Irreversible

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Irreversible

Post by fnordboy » Aug 4th 2003, 3:46 pm

So I had picked up the R2 UK DVD of Irreversible back when it was released, and I never got around to watching it. I figured with the R1 coming out in a little over a week I should finally get around to watching it since I paid for the import.

I really enjoyed this movie, I thought it was very well done. The effects were just friggin amazing. Especially during the fight in the first couple minutes of the movie. :shock: So realistic. The camerwork at first is a bit hard to get used to, but it does eventually calm down and it makes sense. All in all I thought it was shot well.

Now, of course the 9 minute rape scene. :shock: :shock: :shock: Jesus Christ!! That has to be the most realistic looking rape scene I have ever seen in a movie. One long take, very little camera movement. Goddamn is all I can say. I will never let my girlfriend walk anywhere alone again. It is not so much a "graphic" scene in the sexual sense, it is not like much is shown of Belluci's body (ass and some t!t) but the violence and the aggression that is in this scene is just intense.

Definitely worth checking this movie out, might be a rental though. I don't know how much replay value this movie has.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Aug 12th 2003, 8:28 pm

It's hard to watch, that's for damn sure.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)