Rehashing of an old realization: Watched the Pilot again.

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.

Rehashing of an old realization: Watched the Pilot again.

Post by Guest » Sep 7th 2003, 7:19 pm

OK, so ... haven't been here in ages. In fact, I will admit I forgot this place existed, despite once being a very active member.

Anyway - I watched the Pilot again this weekend. It still holds up, I'm happy to say. That bitter-sweet human condition still applies.

I still have a love/hate relationship with Jordan. I still think Brian would've had a chance sooner if he'd have SPOKEN UP. Still love Rayanne for all of her flaws...

Sorry for reiterating. Just felt the sudden compulsion to share....

GAH! This is Mia, btw. Forgot I wasn't logged in.

Post by Guest » Sep 7th 2003, 7:20 pm

Sorry!

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Re: Rehashing of an old realization: Watched the Pilot again

Post by Nostradamus » Sep 11th 2003, 1:05 am

Mia wrote:Anyway - I watched the Pilot again this weekend. It still holds up, I'm happy to say. That bitter-sweet human condition still applies.

I still have a love/hate relationship with Jordan. I still think Brian would've had a chance sooner if he'd have SPOKEN UP. Still love Rayanne for all of her flaws...
Me too! It was the show's 9th anniversary, and I hadn't seen the early dvd episodes on a decent sized screen (when I first got the set, I only had a dvd player on my computer) so I popped in the pilot. Still going strong nine years later.

BTW, 'tis a bit awkward to be the one to say it, as I don't think I'd even discovered MSCL.com when you were here, but welcome back, Mia, ya old geezer!

:D
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 22nd 2003, 10:27 pm

the pilot is my favorite episode!!! I love it when Rayanne is like OMG ANGELA!!! and Jordan is looking at her and he is like hey I know that girl and it just feels really validating for ther character...
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Oct 23rd 2003, 2:35 am

Hunee wrote:the pilot is my favorite episode!!! I love it when Rayanne is like OMG ANGELA!!! and Jordan is looking at her and he is like hey I know that girl and it just feels really validating for ther character...
I know what you mean about this scene. I was watching it with a friend of mine and she said that this scene makes her feel really embarassed for both of them. And I was just shocked, I couldn't believe that she could watch that scene and not be so caught up in how exciting that would be for Angela. Maybe my friend had just never had a crush on someone who didn't even notice her.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 23rd 2003, 2:37 am

Maybe your friend was embarrassed for Rayanne because she was so drunk and embarrassed for Angela because Jordan was seeing her get into a police car. I'm trying to five your friend the benefit of the doubt here! :wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Oct 23rd 2003, 2:55 am

i should have been more clear. she was embarrassed for both Angela and Jordan. I didn't ask her why at the time. Next time i talk to her i'll see if she remembers and can offer an explanation. If she doesn't remember I'll just have to force her to watch all 19 episodes and then write an essay explaining how anyone could have said such a thing.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 23rd 2003, 3:06 am

Funny how if you put together all the posts we have written about the show, we probably have more than enough for an essay but WE don't consider it punishment!

I would love to hear why she was embarrassed for Jordan in that scene.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 23rd 2003, 4:03 am

I know what you mean about this scene. I was watching it with a friend of mine and she said that this scene makes her feel really embarassed for both of them. And I was just shocked, I couldn't believe that she could watch that scene and not be so caught up in how exciting that would be for Angela. Maybe my friend had just never had a crush on someone who didn't even notice her.[/quote]

I totally know what you mean... When I see the seen... I watch it like a trillion times in a row and everytime I feel excitement for Angela... I think its because he shouts her name out and is like I know that girl... Its just really cute!!! BTW I also force my friends to watch to and they just dont get it the way some fans do... Its such a trip to see how other people can see totally different sides to how fans feel...
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life