Newbies!

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Aug 15th 2003, 9:31 pm

Oh and welcome to the forum Emeralduk. It's great to have a place where you can keep MSCL your own special secret and still get to discuss it. When I first saw the show I too liked that it seemed that no on else knew about it (except that I was afraid it would get cancelled). It made it feel even more special like it was made just for me. But the next year when I discovered that a new friend (she sort of became my Rayanne--without the betrayal) of mine loved the show too it was so exciting that ever since I've always wanted to share the show with any of my friends who are up for it. I'm being a little sappy. It's like you were saying about wanting to watch the show 10-20 years down the line and remember how it made you feel when you first saw it. Sometimes thinking about MSCL triggers my 15 year old over-dramatic tendencies. My head was always in the clouds and between the lines.

FuzzyFreaky
Nicky Driscoll

Re: Hellooo

Post by FuzzyFreaky » Aug 22nd 2003, 8:00 am

Emeralduk wrote:
Fav.Shows:
Caroline in the City
:shock:
I can't believe there are others who watch this show!
Yes I think you and I will get along Emerald
Welcome to the board! :)
I'm wicked and I'm lazy....
Don't you wanna save me?

DarkApprentice
Tino

Hi all!

Post by DarkApprentice » Sep 8th 2003, 6:56 am

mmm...Am I supposed to say anything in here, other than "I am a newbie with a new-found love for MSCL"?. I discovered the series just recently and it has captivated my heart and enchanted my mind. The show aired in Norway a few years ago (94/95?), but I never paid any attention to it then. I guess I was too young to really relate (or coimprehend, for that matter) to many of the issues the series bring up...

Well, just my two cents! I hope this forum will further open my eyes to all the different aspects of life the show brings to light. It is a truly amazing series with an equally amazing cast!
"He wants you to work on his apparatus!"

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Hi all!

Post by lance » Sep 8th 2003, 2:28 pm

DarkApprentice wrote:mmm...Am I supposed to say anything in here, other than "I am a newbie with a new-found love for MSCL"?. I discovered the series just recently and it has captivated my heart and enchanted my mind. The show aired in Norway a few years ago (94/95?), but I never paid any attention to it then. I guess I was too young to really relate (or coimprehend, for that matter) to many of the issues the series bring up...

Well, just my two cents! I hope this forum will further open my eyes to all the different aspects of life the show brings to light. It is a truly amazing series with an equally amazing cast!
DarkApprentice,

Glad you find us and hope you enjoy the forum.

LanceMan

_MackTuesday_

Hello, all

Post by _MackTuesday_ » Sep 11th 2003, 12:07 pm

Hi. I borrowed my neighbors MSCL DVDs and suddenly wished I'd been a fan all these years. I had seen the pilot when it first came out but wasn't much of a TV watcher.

I think I went through the entire MSCL experience over the course of a week:

"Hey, this is a really good show."
"Oh, Brian, you poor thing!"
"Ricky! What crappy things to be happening to such a wonderful person!"
"Good for you, Graham. You held back. Keep it up."
"Oh, Brian, you poor, poor thing! I wonder what happens next."
<Sob, sob, sob> "I can't believe they cancelled the show!"

And I thought I was over high school. My user name will be MackTuesday when I finally get the confirmation email.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Hello, all

Post by fnordboy » Sep 11th 2003, 1:34 pm

_MackTuesday_ wrote:And I thought I was over high school. My user name will be MackTuesday when I finally get the confirmation email.
Welcome to the forums MackTuesday :) I was one of the lucky ones to be a fan since it first started. I will admit I wasn't a diehard from day one, since I wasn't that big of a TV watcher at that time. I watched the majority of the shows when they aired though starting from the first. It wasn't until a few years later that I revisited my girlfriends VHS tapes and fell back in love with the show that I became a diehard.

Anyways, welcome.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Sep 11th 2003, 1:43 pm

Welcome MackTuesday. A true testimate to the show is how it still holds up all these years later, and is able to hook new viewers like you.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Becca
Frozen Embryo

well, this shows I'm a freak

Post by Becca » Sep 12th 2003, 5:49 am

Hey fellow-MSCL peoples!
Thought I'd say g'day... and make a confession. I have NEVER seen one episode of MSCL - nope, not one! I stumbled across this site one day in my wanderings across the webberverse, and from reading the first transcript I was hooked, lined and sinkered!
The only way I could watch MSCL is on Foxtel - or buy the DVDs - but my family doesn't have Foxtel hooked up at the moment and I'm a pov uni student, way short on dosh (but not on heart). I don't know anyone else from Australia who's seen the show, let alone heard of it. It is [b]I[/b] quoting it to my friends, family, boyfriend and lecturers.
You'll have to excuse my extreme slang - both Aussie and my Beccaisms. Yupples.
It seems pretty bizarre of me to say "I love the show" when I've never seen an episode. But from what I've read I like it a lot. I can relate to the situations and characters on a major level, even today I found myself wishing I "had a button somewhere that I could just push to force me to stop talking".
Speaking of, that's all I really had to say. Nice "meeting" you all! Cheerio!
Becca[/quote]

Becca
Frozen Embryo

one more thing...

Post by Becca » Sep 12th 2003, 5:53 am

P.S. Why does it have "Frozen Embryo" under my name in the left column?
"If only there was a button somewhere that I could just push to force me stop talking."

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Sep 12th 2003, 10:35 am

Its a ranking based on the number of posts you've made to the forum. As you make more post it will change to different ranks.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Nik
Liberty High Student

Post by Nik » Sep 25th 2003, 4:53 pm

Well—after about 6 weeks of lurking (well, I’ve made a couple of insignificant posts), I have finally come to the realization that I am hooked on this forum, therefore must now introduce myself. I know that there are others in the group my age and older, but I have to admit it was difficult coming to terms with the fact that at my age of 30 I was feeling so obsessed over a show about high school.

I first saw MSCL when it aired on MTV (don’t know the year, just that it was at least 7 years ago). Any time I saw that there was a marathon, I would get sucked in and spend my whole entire day watching the show. Every time I was left with the same longing for more.

After several years, I didn’t really think about the show much any more. Then this past August, my husband bought the DVD set for my birthday, and I had a marathon of my own. Once again to be left with this empty feeling inside (God—did I just admit that :lol: ). I quickly got online and started searching for something--anything that could possibly pass as a continuation of the show. Maybe some scripts that were written for episodes never produced, or a book that some fan may have written to continue/complete the story. I found everything I was looking for in this forum. The fanfiction was just what I was looking for!! Especially Shannon’s and Shobi’s and Shannon/Shobi’s.

I have been trying to get all of the gals I work with hooked on the show, and have let them borrow the discs, hoping to have someone to obsess about it with me. But—though they all like the show a lot, don’t seem to be quite as into it as I am. I have even roped my husband into watching it with me, but I think he is just trying to appease me.

Well—the point of all of my rambling is—I am happy I have found the forum and fellow MSCL Junkies!

Hi—My name is Nikki and I’m an MSCLcoholic!
Nik

“Well, I guess it depends on how-- badly you need wallpaper”
“I would say pretty badly”

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Sep 25th 2003, 5:32 pm

Welcome Nikki :D
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 25th 2003, 5:41 pm

Welcome to the forum Nikki! You definitely aren't the oldest one here either. Remember: admitting your obsession is the first step.

:wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Sep 25th 2003, 8:09 pm

Welcome, Nikki! :D
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 20th 2003, 9:43 am

Hey... Im a newbie... :lol:

umm...

~My name is Lexi
~I live in Las Vegas
~Im totaly in love with Shannon Leto... the drummer of 30 seconds to mars
~Im 19
~I am the biggest drama show watcher ever!!! I fell in love with 90210 and then could not stop watching... I have probally seen every teen drama to exist... excluding Roswell no wait I watched that... seriously ask me any question about a teen drama and I can answer it... ok just to give you an idea... party of five, BH 90210, Time of your life, girls club (it was canceled after the thrid show), boston public, dawsons creek, buffy, angel, 7th heaven, felicity, MSCL!!! FOREVER!!!, The O.C., Pasadina (canceled after 7 episodes) Freaks and geeks, the wonder years, has anyone ever seen sixteen from nickelodeon?, sweet vally high, Grosse Point, Popular, i mean i could go on and these are only my favorites... im such a loser!!!
~Im addicted to shopping!!! I own over 15 pairs of Dr. Martens :oops:
~I use to dress like angela... :oops: :oops: :oops:
~I love all kinds of music... I am a huge fan of Mariah Carey, REM, Sarah McLachlan, Janet Jackson,... I like all kinds of music...
~When I was 17 I moved to new york to try to find myself... I found myself in more then 5000 dollars in debt and I had to come crawling home with my tail between my legs... :roll:
~I watch MSCL every weekend and I can repeat every Angela VO by heart...

I really dont know what else to say except reading this makes me sound really lame... :roll: sorry about that :D
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life