New Razz emoticon?

Comments/questions about the site or the forum? Post them here. Additionally you'll find here important announcements and news releases from MSCL.com.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

New Razz emoticon?

Post by andrewgd » Jul 2nd 2003, 3:51 pm

Does the 'toungue sticking out' icon bother anyone else? It looks like the smilie is just opening their mouth. I propose the default is changed to this one:

If there is a consensus among a few people (or even if the great and mighty webmaster deems it so) I think this new one should be the default. It looks MUCH more like a tounge sticking out, than a bloody open mouth.

Plus, I use the tounge sticking out icon all the time to show I'm kidding Image and :P just doesn't cut it for me.

So c'mon! Don't be victim of bad smilies! :P :P :P Image Image Image
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 2nd 2003, 3:55 pm

I agree that the current guy looks like he is smiling rather than razzing. Uhhh, so I hope I didn't offend anyone when I was using him as a smilie rather than a razzer!

:P

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jul 2nd 2003, 4:00 pm

I never liked the old one, the new one is better. I like the one from windows messenger too. Make the new one the default.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jul 2nd 2003, 4:03 pm

I didn't even know that was supposed to be a tongue. Just call me the resident moron. :P

And yes, I think it should be changed, although the new one looks like it is bleeding out of the corner of it's mouth...
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jul 3rd 2003, 4:57 am

Megs wrote:I didn't even know that was supposed to be a tongue. Just call me the resident moron. :P
You're not alone; it took me a while to figure it out too. :oops:
And yes, I think it should be changed, although the new one looks like it is bleeding out of the corner of it's mouth...
Yeah, maybe a one pixel wide border around the tongue, to make it "stick out" or something. We could keep the old razz as a smilie, just rename it.

While we are on the subject, "confused" :? has always struck me as some other emotion, like mildly annoyed, or possibly constipated...

:wink:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jul 3rd 2003, 7:16 am

Your wish is my command :-)

The new one: :P The old one is still available by using : - P (without spaces) :-P

I also added a few new emoticons:

:yikes: :admire: :angelic: :bathroom: :bawling: :ironing: :washingdishes: :clap: :diabolo: :tease: :hairy: :flowers: :BIGhug: :rnj: :redmad: :furious: :nono: :vacuum: :scratchinghead: :redscreams: :blushblue: :sickgreen: :whoohoo: :outofmind: :washer1: :washing2: :whip:

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jul 3rd 2003, 9:19 am

Is this me whipping the finger? It certainly looks like it.

:nono:

"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 3rd 2003, 1:22 pm

Well since we're sharing our interpretations, I always thought this laughing guy :lol: looked more like he was smirking at someone than laughing WITH someone. Maybe it's the eyebrows.

Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jul 8th 2003, 12:00 am

The new emoticons are hysterical!

Gary

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 13th 2003, 3:29 pm

Hey, I must have some strange complex where I think everyone is trying to flip me off, but I think the Alien really is!

0X

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 13th 2003, 3:29 pm

candygirl wrote:Well since we're sharing our interpretations, I always thought this laughing guy :lol: looked more like he was smirking at someone than laughing WITH someone. Maybe it's the eyebrows.

Definitely the eyebrows. :lol: