Starbug goes lego

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Starbug goes lego

Post by mglenn » Jul 18th 2003, 8:45 am

Found this in my stumbles around the net: http://www.zemi.net/lego/starbug/

The guy has a whole bunch of cool lego models http://www.zemi.net/lego/#

Parents do you kid a favor, buy them all the legos you can... their educational value is just as good as books!!!!

And yes I'm 28 years old and given the chance I still play with legos! And I'm ok with that! :D
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Re: Starbug goes lego

Post by andrewgd » Jul 18th 2003, 2:22 pm

mglenn wrote:Parents do you kid a favor, buy them all the legos you can... their educational value is just as good as books!!!!

And yes I'm 28 years old and given the chance I still play with legos! And I'm ok with that! :D
You've hit the nail on the head there! I'll be 24 in a few weeks, and hope to get a few sets then. :) I've got quite a habit for the Star Wars LEGO. Two great tastes that taste great together.

Have you gone and splurged on the Empirial Cruiser? Ooohhh...as soon as I have $300 that I don't really want to have anymore...that set is MINE!
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jul 18th 2003, 9:07 pm

Damn! He isn't selling the Q-Wing fighter. I like that bad boy, and I should have a couple hundred bucks lying around...

:D

Gary

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jul 22nd 2003, 9:50 am

Those are fantastic! I'm seeing if I can have one of those images as my avatar... give me a few months and I should have it sorted :D

Yeah, I used to love playing with lego. I had the pneumatic JCB set, some star wars stuff, and loads of 'junk' pieces I used to love putting together.

My kids (when I have some) will read harry potter, winnie the pooh, play with lego and watch Camberwick Green.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Jul 22nd 2003, 10:52 am

Yup Legos... but don't forget about an erector set or two, tinker toys, Lincoln Logs and ,this one will show my age, Fisher Price Adventure People. Damn does that site bring back memories...

As for Harry Potter... check out C.S. Lewis's The Chronicals of Narnia. Somewhere along growing up I remember someone used to show the Winnie the Pooh movies with The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.. so I always associate the two together. I loved how the later stories put together how the early stories were able to take place... like how the wardrobe was built from trees taken from Narnia and then ended up at the old house in The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jul 22nd 2003, 10:56 am

Yep, I have read the Chronicles of Narnia and still have my boxset of books so I'll be keeping them to wow my kids at bedtime with!

And I'm not quite sure what a Lincoln Log is... must be that transatlantic divide. To me, it sounds like one of Abraham's turds or something.

I also used to have loads of 'Popples' which were basically little cuddly toys with a pouch on the back which you could turn inside out somehow so they would end up like they were in a sleeping bag. I think I had about 10 of those, in assorted sizes.

http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Jul 22nd 2003, 11:04 am

Lincoln Logs They are basicly wooden sticks that fit together to build log buildings and such. Yet another freeform play type toy.

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Jul 22nd 2003, 11:09 am

My mom is a very crafty person so she used to make all the stuffed animals I had. My favorite which I could not be seperated from when I was 3 to say 6 year's old was a stuffed rabbit. She left a trail of rasins (bunny droppings) through the house on Easter and they lead to my easter basket which he was in, when she gave him to me.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jul 22nd 2003, 11:50 am

I had a Popple, he was yellow and his name was potato chip (came with the name). By best friend had a green one, he also had Gismo, I was so jealous.

Book series I remember from my childhood were The Indian in the Cupboard and the Tail of the 4th Grade Nothing series.

Lincoln Logs are building blocks shaped like logs that you can build log homes of various shapes and sizes with. They are one of those simple timeless toys.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Chase Cat
Three Rivers Resident

Religion powered by Lego

Post by Chase Cat » Aug 25th 2003, 1:08 pm

mglenn wrote:Parents do you kid a favor, buy them all the legos you can... their educational value is just as good as books!!!!
Especially this guy is doing something for our religious education. "Reverend" Brendan Powell Smith built a massive amount of scenes from the holy bible for his site: The Brick Testament. My favourite is the last supper (with the Lego figure of Qui-Gonn Jinn from Star Wars Ep. I as Jesus :wink:):

Patty to Graham: You always buy the cat nicer food than I do.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Aug 25th 2003, 1:21 pm

Is the person to Jesus's left a man or a woman? The face is hidden by the cup and it's so hard to tell when all their chests are flat. Either way shouldn't they have red hair? Ahh, the mystery continues. :wink:
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts