Vote here

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Vote here

Post by lance » Sep 9th 2003, 11:30 am

...for your favorite shows to come to DVD

Courtesy of those living wonders over at http://www.tvshowsondvd.com

Poll 1: Vote in Rhino's poll for your favorite 80s cartoon: (Includes Dungeons & Dragons & The Real Ghostbusters.

Go here for link:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news.cfm

Poll 2: Vote for more Fox TV shows to come to DVD: (Includes Gregg the Bunny and Picket Fences)

http://www2.foxhome.com/tvdvd/poll/

LanceMan

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Sep 9th 2003, 11:38 am

I miss Picket Fences. I'd like to see that series on DVD.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 9th 2003, 2:27 pm

Lance, you beat me to it! When I saw that last night, I was gasping and oohing and aahing over the list. Greg the Bunny! Remington Steele! THE WONDER YEARS! Ahhhhh...
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Sep 9th 2003, 4:13 pm

TomSpeed wrote:I miss Picket Fences. I'd like to see that series on DVD.
Ditto. It seems that we are in the minority though, last I looked it wasn't doing so well in the voting. That was my #1 choice.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 9th 2003, 4:22 pm

I looooved that show. Great mix of quirky writing and decent writing. Not to mention that great actors. The judge, the defense attorney and the red-headed police officer standing out in my mind.

I would love to see this show on DVD! Might need to get a second job to afford all those DVDs but I might be willing to make that sacrifice.

:D

Great pick TomSpeed.

LanceMan

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 9th 2003, 4:29 pm

candygirl wrote:Lance, you beat me to it! When I saw that last night, I was gasping and oohing and aahing over the list. Greg the Bunny! Remington Steele! THE WONDER YEARS! Ahhhhh...
LOL!

Yeah I saw it and I was like, man wonder why Candy hasn't posted it yet to the board. Maybe Candygirl is sick?

Quick to the Blahmobile!

Oh, wait I rode my bike to work.

I loved Gregg the Bunny. I was supremely disappointed when they canceled the show.

Fnordboy,

When I tried to vote it just kept saying processing. Can you give me a link the results? Thanks.

LanceMan

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Sep 9th 2003, 7:14 pm

I'd love to see Picket Fences on DVD (with David E. Kelly commentary ideally). Right now the series is airing on the Mystery specialty channel here but I'd much rather own the series, though I have found that I don't enjoy it as much as I did when I was in my early teens. Some of Kelly's plot lines etc, that seemed clever and off the wall when I first saw them now sometimes come off as cheesy. Still I'd buy the DVD's and it was my 1st choice on the poll (well it would have been but I had the same "processing" result that Lance had, I'll try again later).

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Sep 10th 2003, 5:28 am

Duh duh duh de dah... de dah di dah dudududu... :admire:

The wombles of wimbledon common are we

But it's not on the list.

I am a bit of a sucker for the programmes I used to watch as a kid. So I've got Bagpuss and Willo-The-Wisp on video.

From that list, The Wonder Years, definitely!

Red Dwarf... obviously. We're sort of half way there on that one.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Sep 10th 2003, 5:30 am

lance wrote:
Quick to the Blahmobile!
:lol: :D

http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Sep 10th 2003, 10:19 am

lance wrote: When I tried to vote it just kept saying processing. Can you give me a link the results? Thanks.

LanceMan
Actually Lance, I don't think there is a seperate link. IIRC it is a flash file so the processing is done internally and dynamically spit out. The first time I voted it processed and showed the results. The next time it never got passed the processing. This poll has been listed in quite a few places so it is most likely being bombarded with hits and that might be what is bogging it down.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 10th 2003, 4:35 pm

fnordboy wrote:
lance wrote: When I tried to vote it just kept saying processing. Can you give me a link the results? Thanks.

LanceMan
Actually Lance, I don't think there is a seperate link. IIRC it is a flash file so the processing is done internally and dynamically spit out. The first time I voted it processed and showed the results. The next time it never got passed the processing. This poll has been listed in quite a few places so it is most likely being bombarded with hits and that might be what is bogging it down.
Ahh, thanks fnordboy. It would be interesting to see the results and what Fox decides to do with them.

LanceMan

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Sep 10th 2003, 7:32 pm

I can finally vote! I tried a few times yesterday but it was endlessly processing. I don't know if it's just less popular today or if there was a problem that's been fixed. I changed my first choice to "the simpsons" because it was truly my first choice but seems like a waste because they are obviously going to release the rest of the Simpsons seasons, right? The Wonder Years has the most votes so far. Picket Fences is somewhere around 13th :cry:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Sep 11th 2003, 12:09 am

grim4746 wrote: Picket Fences is somewhere around 13th :cry:
So not fair :( :cry:

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 11th 2003, 1:47 pm

fnordboy wrote:
grim4746 wrote: Picket Fences is somewhere around 13th :cry:
So not fair :( :cry:
Sad but true, still Picket Fences is doing better than Gregg the Bunny.

:cry:

LanceMan

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Sep 17th 2003, 11:09 pm

grim4746 wrote:
I'd love to see Picket Fences on DVD (with David E. Kelly commentary ideally). Right now the series is airing on the Mystery specialty channel here but I'd much rather own the series, though I have found that I don't enjoy it as much as I did when I was in my early teens. Some of Kelly's plot lines etc, that seemed clever and off the wall when I first saw them now sometimes come off as cheesy. Still I'd buy the DVD's and it was my 1st choice on the poll (well it would have been but I had the same "processing" result that Lance had, I'll try again later).
Do you have any more info on PF airing on Mystery? I did some searches but couldn't find it...

:?:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain