Oz on DVD

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Oz on DVD

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 16th 2003, 4:07 am

From tvshowsondvd:
Oz Creator and Executive Producer Tom Fontana has posted the following information at his own website:

Oz Season 3 is set to release on 2/24/04 and Season 4 will be 10/5/04.
Woo hoo!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 5th 2003, 9:21 pm

An update on S3 from tvshowsondvd:
As Oz's Creator and Executive Producer, Tom Fontana, promised us a couple of months ago, Warner Brothers Home Video has just announced Oz: The Complete Third Season on DVD for release in a 3-disc set on February 24, 2004.

Once again list-pricing at $64.98, this compilation of eight episodes of the hour-long HBO prison drama includes the following bonus material:

* Audio Commentary : By creator Tom Fontana and director Chazz Palminteri on "Unnatural Disasters"
* Deleted Scenes : 22 minutes of deleted scenes
* Episodic Previews
* Episodic Recaps

Presented in 1.33:1 video and with English 5.1 Dolby, English 2.0 Dolby, and Spanish 2.0 Dolby soundtracks. Subtitles are in English, French, and Spanish, and the sentence for this crime is 480 minutes.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Nov 10th 2003, 4:16 pm

Thanks for keeping us updated on OZ Candygirl. I love this show. (Even more than the Sopranos :wink: )
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 15th 2003, 7:59 pm

I love this show too, and since I don't have HBO I eagerly await the DVD releases!

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Dec 19th 2003, 8:56 pm

I also don't have HBO so I was thrilled when the gal at BlockBuster tipped me off about the 3rd season of OZ coming out on DVD. I'm currently working my way through season 4 of the Sopranos. I can't wait for OZ #3. :) :) :) :)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 23rd 2004, 5:54 pm

tvshowsondvd reports that Tom Fontana's website now lists the Oz S4 release date as January 2005!

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Aug 24th 2004, 6:06 pm

Great news! :lol: I was afraid they were not releasing any more seasons.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 30th 2004, 3:07 pm

The latest S4 news from tvshowsondvd:
Last week we brought you news that Tom Fontana mentioned a January release date for season 4 on his website, and HBO has turned that rumor into fact. We can expect Oz: Season 4 to be released on January 11, 2005.

The fourth season of Oz is interesting because it was broken into 2 parts; part 1 aired 8 episodes in July/August, 2000, and part 2 aired 8 episodes in January/February, 2001. HBO has decided not to take the "Part 1" and "Part 2" route they took with Sex and the City: Season 6, and will release the entire fourth season as one set. Past seasons of the show, which were 8 episodes, sold for a suggested retail price of $64.98, so one would expect season 4 to be much higher. Good news; season 4 also carries a suggested retail price of $64.98!
At Oswald State Correctional Facility, Level Four, the wish list inside Emerald City keeps growing. Ryan O'Reily wants revenge on a TV newsman who slandered him years ago. Miguel Alvarez wants out of solitary confinement after tasting freedom briefly. Agamemnon Busmalis wants to hear wedding bells. Vern Schillinger wants Kareem Said dead, by any means possible.

In Oz, be careful what you wish for...you might just get it.
Bonus Features Include:

* Deleted Scenes
* Audio Commentaries
You can also view the cover art here.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 5th 2004, 8:18 pm

According to tvshowsondvd, the release date for S4 has been moved to February 1st.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 14th 2005, 5:13 pm

S5 news from tvshowsondvd:
The date which creator Tom Fontana posted to his website has been confirmed by HBO today.
It's a new year, and Emerald City's got a brand-new look. The walls are cleaner, the cafeteria is bigger, and everything is fresher...everything on the outside, that is. Inside the hearts and minds of the prisoners, Oz is just as dark and raw as ever. The renovations may be complete, but the mayhem is starting all over again.
The 3 disc set containing all 8 season 5 episodes will hit the streets on June 21. The technical specs are standard for the Oz releases; full frame (1.33:1) video, English Dolby Digital 5.1 and stereo tracks, and a Spanish mono track. There are English, French and Spanish subtitles as well.

Special features include deleted scenes, commentary with Tom Fontana and Dean Winters on episode 8 ("Impotence"), and season 1-4 recaps. The set carries a suggested price of $64.98 US.
Click here to view the cover art!