Nip/Tuck

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Nip/Tuck

Post by mglenn » Aug 6th 2003, 9:17 pm

Anyone else watching this show? Whats your thoughts?
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

FuzzyFreaky
Nicky Driscoll

Post by FuzzyFreaky » Aug 15th 2003, 8:23 am

This show is just like any other drama out there except they utilize the 'S' word. It's not that bad a show, the stories are interesting (well at least I think they are) and the acting is good. The last one about the obese woman who wanted surgery so she could look good for her High School reunion made me a little weepy... :(
I'm wicked and I'm lazy....
Don't you wanna save me?

kappster
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kappster » Jul 25th 2004, 1:31 am

Just bought this DVD set on a whim and based on good word of mouth. I have only watched one episode and I am hooked. Very stylized and a bit over the top...yet very engrossing. The picture is awesome. The sound is even better...sounds great on a home theater system. Music is good. All around, a great, well-done DVD package. I find myself interested in the characters and looking foreward to the next episode. The surgery sequences are overly graffic and unrealistic to add unneccessary shock value....that is my only complaint so far. Otherwise...thumbs up.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jul 25th 2004, 9:29 pm

I have seen one or two episodes. My husband (who almost never watches TV, sad, but true :wink: ) keeps trying to get me to watch it. He has caught a few episodes here and there and really likes it. I might put the first season on our NetFlix list.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jul 26th 2004, 5:07 am

This show is about to come to Channel 4 over here (that's terrestrial TV, which we actually have - it's been on Sky for a while...) and I will definitely be tuning in. I read an interesting article on it in the Times about how when the creator pitched the show, most people assumed it was a comedy :!:

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Feb 7th 2005, 9:01 pm

Well, I'm a little late in discovering the show, but damn, it's good. It's so scadelous, I can't wait to see the second season. I could use the usual adjectives to describe the show and it wouldn't be much more than another fan voice spouting off so I won't bother, but consider this. This show captivated a van full of hockey guys for the entire weekend. We watched the full first season, and were totally engrosssed, including the driver who only got to listen. We had 20 minutes left in the last episode when we got back home, and we stayed in the van and watched it while everyone from the other vans left. It was 7am and we'd been up since 8am the day before, but we couldn't leave untill we saw the conclusion.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Nov 9th 2005, 4:51 pm

Just wondering if I'm the only one watching this? Anybody else still into it? Any guesses on who The Carver is?
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts