AU Bonus Materials Discussion (**OFFICIAL THREAD**)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 11th 2003, 12:32 am

If you are a customer who has moved in the last year and need to get that info to AU, you can send me a private message and I will get the info to you or forward your new information if the moderators prefer that..

A cell phone that is used for business is not personal information, but I will respect the moderators and compile a list and send it by fax.

You can email your new information to me at rosenfeld@drygrass.com

Please, don't delete this post. With a little common sense everyone can have their stuff. it's not like AU answers phones or emails. I think that enough people can believe that I will honestly follow up on things until they receive what they paid for.

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Oct 11th 2003, 2:38 am

I was wondering...for those who have gotten their bonus discs...if there was any chance of copying it and sending them out to people. I was one of those who got ripped off by AU and then switched to amazon...although i really wanted the lunchbox and bonus disc. Anyways, just wondering because I'd really like to have a copy. Thanks! :)

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Oct 11th 2003, 7:29 am

Thanks Candygirl for your detailed lowdown. If you hadn't posted the pics I still wouldn't have believed this was happening.

Like North_Star98 I too am peeved. I also cancelled my AU order and went with Amazon. I do not regret making the decision to shop elsewhere as I hung onto the fantasy that AU would come good to the point where it looked like the company was going to fold. I believe I was one of the last to pick up on Amazon's Share The Love.

I was one of the lucky ones and was refunded by my bank. I did not receive one penny back from AU. Like countless others, I filled in all the necessary fraud complaint forms. What I am most angry about - apart from being ripped off - is that I really really wanted the bonus disc. My cancellation means I will not see this.
Mom. Streamers?

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Oct 11th 2003, 3:30 pm

Debs wrote:Thanks Candygirl for your detailed lowdown. If you hadn't posted the pics I still wouldn't have believed this was happening.
I still can't believe it

I hope that the also ship this to international customers...
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 11th 2003, 4:19 pm

mephisto wrote:
Debs wrote:Thanks Candygirl for your detailed lowdown. If you hadn't posted the pics I still wouldn't have believed this was happening.
I still can't believe it

I hope that the also ship this to international customers...
Well so far only people in CA have received it. Let's see if any others get it.

Benebula98
Liberty High Student

Bonus Disc Content?

Post by Benebula98 » Oct 11th 2003, 4:25 pm

Hey Guys,
Blah blah blah, this story is so long and old, but I have to get in on it. What's up with that 60 minute cast interview? I want it SO bad! The bonus material makes like zero sense without it. Didn't Another Universe say some kind of BS like they would send the lunch box, a case that would hold 2 dvds, 1 dvd, and the 2nd dvd later? Did I completely make that up?
*BEN*

apexsensation
Tino

Post by apexsensation » Oct 11th 2003, 4:38 pm

Just wanted to chime in that today I received my bonus items. I came home today after a morning of shoe shopping and my mom told me I had a package. I looked at who it was from. Another Universe. I actually paused before opening it because I had to think of what AU was! While opening it, I explained the story of fraud very briefly to my mom and my sister's boyfriend before glancing at my bonus lunchbox and DVD. I've yet to watch it, but I can't wait to.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 11th 2003, 6:11 pm

Does the bonus disc case have an extra space for the other disc as Gord reported from his conversation with Rojek?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 11th 2003, 6:32 pm

Nope, it's a regular snap case with room for one disc.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 11th 2003, 6:48 pm

I have no intention of following up on other bonus material, t-shirts, gift certificates, etc. It's miraculous enough that this stuff is finally shipping and I never believed that the other items were real.

I hope nobody has a problem with that, but those items were not part of the set I was marketing.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 11th 2003, 8:17 pm

Jason R wrote:I hope nobody has a problem with that, but those items were not part of the set I was marketing.
Makes sense to me. You've stuck to this more than I might have in the same situation. At this point, as long as the authorities aren't doing anything, all I'd expect you to be doing is keeping track of how many people got what they paid for, or are still owed refunds. And on that note, have you been working up the next questionaire? I'd imagine in 2 or 3 weeks would be a good time to see how many people go the disc, or are still owed a refund.

Then take those results to the DOJ, as you suggested:
Do you think that people are now so jaded that it would be worthless to send out a mass mail asking them to report the situation to the DOJ? Should I try to make it easier by creating an online form or a boilerplate complaint letter?
I'd definitely do that in your position. But wouldn't hold it against you if you didn't. :wink:
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 11th 2003, 9:06 pm

I am going to, for once, assume the best. In a few weeks time, I will survey the email addresses I have.

However, this survey will ask for personally identifable information. Name, address, email, amount, etc.

I will make sure that everyone has refunds and bonus discs.

Then, one of two things will happen:

1) I will close the book on this ordeal.
2) I will forward remaining complaints to DOJ.

However, in the event of #2, there is probably little else that I will be able to do after having people submit complaints.

But until then I plan to stay positive. (Even though AU made no effort to get new addresses and many students have undoubtedly moved in the last 2 years since orders were placed).

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Oct 11th 2003, 9:33 pm

Whoa! I think i'm hallucinating badly....
... package.... lunchbox... Image

...bubble wrap... disk... Image

...US Mail... room spinning... ...certificate...

Things are starting to focus. Hey, it's %(*@&%@! real!
Can't be! ... Amazing! It's really here! Image

-------
Jason R wrote:Do you think that people are now so jaded that it would be worthless to send out a mass mail asking them to report the situation to the DOJ? Should I try to make it easier by creating an online form or a boilerplate complaint letter?
I'm not usually a nasty vindictive person, but i'd still like to see RR swinging from a rope in the town square!

This is not as advertised, and certainly not akin to the content of various promises from Ross and AU. 20 months to receive most of an ordered product?! This has got to be the most expensive non-antique lunchbox in history!! Image

Glad it finally arrived anyway, such as it is.

I'm missing the show again. New television seasons are gloomily minus anything close to as great as MSCL was. Must be time to break out the Discs for another watch. At least we have them. Image
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 11th 2003, 9:38 pm

It's not as promised, but I'd imagine that the anger will die down when everyone has the disc and lunchbox (and refunds).

We've collectively done the equivalent of drawing water from a stone. I'm not going to push our luck further.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 11th 2003, 9:44 pm

I agree SCL - after watching the bonus disc, I wanted to watch the pilot, at the very least.

And as happy as I am to finally have the lunchbox and bonus disc, that does NOT erase everything AU has done. I won't rehash everything here since this thread is about bonus materials, but suffice to say that Ross STILL has not delivered everything he promised. Do I really want a t-shirt or a gift certificate for his crap company? No. Do I think he owes me a t-shirt and a gift certificate? Yes. If he doesn't deliver on those two items, then they were exactly what Jason said they were - promises to lure us into shutting up. If nothing else, we deserve the MTR panel discussion, even if it is on a separate disc. I don't want to hear excuses - Ross said that the MTR material would be included, and I want that more than I want a t-shirt, certificate of authenticity, gift certificate, or even the lunchbox. It's really not my problem whether his company can afford the $20,000 or however much is required. He shouldn't have opened his big mouth if his company didn't have the money.

This entire situation reminds me of Mike Seaver's philosophy about creating low expectations so that everyone is pleasantly surprised. Instead of being angry about how RR ripped everyone off by stealing money from customers, refusing to refund overcharges, and failing to deliver merchandise, we're supposed to be grateful that we finally got these damn lunchboxes.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?