My So-Called Year

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
JPP13
Angela's best friend

My So-Called Year

Post by JPP13 » Aug 3rd 2003, 9:12 pm

Kind of reached a bittersweet, melancholy bench mark today, but first some background.

When I received my DVDs in late November or so (from Amazon after cancelling with you-know who), I decided that I was going to leisurely watch them, rather than having a big marathon. (someone on here suggested that, I should look it up and credit them).

Well, thats what I've done. I watch about 1 show every 3 weeks, roughly speaking. And I read all the info available for that episode on this site. The Trivia, the Angela's World, the recaps in the forum.

The benchmark today is that I started the final disc (Resolutions). The end is in sight. But its been a tremendous journey. I haven't seen some of these episodes since the first run. And taking my time through them has really caused me to appreciate the show far beyond any other TV show I've ever regularly watched. I have to carefully remind myself at times, as I've become immersed, that this is just a show. I don't really know Angela, et al. haha.

Anyway, I sure wish it would never end, but unfortunately its coming.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 4th 2003, 9:15 am

How bittersweet. I do not have the patience to do that! I must have watched the boxset 8 times in all since I received it in November. I admire your patience!
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Aug 4th 2003, 10:02 am

It hasn't been easy. I'm not a patient person. :)