Lance's latest XMas Wishlist item (ST:TNG set)

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Lance's latest XMas Wishlist item (ST:TNG set)

Post by fnordboy » Sep 24th 2003, 6:29 pm

The Borg Megacube - The Complete Star Trek: Next Generation Seasons 1 - 7 (region 2)

Paramount have just sent us full details of their November 3rd release of The Borg Megacube. This set will include every single episode from all seven seasons of the highly acclaimed Sci Fi TV series Star Trek: The Next Generation. Containing no less than 48 DVDs and boasting a £449.99 RRP, this could be the largest and most expensive commercial DVD box set released to date.

http://www.dvddebate.com/article.php?si ... r=0&thold=

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Re: Lance's latest XMas Wishlist item (ST:TNG set)

Post by andrewgd » Sep 24th 2003, 6:49 pm

fnordboy wrote:Containing no less than 48 DVDs and boasting a £449.99 RRP, this could be the largest and most expensive commercial DVD box set released to date.
He hee, are they forgetting about the 49 dvd Twilight Zone set that AU "released"? Of course, that was $399.99, not almost $750.

Of course, these will actually get made. ;)

Edit: Oh, and on-topic... that looks sweet. Is that only being released overseas (for us Yanks) or is there a Region 1 release as well? I didn't see any info on that...but I may be blind.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 26th 2003, 12:47 pm

fnordboy wrote:The Borg Megacube - The Complete Star Trek: Next Generation Seasons 1 - 7 (region 2)

Paramount have just sent us full details of their November 3rd release of The Borg Megacube. This set will include every single episode from all seven seasons of the highly acclaimed Sci Fi TV series Star Trek: The Next Generation. Containing no less than 48 DVDs and boasting a £449.99 RRP, this could be the largest and most expensive commercial DVD box set released to date.

http://www.dvddebate.com/article.php?si ... r=0&thold=
:shock:

Oh-my-gawd!

That is huge dude. You get all the STNG epsiodes and the clock. That is awesome. Granted given the expense this would have to go on my Xmas Wish List 2003, 2004 & quite possibly 2005.

:D

I wonder if they are going to wait and see wait sales are like in Region One before they try for a wider release.

LanceMan

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 26th 2003, 1:31 pm

*sigh*

I already have seasons 2, 3, 4, and 7 in R1 so I don't think I can justify buying this whole set in R2.

:evil:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Sep 26th 2003, 3:10 pm

lance wrote:I wonder if they are going to wait and see wait sales are like in Region One before they try for a wider release.

LanceMan
I don't think they will release it R1 ever:
The Borg MegaCube, the ultimate DVD collection, contains the Complete Star Trek: The Next Generation series 1- 7 across 48 discs and is strictly limited to just 1000 numbered copies worldwide.
Of course, this doesn't mean they won't package a different style set down the road. I wouldn't bank on it though, if you are seriously interested in this series and the collection I would jump on this set. Especially since their is only 1000 made. 700+ dollars is a lot of money though :shock:

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 29th 2003, 11:22 am

candygirl wrote:*sigh*

I already have seasons 2, 3, 4, and 7 in R1 so I don't think I can justify buying this whole set in R2.

:evil:
:shock:

Wow.

So how much longer until you have 1, 5 & 6?

LanceMan

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 29th 2003, 1:00 pm

I actually had S1 in my hands - my boyfriend bought it off ebay for me, but there were two copies of disc 1 and no disc 2 so we sent it back :evil:

Kinda ruined my plans to watch the entire series from the beginning (perfect for summer since nothing was on) so I am back on the lookout for the three seasons I am missing. I might just go back to the local music store where I bought 2-4 & 7 since they are good quality used DVDs (I have let myself watch the special features so far).

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 30th 2003, 12:10 pm

candygirl wrote:I actually had S1 in my hands - my boyfriend bought it off ebay for me, but there were two copies of disc 1 and no disc 2 so we sent it back :evil:

Kinda ruined my plans to watch the entire series from the beginning (perfect for summer since nothing was on) so I am back on the lookout for the three seasons I am missing. I might just go back to the local music store where I bought 2-4 & 7 since they are good quality used DVDs (I have let myself watch the special features so far).
I am keeping my fingers crossed that you find them.

LanceMan

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 30th 2003, 3:30 pm

And I'll keep my fingers crossed that Santa brings you the whole set - clock and all!

:D