The Breakfast Club

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
doodles444s
Overlooked Sibling

Post by doodles444s » Apr 8th 2003, 4:18 pm

I looked the joke up online and I guess Judd Nelson's line, when he fell, was "I forgot my pencil." They were trying to work backwards from that, but couldn't think of a joke with that punchline. So he just kinda
ad-libbed. (which was what you said candygirl)
Sam

Tyler Durden
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Tyler Durden » Jun 12th 2003, 7:11 pm

Hey all. Has anyone else had the urge to start screaming, perform cart wheels and dance like a lunatic after having a smoke or is that just Emilio Estefez?
I'm gonna have to change my dealer. :shock:
"My sons a homosexual and I love him. I love my dead, gay son"

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jun 13th 2003, 5:13 am

I showed my friend this film (he's never seen it before!!) last night and he laughed all the way through that sequence...

And no, I don't get that urge, at all. More like 'sit in a chair, laugh hysterically at nothing and then fall off chair.'

:D

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jun 13th 2003, 12:21 pm

I like the punching the air dance move. And I've always had this desire to throw pomento loaf onto artwork, just to see if it will stick.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jun 13th 2003, 2:18 pm

Nothingman wrote:And I've always had this desire to throw pomento loaf onto artwork, just to see if it will stick.
Arrgh, I'm stuck. I'm trying to remember which movie made a reference to that scene with some meat actually suddenly falling off the artwork. I know it was probably some lame teenage-horror parody, but I can't remember the title... Anyone know what I'm talking about?

(In case this posting makes no sense: it's around 95° Fahrenheit here, so my thinking process is currently not available at full power. And I already got a sunburn on my face... :oops: )

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 13th 2003, 2:31 pm

sab wrote:
Nothingman wrote:And I've always had this desire to throw pomento loaf onto artwork, just to see if it will stick.
Arrgh, I'm stuck. I'm trying to remember which movie made a reference to that scene with some meat actually suddenly falling off the artwork. I know it was probably some lame teenage-horror parody, but I can't remember the title... Anyone know what I'm talking about?
I believe that was in Not Another Teen Movie, but I am not 100 percent sure on that one. I think they did a whole scene spoof of Breakfast Club even including the principal or whatever he is.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jun 13th 2003, 3:52 pm

fnordboy wrote:I believe that was in Not Another Teen Movie, but I am not 100 percent sure on that one. I think they did a whole scene spoof of Breakfast Club even including the principal or whatever he is.
Yes, I looked the title up at the IMDb now and it looks like it's the one. Thanks! It was the one with the Molly Ringwald cameo and the scene is even mentioned in the "trivia" section: "During the detention scene, a piece of bologna falls off the statue. This is a reference to the piece that Ally Sheedy threw in the movie Breakfast Club, The (1985)."

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jun 30th 2003, 1:47 pm

It's almost lunch time and I have this incredible craving for a Captain Crunch and Pixie Stix sandwich.

Maybe tomorrow I'll have soup and PB&J with the crusts cut off.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Emeralduk
Liberty High Student

Post by Emeralduk » Aug 15th 2003, 7:49 am

I loved Alison's spinning dance and when she collapsed on the floor at the end. I burst out laughing when I saw Bender thrashing about on the statue, above her too. How did he get up there? I guess the statue is secured firmly to the floor. It looked kind of slippery/smooth though.

Fav.quotes: :D
Bender: "How come Andrew gets to get up? If he gets up, we'll all get up...IT'LL BE ANARCHY!"
Bender (to Andrew): "Do you think I'd speak for you? I don't even know your language."

And who can forget Ferris Bueller's Day Off? I loved Ferris' laid back attitude to everything. I bet lots of teen-boys back then wished they were him, with his pretty girlfriend Mia Sara. :lying:

*~Emerald~*