Batman: Dead End

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Batman: Dead End

Post by GaryEA » Jul 20th 2003, 10:01 pm

At this year's San Diego Comic Con, one of the big hits is appreantly a fan film titled "Batman: Dead End", an eight minute piece that boasts an incredibly high production value, the perfect Batman costume, and three villains (two of which are surprises at the end).

Here's a peek...

The film is now, with the permission of the director, available on places like Kazaa. Since I'm a techie n00b, I've yet to find it, but I thought others would like to know about it.

Later. :D

Gary

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jul 22nd 2003, 11:18 pm

Wow... this thread struck a nerve... lol!

Gary

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 23rd 2003, 12:18 am

GaryEA wrote:Wow... this thread struck a nerve... lol!

Gary
I guess everyone saw it :lol:

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jul 23rd 2003, 12:19 am

How did I miss this??? I saw the pictures on AICN.

Have you found it on Kazaa yet??????

God damn, this is the best Batman I've seen EVER. Possibly even better than the cartoon, and thats really hard to beat.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 23rd 2003, 12:26 am

I watched it tonight. I didnt care for it and thought it was too much of a fanboy's wet dream. Other than some of the costuming and whatnot I wasn't too impressed.

But, that's just me...

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jul 23rd 2003, 3:49 am

I want to see THAT Batman and THAT Joker on the full screen. They were PERFECT. The Batsuit should be just like that (maybe a *little* thicker material).

Dead On.

Its too bad about the suprise villians though. I was HIGHLY disappointed. You're right...fanboy's wet dream. I had hoped for more, since the Batman and Joker were done so well.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."