Who's interest is Bush protecting? Yours and mine?

Political Discussion: You've been warned! Please remember we are all friends here. Insults will not be tolerated!
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Who's interest is Bush protecting? Yours and mine?

Post by andrewgd » Aug 22nd 2003, 5:30 pm

"So afraid is the Bush administration of what could be revealed by inquiries into its failures to protect Americans from terrorist attack, it is unabashedly using Kremlin tactics to muzzle members of Congress and thwart the current federal commission investigating the failures of Sept. 11."

"This is a stonewalling job of far greater importance than Watergate. This concerns the refusal of the country’s leadership to be held accountable for the failure to execute its most fundamental responsibility: to protect its citizens against foreign attack."

http://www.nyobserver.com/pages/frontpage3.asp
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Aug 23rd 2003, 7:22 pm

Oh yeah, definitely not ours:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... 300070.DTL
White House ordered false assurances on air quality, report says

In the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001, attack on the World Trade Center, the White House instructed the Environmental Protection Agency to give the public misleading information, telling New Yorkers it was safe to breathe when reliable information on air quality was not available.
I'm glad we have the people we do in charge of our welfare. I keep hearing more and more why we should be putting our security in their hands... I just hope that everyone realizes this during the next election, I'd hate to have ANY of those democrats trying to protect us as well as Bush is. :?
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

ducksqueak
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ducksqueak » Aug 25th 2003, 12:52 am

As a New York City resident, I knew that they lied about the air quality. I was attending college in the south during the attacks, but I visited the site a month later. When I got off at the last subway stop downtown (still about a mile away from the site), everything in my body told me to get back on the train. The smell was the first thing that hit me. It was like the wind got knocked out of me. Then my eyes started burning. I knew that the air was unbreathable and my body tried to tell me when I started coughing and choking on the air. When I left the area, my clothes and hair retained the smell. I was there a month after the attack and only for about 30 mins. I could not imagine having to breath that in 24 hours a day right after it happened.
"Gee, you're beautiful when you're unconscious."
---Link in "Hairspray"

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Aug 26th 2003, 1:06 pm

andrewgd wrote:Oh yeah, definitely not ours:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... 300070.DTL
White House ordered false assurances on air quality, report says

In the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001, attack on the World Trade Center, the White House instructed the Environmental Protection Agency to give the public misleading information, telling New Yorkers it was safe to breathe when reliable information on air quality was not available.
I'm glad we have the people we do in charge of our welfare. I keep hearing more and more why we should be putting our security in their hands... I just hope that everyone realizes this during the next election, I'd hate to have ANY of those democrats trying to protect us as well as Bush is. :?
Shameful, absolutely shameful. Thanks for posting the link andrewgd.

Granted if he lied to us about WMDs, he can lie about anything.

LanceMan