes back later. I'm not sure if it's my disc or if they're all like that.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Benebula98
Liberty High Student

I'm a brat!

Post by Benebula98 » Oct 12th 2003, 4:15 pm

Hey Guys,
I am sorry if I am being a brat, BUT...

I don't want a a shirt, a gift cert, etc. I just want what I was promised and what I was promised was that cast interview. I really really really wanna see it. Am I the only one?

*BRATTY BEN*

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Anakin » Oct 13th 2003, 2:03 am

So, is there anybody live outside of US or live outside of CA received the lunchbox yet? I wonder.....
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 13th 2003, 3:00 am

VerucaSalt, ltleelim, and I are the ones in California who have reported receiving sets so far.

SCL who lives in Utah and bmjudd who lives in Seattle have also received bonus materials.

Another member, apexsensation, received bonus materials but his/her location is not listed in the member profiles, but I'm guessing somewhere west of the Rockies.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Oct 13th 2003, 5:07 am

I'm really glad this is finally happening - thanks Candygirl for posting those photos because I was a little sceptical to start with...

but I have to say, I really really want to see the bonus disc too. I know I cancelled with AU and that I knew at the time that I would lose out on that part for cancelling but I was so f**ked off with AU that I couldn't even breathe in and out, let alone think rationally... :oops:

I considered going on here and asking if anyone would be willing to burn a few copies of the DVD and post them out to us poor unfortunates who cancelled. But then I realised that what I would be asking them to do is break the law... so to the couple of people who have posted asking about possibilities of getting hold of this material, it would be bootlegged and that's illegal and I wouldn't ask anyone on this forum to do that. It's frustrating, I know, but I think you just have to grin and bear it.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

AAaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!

Post by So-Called Loon » Oct 13th 2003, 11:55 am

candygirl wrote:SCL who lives in Utah and bmjudd who lives in Seattle have also received bonus materials.
And Mr. Loon now has a MAJOR COMPLAINT with his damned bonus materials! Image

His new DVD player cannot play the DVD! Image

Several tries including ejecting and reinserting and the disc has no visible flaws. All i got once i started the interview was about half a minute of the picture jerking ahead a couple of frames, then freezing for a while, then jerking. Not a blip on the stereo. Following that the picture froze completely and the counter continued to proceed ahead, jumping 2-3 seconds at a time. All controls except 'open/close' were unresponsive.

Then i tried to watch the tour. New behavior. It plays smoothly for about 1/4 second, followed by a brief stutter, followed by a jump ahead of 2-3 seconds, another stutter, and another 2 second jump... no sound, of course. Pause worked a time or two. Pressing FF only worked if pause was on, in which case it unpaused and continued jerking along. kinda like ross "the ratbag"

It may be my player, in a manner of speaking. Not that there's anything wrong with it. I've only once had any problem with it playing a DVD, and it was a crappy rented one. But i was able to watch the interview on my Mac's built-in DVD/CD-RW drive.

I, too, noticed the bit of weirdness on the soundtrack about 15 minutes in.

:roll: Now i'm just sitting here wondering how AU might respond to a complaint about an unplayable bonus DVD.

Anybody else observe anything like this?

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Re: I'm a brat!

Post by So-Called Loon » Oct 13th 2003, 12:40 pm

Benebula98 wrote:Hey Guys,
I am sorry if I am being a brat, BUT...

I don't want a a shirt, a gift cert, etc. I just want what I was promised and what I was promised was that cast interview. I really really really wanna see it. Am I the only one?

*BRATTY BEN*
I don't mind being a brat, if that's what it is!

Beside the fact that i connot play the stupid bonus DVD, the AU ad did specify cast and crew interviews. And ross did promise all sorts of junk for our trouble. We deserve some pay-off for waiting so long and getting screwed! Image

I would definitely like to see cast interviews almost as much as i'd like to see his head on a silver platter sans body! Image

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Oct 13th 2003, 12:47 pm

starbug wrote:I considered going on here and asking if anyone would be willing to burn a few copies of the DVD and post them out to us poor unfortunates who cancelled. But then I realised that what I would be asking them to do is break the law... so to the couple of people who have posted asking about possibilities of getting hold of this material, it would be bootlegged and that's illegal and I wouldn't ask anyone on this forum to do that. It's frustrating, I know, but I think you just have to grin and bear it
I agree with starbug. I consider the regular posters of this forum my friends and would not ask them to do that. I would be content to only see the interview and tour once, or perhaps someone can transcribe it for us. I am not asking any of you to do anything illegal, but if you think you might be able to help me out please contact me privately at ryan8701@excite.com

P.S. For those lucky enough to have received their bonus materials, enjoy!
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 13th 2003, 1:22 pm

SCL - the first time that I played the disc, I wasn't paying much attention at the very beginning. I saw the disclaimer screen and busied myself with something else while I waited for the next screen to come up. It did something strange where the menu came up and then the screen went black and then the menu came back up. I just pressed the fast forward button on my remote to see if anything would happen and it went straight to the interview. I had no more problems (aside from the audio thing I mentioned earlier) while watching the interview or tour (or, to be fair, the THREE credits). Afterwards, I ejected the disc and put it back in to see if the menu problem occurred again, but it was fine the second time around.

Let me tell you though - when the screen went black, my first split second reaction was something along the lines of "Hate...you...Ross..."

I would be willing to transcribe part of the interview (it is an hour long and I don't have time to do the whole thing) - any other volunteers so we can split it up?

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Oct 13th 2003, 9:12 pm

Hey starbug, I'm with you. I also bailed (smartly, it turned out) from AU early on, and got a refund from the CC company.

If I could burn one, I'd definitely pass it around. I suppose if someone anon put it out on kazaa, which of course can not be sanctioned here. I'm just sayin'! :)

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Oct 13th 2003, 9:43 pm

JPP13 wrote: I suppose if someone anon put it out on kazaa, which of course can not be sanctioned here.
Why not? There is no problem as long as you have to OK from the copyright holders. And guess what. Ross Rojeck does NOT own the copyright to this stuff. Ask Bedford falls what their position on this is. IF they have no problem with it, start copying.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Re: AAaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!

Post by phelix » Oct 13th 2003, 9:49 pm

So-Called Loon wrote: It may be my player, in a manner of speaking. Not that there's anything wrong with it. I've only once had any problem with it playing a DVD, and it was a crappy rented one. But i was able to watch the interview on my Mac's built-in DVD/CD-RW drive.
It's not your player. I noticed many complaints in the various DVD forums based on what software is used to author or burn the disc. Ross probably used some cheap junk to author the disc instead of sending it to a pro.

BTW, I'm curious as to whether the DVD is burned (dvd-r disc) or pressed. What color is the backside of the disc?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 13th 2003, 10:13 pm

It's silver, the same as the front side.