MSCL MINI CONVENTION - LOCATION VOTE

Use this forum to coordinate meetings with other "Lifeheads" from around the world - be it online or in "real life".

I WOULD ATTEND CONVENTION IN...

USA: any north-east city
34%
USA: any south-east city
7%
USA: any middle city
5%
USA: any west coast city
5%
USA: pittsburgh only
5%
USA: nyc only
2%
USA: california cities only
9%
USA: vegas only
5%
USA: any city
11%
OTHER COUNTRY: specify below
16%
WOULD NOT ATTEND ANYWHERE
2%

Total votes: 44

pgh kenny
Angelica

MSCL MINI CONVENTION - LOCATION VOTE

Post by pgh kenny » Jul 9th 2003, 4:12 pm

If there were a mini-MSCL convention where would you be willing to go? If held in Pittsburgh I could provide housing for people on a budget.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jul 9th 2003, 4:35 pm

Nice idea - the only annoying thing is the fact that our simple forum poll function only allows one selection per user. So it's not possible to select more than one item. I hope this isn't a big problem.

Anyway, back to the topic: I guess such a "mini-convention" could be a reason to empty my bank account and finally visit the USofA for a few days. I'm not going to vote in this poll as there's no way to gurantee at the moment that I'll be able to make it (there're just too many unknown variables in my life right now :-)). But the closer the location would be to east coast, the cheaper the airplane ticket would be for me :)

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jul 9th 2003, 4:55 pm

I voted for the Northeast, since that is drivable distance for me.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jul 9th 2003, 5:32 pm

I like the idea of Vegas because it sounds like a fun trip and air fair and lodging is cheap. But on the other hand, it would be nice to do the MSCL pilgramage around Pittsburg, and I've never been back east. Only time I've ever been east of the Mississippi is to go to Florida.

Maybe I'll just ride my horse across country, maybe see me one of them horseless carriages. Or try me some Eeeleckticity.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...HAAAAAAAAAAA :onfire:
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 9th 2003, 6:14 pm

Well for me it would have to be a drivable distance from my location so I chose Northeast City. Though NYC would be ideal ;)

Me and my girlfriend do not fly, and since she doesn't drive it would have to be a trip I could drive myself.

It would be cool though.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Jul 9th 2003, 6:41 pm

In an ideal world, the convention would be fully funded by a successful lawsuit against Sir Rojek...

People and foundations give grants for all kinds of goofy things. Has anyone else seen the info-mercial with the guy with all the dollar signs? We should pursue getting someone to partially fund this affair.

Ideally, at least one of us would live in the city where it would be held to aid in planning.

I'm willing to drive anywhere in the north-east. NYC would be fun but expensive? Once I stayed at a hotel on Wall Street for work and the rate for one night was almost as big as my monthly mortgage payment.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jul 10th 2003, 4:52 am

I'm the 11% for another country...

:cry2:

Let's face it, I'm not going to make it. But for the rest of you it sounds like it would be lots of fun!

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Jul 10th 2003, 9:09 am

Pittsburgh would be great for me as its just down the road from me... And of course me and Kenny could show people around we could pick up hookers on Liberty Ave., Hang out on the NorthSide and even leave Nothingman in the middle of Homewood at night for that real authentic Pittsburgh experience. :whoohoo:

And of course we can hang out at the bars on the strip which are the closes thing anywhere to Lets Bolt. Although no one ever tried to set my hair on fire there....

Seriously though Pittsburgh is a great town I just rip on it cause I'm forced to live here!
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

ducksqueak
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ducksqueak » Jul 12th 2003, 1:33 pm

I voted for NYC. Maybe it seems selfish because I live here. NYC b/c there are plenty of places for accomadations and 3 airports. It can be done cheaply if you know where to have it. You can stay in a hotel in Brooklyn or Queens and then take the subway into Manhattan. I'm a student living on a budget so I understand the financial hardship of being in this city, but I also know where to get the deals and what places take coupons.
"Gee, you're beautiful when you're unconscious."
---Link in "Hairspray"

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jul 16th 2003, 1:49 am

I live in Noth Jersey, so I'm biased toward NYC, but I think a compromise of sorts could be Philadelphia. That way, the Pennsylvania folk can make it. BUT, that totally screws everyone else. :(

Would make for an interesting road trip...

Gary

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Jul 17th 2003, 10:20 am

Come on people LA is the only logical place. Although we all know that MSCL was in Pittsburgh, it was filmed in good old LA. We could even drive by the former site of the filming and check out the high school that was used as Liberty High. Plus it would be easier to entice people from the show to come and speak if they did not have to travel far. And oh yeah, I like live in LA. But seriously, it makes sense doesn't it.
"It just goes to show you, if it's not one thing it's another, but it's always something!"

Roseanne Roseannadanna

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 17th 2003, 1:40 pm

Another plus - Southwest and Jet Blue both fly to the LA area! (cheap tickets)
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jul 17th 2003, 5:30 pm

I wonder how many people look for the Chase house? Looking for MSCL landmarks might make for an interesting trip to LA. I like the part about cheap flight tickets.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 17th 2003, 5:50 pm

We could visit Liberty High too!

:D

Don't you want to run down those steps?
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 17th 2003, 6:24 pm

Don't forget the downside though folks....

I wouldn't be there ;)