Instant Messaging Dating?

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 26th 2003, 6:29 pm

No worries - that's what I'm here for!

(research rules! ever see Desk Set with Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy? I'm like Bunny, but with a computer)

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Aug 2nd 2003, 1:17 am

Gonna try to keep this one short, I'm tired.

She was supposed to call after work. She said she gets off work at 4. I waited until 5:30, and then went to dinner with my mom. On the way, she calls. I guess work kept her late (but she didn't realize I was waiting for her to call). She still wants to do something, even though her friends are getting together. I ask if its ok for me to call her a bit later after dinner.

So I do, we go bowling, the two of us. I kick her butt, but she still is nice enough to pay for the shoes and frames. She'd asked a couple times if I would want to go with her and hang out with her friends. Turns out there were tons of people wherever it was, and I didn't exactly feel like doing that for my bday. I had mentioned to her that I had gotten some Muppet episodes as gifts, and she got excited. So we came back to my place and watched those for an hour. We pet one of my cats together (thats always nice to get the blood flowing...soft fur, hands petting, the 'accidental' touching of fingers...mm he he he).

She'd been tired all night. (and used that excuse for her low bowling score :D ). So I drove her home around midnight, she sang me happy birthday in the car :) and we hugged goodnight, and rubbed her back a bit before she got out. (not massage, the kind of just 'hand on back, back and forth' type thing. Yes,I think about and remember these types of things).

Oh, she also invited me to a "dress-up" party on Sunday. You know how everyone has those formal clothes they never wear? I guess they're making up an occasion to get all dressy. And wine and cheese. Might be fun.

So much for short. Anyways, back to my new birthday toys. :D
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Aug 4th 2003, 2:44 am

Why is it that such a high is usually followed by a great fall?
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 4th 2003, 4:43 am

Because you can't maintain that high indefinitely. Sounds pessimistic, but it's realistic. Life is cyclical - lots of ups and downs.

:D

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 4th 2003, 9:13 am

andrewgd wrote:Why is it that such a high is usually followed by a great fall?
What happened?
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Aug 4th 2003, 2:29 pm

She was throwing this party where everyone dresses up, cause her and her friends realized they had prom dresses they've only worn once. So I got on my maroon shirt and tie, with dark grey suit...looking pretty good. I'd planned on flirting it up a lot more with her...almost considered bringing flowers.

I show up, she gives me an excited, "Look at you!!" and I'm feeling really good. She introduces me to all her friends and then we go into the kitchen to put away the wine I brought. Then she says, "Oh, I don't know if I've told you, I'm seeing the tall guy out there, Jason."

Thats about when my heart hit my sneakers.

Obviously she hadn't even dropped a hint about it, or I wouldn't have been expecting a night of fun. I think I was able to pull off a "Oh, ok" without my voice cracking or sounding upset. And I really wanted to go and have fun. I've never been much of a 'party' person, but wanted to really enjoy her friends. But after that all I could focus on was how really young they are, and of course, her in his arms. I stayed for about 4 or 5 hours, watching them all smoke, and play guitar...we played a short game of clue. I just couldn't stick around anylonger, even though she asked if I was going to sleepover with the rest of them.

Its made me feel like this kid who's too mature to party like that, but also so immature that I get these highschool crush ideals into my head, and get swept up in them, no matter how unrealistic they are. I got really upset last night driving home with all of that resonating in my head.

So thats what it was...

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 4th 2003, 2:37 pm

I'm so sorry. It sounds like she isn't worth any more of your time. She had to have known that you were interested in her, and look how she's treated you! I don't know how you lasted 4 hours there.

Hopefully you will meet a girl that is everything you are looking for.

Her web journal didn't mention her seeing this guy Jason? That seems odd how curtly she brought that up.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Aug 4th 2003, 3:05 pm

Ugh. Give her $50 so she can buy a clue.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 4th 2003, 3:19 pm

TomSpeed wrote:Ugh. Give her $50 so she can buy a clue.
$50? Too steep. Give this girl a dime.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 4th 2003, 3:21 pm

Ouch! Well, if you want to look on the bright side - at least now you know.

As for the $50, I bet she had a pretty good clue and liked the attention she was getting from multiple males. She backburnered you!

:evil:

One of the pitfalls of dating younger girls - they can be really immature. Older women can be emotionally immature too, but it's a little more of a given with 19 year old college students.

Time to find someone more worthy!

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Aug 4th 2003, 3:22 pm

I have so overpaid for clues.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Aug 4th 2003, 3:39 pm

Andrew, sorry to hear the bad news. Hopefully now you will drop her. She obviously either can't make up her mind or just doesn't care enough about you. She can't be so clueless to not realize the way you felt about her, or that you atleast had feelings for her. Maybe that was her way of trying to break it to you easy...but obviously she failed.

Yeah so....many.fish.sea.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Aug 4th 2003, 10:24 pm

Thanks for all the comments. The friends I talked to wanted to tell me what I should do, and that it probably wasn't a good idea to persue her anyways, that I should look for someone closer to my own age. Thats not what I wanted to hear, I wanted to hear "Give her $50 so she can buy a clue"!

Thanks. :D

At this point, I'm mostly curious whether to even try to be friends with her anymore, and if I didn't put out any more effort, if she'd even notice. We'll see!

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Aug 4th 2003, 11:17 pm

You should probably put the ball in her court. Let her initiate contact with you. If she does contact you, you should be friendly. But you shouldn't go out of your way for her. It seems like you've done some groundwork. Odds are that she will contact you down the line if she is interested. It would be nice to have her come after you. But if she doesn't, it's no biggie. And you probably shouldn't try to be a friend with potential. Assume nothing's going to happen. You should also keep your eyes open for other possibilities. Don't let her bring you down. She is missing out on you.

I'm trying to think of other things to tell you. But I'm still trying to work on my fatalistic attraction to lesbians.
TomSpeed

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Aug 4th 2003, 11:46 pm

TomSpeed wrote:Let her initiate contact with you. But you shouldn't go out of your way for her. But if she doesn't, it's no biggie. Assume nothing's going to happen.
Thats exactly how I'm trying to think. You hit everything right on the head.
TomSpeed wrote: But I'm still trying to work on my fatalistic attraction to lesbians.
Yeah, for some reason I keep getting attracted to Bi girls. Go figure. I'd never do a 3some though, so I guess its a general personality thing. :?

Thanks again guys. :D