The Official "Terminator 3" Discussion Thread

Discuss former or new projects of Claire Danes ("Angela Chase") in this forum.
TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jul 5th 2003, 11:30 am

I really like T3. It is exciting, funny, and definitely worth seeing on the big screen. Claire does a good job, too. Go see it if you get a chance.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jul 5th 2003, 2:31 pm

TomSpeed wrote:I really like T3. It is exciting, funny, and definitely worth seeing on the big screen. Claire does a good job, too. Go see it if you get a chance.
Thanks, Tom. My husband and I are planning on seeing a matinee tomorrow. I think I might have to watch T1 and T2 again as a refresher before we go. It's been years since I saw them.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jul 7th 2003, 11:34 pm

Hmm... maybe I'll try to catch a matinee sometime this week.

Then again, that's what I said about Matrix Reloaded and I've yet to that either. :(

Gary

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 8th 2003, 1:23 am

I am going to wait for DVD or cable for this one. After reading a few reviews I just am not as interested in it. Seems to be nothing more than an action movie, doesnt seem to have the substance that the others had. Plus it would be a real pain in the ass to convince my girlfriend to come and see it with me ;)

The Talented Krakow
Overlooked Sibling

Post by The Talented Krakow » Jul 8th 2003, 7:11 am

I think I go and see it. But I've actually never seen T1 and T2. They sell de DVD's of T1 here for €20 and T2 for only €10, but are they worth it? I mean, from what I've seen from T3 so far (some trailers and a movieclip), it isn't really a very interesting movie, just a lot of plain Hollywood action and special effects.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jul 8th 2003, 8:55 am

Definitely see T1 and T2 before seeing T3. I haven't seen T3 but I can't imagine it would make lots of sense unless you've seen the others.

In any case, you should see T1 and T2. They are VERY good and definitely worth watching. They deal with interesting issues (man vs machine, will humankind wipe itself out by developing technology that in the end it can't handle?) and besides, they are just good.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jul 8th 2003, 11:12 am

I think a lot of my enjoyment of T3 stems from seeing it at the movies instead of on a TV screen. There's just something about seeing an action movie on a great big movie screen. Plus, the fact that this movie works without James Cameron and Linda Hamilton is simply amazing. I think this movie fits nicely with the other two movies. And, of course, Claire is in this one. So, I can't help but like it a little.

[spoiler]The only problem I have with the movie is the ending. I'm not really sure how the Terminatrix is killed. The camera work is a little sloppy during the final battle. Also, the world as we know it is destroyed. A sequel would almost have to be set in the post-Judgment Day world. One of the appeals of the series is that the stories take place in or time and we can relate to what's going on. We have a connection. I don't see how we can be as involved in a movie set totally outside our real world.[/spoiler]
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jul 8th 2003, 2:34 pm

TomSpeed wrote:[spoiler]The only problem I have with the movie is the ending. I'm not really sure how the Terminatrix is killed.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I thought it was pretty clear that the Terminatrix was killed by the nuclear blast of Ahnolds reactor being destroyed.[/spoiler]
TomSpeed wrote:[spoiler]A sequel would almost have to be set in the post-Judgment Day world. One of the appeals of the series is that the stories take place in or time and we can relate to what's going on. We have a connection. I don't see how we can be as involved in a movie set totally outside our real world.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Yes, but how badly did you want to see what Connor did in those next 10 minutes of film? THATS where his character really changes. How does he take charge? There's thousands of grown military men who have survived this....how is this little punk going to take charge? Where does he find it in himself to do so? THATS what I want to see.

I thought the movie was sooo much better than I expected. It definitely works as the sequel to T1 and T2. Maybe not quite as artfully shot, but at least story-wise, I think they nailed it pretty good.[/spoiler]

And was Claire looking hot or what? :wink:
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jul 8th 2003, 3:03 pm

andrewgd wrote:
TomSpeed wrote:[spoiler]The only problem I have with the movie is the ending. I'm not really sure how the Terminatrix is killed.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I thought it was pretty clear that the Terminatrix was killed by the nuclear blast of Ahnolds reactor being destroyed.[/spoiler]
TomSpeed wrote:[spoiler]A sequel would almost have to be set in the post-Judgment Day world. One of the appeals of the series is that the stories take place in or time and we can relate to what's going on. We have a connection. I don't see how we can be as involved in a movie set totally outside our real world.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Yes, but how badly did you want to see what Connor did in those next 10 minutes of film? THATS where his character really changes. How does he take charge? There's thousands of grown military men who have survived this....how is this little punk going to take charge? Where does he find it in himself to do so? THATS what I want to see.

I thought the movie was sooo much better than I expected. It definitely works as the sequel to T1 and T2. Maybe not quite as artfully shot, but at least story-wise, I think they nailed it pretty good.[/spoiler]

And was Claire looking hot or what? :wink:
[spoiler]Yes, I'd like to see what happens next. However, making the next movie will be so much harder than this one because most of our reference points will be gone. I wish them luck. I think it all hinges on how this movie does at the box office. It's doing pretty well right now.[/spoiler]

Claire is on fire in this movie IMHO.
TomSpeed

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jul 8th 2003, 3:13 pm

TomSpeed wrote:[spoiler]Yes, I'd like to see what happens next. However, making the next movie will be so much harder than this one because most of our reference points will be gone.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I agree that it'll be a different type of movie than the last 3. But really, how many times can they do the same story again and again? Obviously, three. But it is a little silly that they can do all this stuff, and not have to explain it when we've seen the exact thing twice before. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it, but I think 3 times is plenty. Time to move on. It will be harder to do a good job on the next one than it was for this one, cause now they actually have to deal with judgment day, and not put it off any longer. I'm glad they had the balls to finally get there.[/spoiler]

Its probably because of the return to red hair. I love her with red hair.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

The Talented Krakow
Overlooked Sibling

Post by The Talented Krakow » Aug 7th 2003, 7:48 pm

I just finished watching it. I've also seen T1 and T2 in the meantime, and they were actually pretty cool movies. I also really enjoyed watching T3, it was kick-ass in my opinion. There's just three things I don't like. First of all is Claire's character (I mean Kate or however it should be spelled). You can clearly see that she was casted very late and didn't get the time to really get to know her character. Maybe it was over-acted, or maybe it was just the script, but all her screaming again and again and again started to annoy after a while. I started to think: shut up, you whiner, we know you are scared. [spoiler]Also her emotions when she finds out her fiancee is dead are not very convincing. When her father dies it looks more realistic IMHO.

Second is the fact that Judgement Day actually happened. I mean, it was a surprising and fabulous ending, but it made T2 and a part of T3 unnecessary. I mean: whole T2 is about preventing Judgement Day, and then they finally seem to have done it, and then it still takes place. Also, Arnold told John that Judgement Day was inevidable. Then why did he still want to try to stop it? Yeah ok, he sais at the end that he didn't want to believe it, but I don't find that very convincing.

A third thing: I thought both T1 and T2 were about changing the future, and now it seems that the future is set (John sais he's not sure about that, but in T3 you can see that it's obvious that the future is already determined). In that case John Connor in the future knows that, so why should he send people/Terminators back to protect Sarah Connor and son? Also, if the future is set indeed, T1, 2, 3 and whatever comes next keeps repeating, because everytime time reaches a certain point where a terminator is send back in time to kill Sarah or John.[/spoiler]

Arg, these things keep bugging me. But Claire looks hot indeed :).
"My parents keep asking how school was. It's like saying, 'How was that drive-by shooting?' You don't care how it _was_, you're lucky to get out alive."

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Aug 7th 2003, 10:33 pm

The Talented Krakow wrote:[spoiler]In that case John Connor in the future knows that, so why should he send people/Terminators back to protect Sarah Connor and son?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Cause if he didn't, he knows he wouldn't be alive. The only reason the fugure is set is because of what has happened in the past. Just think, no matter what your decisions, there is only one future for you. You just don't know what it is yet. John in the future knows that that is his future, and knows what he has to do to get it to be like that. The only reason he's alive is that he and his mother were saved. Perhaps for some reason he told them that their reason was to prevent judgment day, and not just to protect the Connors.[/spoiler]

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Aug 18th 2003, 3:43 pm

Today, Warner Bros. officially announced that the DVD will be released on November 11th.

Here are the specs (not sure how confirmed they are, but I believe they are from the press release):

2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer
English Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
French Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
Audio Commentary with Arnold Schwarzenegger
Audio Commentary with Jonathan Mostow
Introduction by Arnold Schwarzenegger
Create Your Own Visual Effects Feature
Various Deleted Scenes
HBO First Look Featurette
Documentaries <- that's a bit vague, now is it?
On Set Gag Reel <- cool!
SkyNet Personnel & Weapons Database
Storyboards
Photo Gallery
Easter Eggs
DVD-ROM Features

No trailers? Hmmm...

Gary

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 18th 2003, 3:54 pm

Hmmmm, think they announced the DVD release to balance out the fact that many theaters have stopped showing the movie? I know the theaters up here have pulled T3 - last weekend was its last hurrah in my area.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

The Talented Krakow
Overlooked Sibling

Post by The Talented Krakow » Aug 18th 2003, 4:42 pm

November 11th, is that just the R1 version or also the R2 version?

Btw that poster looks more like it could be a T4 poster then the T3 DVD cover, since T4 will be about the war between man/machines, and in T3 you only see a few seconds of this in the beginning.
"My parents keep asking how school was. It's like saying, 'How was that drive-by shooting?' You don't care how it _was_, you're lucky to get out alive."