AU Bonus Materials Discussion (**OFFICIAL THREAD**)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 7th 2003, 5:46 am

Now two weeks have passed. :evil:

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Oct 7th 2003, 7:29 am

OK, so, nobody has their stuff... let's do something about it!

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Oct 7th 2003, 2:27 pm

Like what? Anyone living physically near AU who can go and ask them? :P
----------------
Make it count.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Oct 8th 2003, 4:40 am

No, like obtaining the bonus materials from the people who still have them (or the rights to them anyway) because they were never paid by Ross...

http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

danguyf
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by danguyf » Oct 9th 2003, 9:48 am

We keep talking about asking Bedford Falls and Grafik for permissions to create and distribute our own bonus disc, but I don't think it's ever gotten done.

While we wait for someone (Ross, we of MSCL.COM, random DVD pirates on 10th St.), I was thinking perhaps we might like to pass around my copy of the AU bonus disc? At least that way everyone could see the interview. People could sign up and we could work out a rough geographic ring so that no one was stuck with too much postage to pay.

Everyone on the ring would have of promise not to make a few copies for themselves and friends, of course. Of course.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 9th 2003, 10:35 am

Dan, we have not done it because we were waiting for AU.com's self-imposed deadline. I have BF's contact info, but I don't have Grafik's. If you can send it to me, I will contact them.

ltleelim
Frozen Embryo

MSCL lunchbox and bonus DVD arrived

Post by ltleelim » Oct 9th 2003, 4:37 pm

Hello, I've been reading this forum for a while, but this is the first time I've posted. Like many others, I filed complaints with the IFCC and the Better Business Bureau (which didn't seem to accomplish anything).

I just wanted to let the rest of you know that my wife and I received our MSCL lunchbox and bonus DVD from Another Universe just a few minutes ago. I was quite shocked. I didn't think we'd ever get them.

The package arrived via the U.S. Postal Service. We live in Berkeley, CA, only about 90 minutes away from Another Universe's supposed location. I'm guessing we were one of the first to receive the packages.

My wife likes the lunchbox, but I think the pictures could be a little less blurry. We haven't watched the bonus DVD yet, but she was very disappointed that it appears to have only two things on it:

"Interview With Marshall Herskovitz, Winnie Holzman, Ed Zwick"
"Tour of Bedford Falls"

Since I've been following this forum, I knew there wasn't going to be much on the bonus DVD, if it ever was made.

I am very glad that this whole ordeal is over. But at the same time, I'm very disappointed that it looks like Another Universe is going to get away with the extraordinary delays and the overcharging. Another Universe really, really sucks.

Lloyd Lee-Lim

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Oct 9th 2003, 4:40 pm

Does the package it came in have a postage date stamped on it?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 9th 2003, 4:45 pm

REMINDER:
ORDERS PLACED BETWEEN FEBRUARY-JUNE 18TH (FIRST 2500 ORDERS) GET THE FOLLOWING…
- DVD SET
- BONUS DISC
- LUNCHBOX W/CERT OF AUTHENTICITY
-MSCL T-SHIRT
-$30 Gift Certificate at AU
-FREE SHIPPING

ORDERS PLACED BETWEEN JUNE 18TH-SEPT 17TH GET THE FOLLOWING….
-DVD SET
-BONUS DISC
-LUNCHBOX (DIFFERENT THAN 2500 ISSUE/NO CERT)
-MSCL T-SHIRT
-FREE SHIPPING
-$20 Gift Certificate

ORDERS PLACED AFTER SEPT 17TH
-DVD SET
-BONUS DISC
-LUNCHBOX (DIFFERENT THAN 2500 ISSUE/NO CERT)
-Free Shipping
http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... highlight=
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 9th 2003, 4:54 pm

Ironic that RR's promise as quoted by andrew was almost exactly one year to the day. I am still pissed that we didn't get the MTR panel discussion.

And what about everyone in Europe? I hope they aren't charged VAT or customs on this shipment.

Sammi, I would guess the postmark date is yesterday or the day before - Sacramento is less than 100 miles from Berkeley so mail usually takes one or two days.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 9th 2003, 5:27 pm

Can we get a detailed description of everything on the boxes, disc, shipping material? Stamps, letters, what the disc looks like, what writing is on the box, etc?

I wanna see first, if there was some sleeze letter of apology, and if anything is traceable to a specific person at AU (remember, RR doesn't work there anymore :? ).

Secondly I wanna see what sort of a hack job these shmucks pulled on the production of the disc.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

VerucaSalt
Tino

Yes

Post by VerucaSalt » Oct 9th 2003, 5:44 pm

It came in a ups small package with the lunch box...the bonus dvd with an interview with winnie holzman, marhall herskovitz, and ed zwick and some crazy bedford falls tour (no idea what that is). It also came with a certificate of authenticity, "this certificate authenticates this set as one of the first 2,500 my so called life TM limited edition dvd/lunchbox sets released by another universe."

-adam

ps..the guy above wants to know...the dvd bonus disc has a pencil and notebook, says my so called life bonus disc. Inside the disc says My so Called bonus disc. Says exactly what it is. The lunchbox is in tact..there were pictures of it previously.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 9th 2003, 5:53 pm

i wonder if some kind of survey should go out in a few weeks asking how many people are receiving and when. this is a very good development. hopefully we can close this chapter very soon.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 9th 2003, 6:13 pm

Looks like hell just froze over. :shock:

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Oct 9th 2003, 6:52 pm

:shock:

I'm speechless... this is a joke right? It really came? I want photographic proof! :D

Did the disc come with cover art? (had to ask...hehe). Better yet - what the hell is on it so I can do that custom cover I had half done?

EDIT - Just re-read some of the details above. Sorry.
Last edited by GaryEA on Oct 9th 2003, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.