CROM! He Won!

Political Discussion: You've been warned! Please remember we are all friends here. Insults will not be tolerated!
GaryEA
So-Called Addict

CROM! He Won!

Post by GaryEA » Oct 8th 2003, 2:34 am

He did it.

Despite the flurry of women he allegedly (and most likely in some cases) groped, and questions about his fondness for Hitler, Arnold has become the the grand poo-bah of California.

To be honest, I find it hysterical. I want to do the same thing here in Jersey, give our governor the heave-ho and put James Gandolfini in. Or Bon Jovi. Hell, anyone. Please. We're dying here, just from the car insurance alone.

And so the cast of Predator continues to take on the American government. First Jesse, now Ahnold. My vote is for Carl Weathers...

...or the Predator.

:D

Gary

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 8th 2003, 9:49 am

The quote about Hitler was taken out of context, and why would the fact that he groped women almost 30 years ago affect the way he would run the state of California?
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Oct 8th 2003, 11:34 am

Megs wrote:The quote about Hitler was taken out of context, and why would the fact that he groped women almost 30 years ago affect the way he would run the state of California?
Some of the groping allegations against Gov. Arnold are more recent. The most recent I’ve read about was 3 years ago. Reports claim Arnold is accused of many incidents of groping and harassment between 1975-2000.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/10/ ... 6543.shtml
(8th paragraph from the top)
I agree that the Hitler comments were out of context and according to the original source not even entirely accurate as it turns out.
And I think that what’s most likely affect how he runs the state is the fact that the legislature is predominately Democratic so he may not be able to accomplish any good or ill unless he can work co-operatively with the Democrats.

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Oct 8th 2003, 5:54 pm

Just the fact that he was smart enough to say that some of the allegations were true makes him a winner in my book. Most politicians would have denied what happened until they were blue in the face. Obviously, the proof was so overwhelming, he would have been stupid to deny it. Just think what would not have happened if President Clinton had said that he did have sex with "that woman." Instead, he lied under oath and covered up the affair.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Oct 8th 2003, 6:21 pm

His main competition, Cruz Bustamante spent the last day of campaigning trying to discredit Arnold. This turned me off totally, and if I was a Californian I would not have voted for him. By mud-slinging on the last day it told me that his platform alone was two thin to run on, and that wining was more important to him than the message. Now Arnold may have been thinking the same thing, who knows, but at least he wasn’t dumb enough to do it. Plus, Bustamante was too close to being another Davis. Californians’ are getting screwed anyway, might as well give Arnold a shot. Plus we forget he does have political experience. He was the US fitness ambassador or what ever it was called.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 8th 2003, 11:25 pm

He he he he hee.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Oct 9th 2003, 6:09 pm

Check out these political cartoons about Ahnauld's viktory, there are pages and pages of them.

http://cagle.slate.msn.com/news/ArnoldWins/main.asp
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Oct 9th 2003, 6:57 pm

This is, by far, my favorite of the bunch...

:lol: