Pirates of the Caribbean

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 23rd 2003, 1:18 pm

fnordboy wrote:I don't notice this as often anywhere else I go but in my area there is this habit of people honking their horn a millisecond before the light turns green. Just so you know you better move when it turns green! :roll: Whenever I have one of these assholes behind me (too often) and they do that I just stop my car and sit for a bit then I start to move a little but really slowly. Gets them good and pissed.

I'm gonna get shot one day :shock:
Or how about these people who want your parking space but start honking if you take more than two seconds to unlock the car door and get in? I once sat in a prime parking space at the beach for an extra 10 minutes just because the woman in the minivan behind me kept laying on the horn.

:twisted:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jul 24th 2003, 5:45 am

candygirl wrote: Or how about these people who want your parking space but start honking if you take more than two seconds to unlock the car door and get in? I once sat in a prime parking space at the beach for an extra 10 minutes just because the woman in the minivan behind me kept laying on the horn.

:twisted:
Definitely :D . That's great! I will purposely slow down if people are trying to hurry somewhere and be rude about it. Those people are so annoying. I really hate that. Almost as much as I hate people who have been standing in a check-out queue for a good 10 mins or so, get to the point where they have all their groceries racked up and the assistant says how much it is and THEN they start searching for their money in the biggest bag in the world... :evil:

Worse, even, are people who see that you are waiting for someone to get out of a parking space, wait there too, and then zip into it before you've managed to. That really is the height of rudeness. If I had more guts and it didn't inconvenience innocent others, I would park behind them and block them in, then purposely spend 9 hours shopping.

Of course, I'm not perfect, but really. There ought to be some kind of serious and public punishment.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 24th 2003, 1:22 pm

starbug wrote: Definitely :D . That's great! I will purposely slow down if people are trying to hurry somewhere and be rude about it. Those people are so annoying. I really hate that. Almost as much as I hate people who have been standing in a check-out queue for a good 10 mins or so, get to the point where they have all their groceries racked up and the assistant says how much it is and THEN they start searching for their money in the biggest bag in the world... :evil:
Similarly, the people who stand in line for the ATM for 20 minutes and THEN start filling out their deposit slips when they are at the front of the line!

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 18th 2003, 2:28 pm

FYI - September 19 is Talk Like a Pirate Day!

http://www.talklikeapirate.com

Also check out the Official British Headquarters for International Talk Like a Pirate Day and find out what your pirate name is.

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Sep 18th 2003, 3:16 pm

Your pirate name is:

Mad William Kidd

Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Sep 18th 2003, 4:53 pm

Black Sam Kidd

Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Great, I'm reliable. I'm the Dodge Dart of the high seas.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Sep 19th 2003, 12:26 am

Your pirate name is:

Mad Bess Rackham

Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!
Hee. I like my pirate name. Should I change my User Name? :lol:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Arr!

Post by lance » Sep 21st 2003, 1:51 pm

My pirate name be...

Iron Jack Bonney! (er, something)

LanceMan

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Sep 23rd 2003, 5:17 am

Dirty Ethel Flint

You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!
:D Erm... I would just like to state for the record that I ticked the 'Daily' box in the washing question. I am clean!

http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 3rd 2003, 1:25 am

For anyone interested in buying Pirates of the Caribbean, it's only $14.99 at Target!

:mrgreen:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 3rd 2003, 2:37 am

I picked this up last week for my girlfriend's mother and we watched it on Saturday. I have to say I really didn't enjoy this movie too much. Depp was good in it, and Geoffrey Rush was too, but there was this overall "wackiness" to it that ruined it for me. I wish it would have been a more serious movie. I would have enjoyed it a lot more then.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 3rd 2003, 12:51 pm

fnordboy wrote:I picked this up last week for my girlfriend's mother and we watched it on Saturday. I have to say I really didn't enjoy this movie too much. Depp was good in it, and Geoffrey Rush was too, but there was this overall "wackiness" to it that ruined it for me. I wish it would have been a more serious movie. I would have enjoyed it a lot more then.

I actually saw this in theaters. I went in with no expectations and had not read any reviews.

I really liked the movie. I thought Johnny Deep just stole the show. His campiness and total obliviousness to the situation at hand carried the movie. The movie was campy and wacky and I enjoyed it.

-LanceMan

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Sep 20th 2004, 1:38 pm

I LOVE POC!!! I mean whats cooler than basing your character on Keith Richards & pepe' le pew???? HUh? come on one thing cooler.

With out the Jack Sparrow cahracter this movie would have died a slow death. AND it's a movie my kids can watch too!