Rickie and Jordan

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
shorty

Rickie and Jordan

Post by shorty » Jan 13th 2003, 12:17 pm

Forgive me if this has been mentioned or discussed before, but I always seemed to notice little clues that told me Rickie secretly likes Jordan. For example, in "Why Jordan can't read", he gives Angela a detailed descrption of which classes Jordan goes to and which ones he cuts, and when Angela is describing what happened between her and Jordan the day before, Rickie says wistfully, 'that's exactly how I would be...' and also in "Betrayal", there's something about the way he feels so hurt when Angela tries to move in on Corey Healthfreak (or whatever his name is!). The way Rickie acts towards her is as if he thinks she's done it before, (ie been insensitive about his feelings towards somebody, namely Jordan) although he could never admit it.
Other examples of Rickie liking Jordan that I can remember (and I'm sure there are more than these), are in "Halloween" when Rickie bumps into Jordan near the sports field? And in "So-called Angels" when he bumps into him on the street. For me, it seems that whenever Rickie talks to Jordan he starts stammering and looking uneasy, so it looks like he's either really intimidated by him, or he likes him. Did anyone else notice this?!

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 13th 2003, 12:37 pm

I also noticed this a few months ago. I wrote about it in my post here:

http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1718
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jan 13th 2003, 2:22 pm

'Corey HealthFreak"....that's funny! :D :D
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

complexdave
Frozen Embryo

Rickie and Jordan

Post by complexdave » Jan 28th 2003, 4:16 am

Near the end of "Why Can't Jordan Read" Jordan puts his hand on Rickie's sholder to turn his attention back to the conversation of why Angela is upset. Rickie looks at Jordan's hand on his sholder quaintly before replying, "um, I guess she figures, you know, why didn't you call or something..."
The way he looks at Jordan at this point is so funny. Soon you see him brought back to reality when Jordan replies, "Yeah, that makes sense."

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jan 29th 2003, 10:15 pm

And don't forget, Rickie also loves the way he leans.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

GoNowGo

Rickie and Jordan

Post by GoNowGo » Oct 9th 2003, 4:09 am

Also, at the end of "Why Jordan Can't Read", Rickie is wearing a red bandana, possibly indicating he wants to be Angela, or the "Red" Jordan refers to in his song.

CrimsonGlow
Overlooked Sibling

Post by CrimsonGlow » Oct 9th 2003, 1:44 pm

oh yeah from the time it aired on tv it was obvious about Rickie having a Jordan crush. He was not intimidated (but maybe by love!) but had a crush. Rickie knew Jordan's schedule, and he was very uneasy when Jordan told him at the lockers that he couldn't meet Angela's parents and that the song "Red" was about his car. This wasn't a moment about Jordan's standing up Angela, but a crush moment for Rickie. Rickie was definitely hot for him.
"Seeing a teacher's actual lunch is like, sooo depressing"

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Oct 11th 2003, 2:19 am

Rickie def had a crush on Jordan. I remember thinking this while the series was airing.

Post by Guest » Oct 11th 2003, 3:25 pm

Yeah,but wasn't he also into that painted snickers freak?

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Oct 11th 2003, 7:16 pm

Anonymous wrote:Yeah,but wasn't he also into that painted snickers freak?
ya I think Ricki started to look for someone else to focus his feelings on once things actually started to happen between Angela and Jordan. In my opinion Corey might be a better choice than Jordan. they're both cute, both come off sort of dopey but Corey seems nicer, but a little bit strange. I liked him better in "Betrayl" than I did in "Life of Brian".

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 19th 2003, 10:01 am

umm even though Jordan can be rude dumb and unfeeling at times well almost all the time some moments that he shares with angela are just like beautiful... even though someone would probally be better for her i think that there is just something between them that nobody else shares...
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

CrimsonGlow
Overlooked Sibling

Post by CrimsonGlow » Oct 19th 2003, 9:24 pm

Rickie would definitely be better off with someone like Corey. Both are very alternative to the norm-type of person who doesn't blend in but stands out proudly.
"Seeing a teacher's actual lunch is like, sooo depressing"

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 22nd 2003, 9:28 pm

I think that Rickie would have definitely had a boyfriend in the second season...
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

Post by Guest » Oct 27th 2003, 3:57 pm

CrimsonGlow wrote:Rickie would definitely be better off with someone like Corey. Both are very alternative to the norm-type of person who doesn't blend in but stands out proudly.
What about Angela?Would she be better off with Corey than with Jordan?

Post by Guest » Oct 27th 2003, 4:16 pm

It would have ultimately been up to what she would have done about the letter... I mean she could have just denied the fact that he did not write the letter and kind of accept that Brian did not feel something for her but I think she would have made the best decision for her in the time of her life where she was... I mean even though she in someway forgave Jordan she may not have decided to stay with him... once someone hurts you the way Jordan did it is hard to get passed that... I honestly think that they would have explored Angela and Jordan as a couple for a while in the second season but ultimately I dont think that they would have stayed together... Even though I wrote it different in my mind I just dont think that they would have stayed together... I mean Angela had really strong feelings for Jordan and Jordan felt in away the same way she did but maybe for her feeling that way was not right at that time... or it could have went the other way... I think that it might have been possible for Angela to even kiss Brian or maybe see where there relationship went... or maybe even someone totally new might have caught her eye... honestly I dont know...